• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I like Watase too, might be one of the few opponents that gave full props to Kiryu and truly understanded his value.

I really hope Kiryu is not dragged back deep to the story lol because at this point is just comical.

source.gif
The whole Watase stuff in 5 is just awesome. Especially when they finally fight late in 5. Its hands down one of my favourite moments in the entire series. Plus as a character, he's got a code of honor to him, I mean he's still an evil SOB no doubt about it, but he's not like Kanai who's a complete monster either.

And yeah, that GIF perfectly encapsulates Kiryu at this point.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering what was taking them so long to reveal those details. That sounds incredibly fun, its like Kiryu's part in 0 but instead of just filling up bars they've added so much more depth and interaction, and that's before taking the shareholder meetings into consideration which sound hilarious.

Also nice to hear about the forging/modding side of things, I'd located that building in the demo and wondered what the heck it was for. Good to know!

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
A few days back, I stumbled upon a somewhat significant continuity gaffe, which I'm surprised I didn't pick up on the first go around. Spoilers for Kiwami 2's Majima Saga and Yakuza 4 to follow.
We first learned, in Yakuza 4, that Purgatory existed even as far back as 1985. Not only that, but also that Majima knew of it back then, and that he brought Saejima's patriarch, Sasai, down to Purgatory when he was near-death and had nowhere else to go.

vdXd0Mw.png

However, Kiwami 2's Majima Saga, developed years later and taking place in February of 2006, contradicts this. In it, we witness what is supposedly the first time Majima and The Florist have ever met, and the first time that Majima has ever heard of Purgatory, as well.

LjBsWW5.png

sHULH2S.png
If it were a minor thing, I wouldn't mind so much, but I'd say that Kiwami 2 retconning a previously established character moment for Majima just so that we could see him and The Florist meet in-game (many years after they were supposed to have met) is pretty lame. I do wish they had payed more attention to their previously established lore.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Woops. That was a pretty bad screwup. I'll take 4's plot over the extra Majima one though, because I love the Sasai moments far more than the Majima stuff in Kiwami 2.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Woops. That was a pretty bad screwup. I'll take 4's plot over the extra Majima one though, because I love the Sasai moments far more than the Majima stuff in Kiwami 2.
Same here, I liked what was revealed in Yakuza 4 better than the Majima Saga "first meeting". It's just kinda shoehorned in there, honestly. As if that wasn't bad enough, another lore problem iirc is when
Majima seems surprised they reconstructed the part of town that was bombed back in 0 (the bomb that killed Lee), but he should already be aware of that, being that he was already back in Sotenbori after 0, in the early 90s, when he first met Mirei Park:

latest
Sadly, the Majima Saga doesn't seem to give a monkey's toss about previously established facts. It's a shame, too, because I otherwise love the
bittersweet return, and subsequent closure, of the Majima and Makoto story arc.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So something occurred to me today, well tomorrow kinda. As 14 years ago tomorrow the first Yakuza game was released in Japan. Kinda nuts that its been that long already, I can vividly remember playing through that first game...

So next year its gonna be the 15th year anniversary of the series, wonder if we'll be getting anything special? I mean, 7 is releasing in January but as far as I've seen they've not been advertising that as a special anniversary game like 0/Kiwami was back on the 10 year mark... Just something for me to think about over the next few months while I wait for TGS 2020...

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I can very well imagine that they're going to do something special for the 15th anniversary. The big question though: What will it be?

By the way, I'm back from Japan and walking through Kabukicho sure was a bit surreal, realizing that I know pretty much the layout of it, even though I've never been there before in real life. Some things are certainly different (not just shop locations or facilities like the batting center) and unfortunately there was some construction going on behind Theater Square, so it didn't really look that "cool", but it was still a great experience. Seeing "real life Shangri-La" was quite funny too, gave me that "ahh, that place..." moment. Sadly, I didn't see any giant traffic cones where a certain someone might be hiding underneath it, but I certainly saw a lot of hosts (they're easy to spot with their fancy hairstyles and clothes). The giant Godzilla head was awesome too, especially at night when they do this little show with the Godzilla theme playing and smoke coming out of the head that's supposed to be his atomic breath. I haven't had the time to go through my pictures just yet, but I'll make sure to share a few once I did. I didn't spent too much time in Kabukicho, because I still had so much else to explore. I went there in the afternoon and left once it got dark, but next time I definitely want to soak in the night life in it a bit more. Walking through Golden Gai was amazing too. I definitely want to try going for a drink there next time.

That being said: I did get asked once to come into a manzoku, the same stores you also see in the Yakuza games, where they will tell you about hostess clubs, boob bars etc. Just ignore them and you're good to go (unless you want to go that is). That's in general a pro trip when walking through the streets, where people try to give you stuff. In Shibuya I did get one of the energy drinks also featured in the Yakuza games for free (it's quite tasty!) but most of them, when they give you like flyers etc. they also try to drag you into their store, so just refuse or don't even make eye contact, unless you really want to go with them. Like I actually went "ah, whatever, let's experience a maid cafe, why not" but instead of searching for one on Googlemaps, I just made eye contact with one of the many maids in Akihabara. 5 minutes later I was in the cafe. That was quite the experience, haha... The food was reaaaaally cute, though.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well, we getting a gameplay demonstration at least!

Gameplay demo with Ichiban's and Kiryu's VAs next week!

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I can very well imagine that they're going to do something special for the 15th anniversary. The big question though: What will it be?

By the way, I'm back from Japan and walking through Kabukicho sure was a bit surreal, realizing that I know pretty much the layout of it, even though I've never been there before in real life. Some things are certainly different (not just shop locations or facilities like the batting center) and unfortunately there was some construction going on behind Theater Square, so it didn't really look that "cool", but it was still a great experience. Seeing "real life Shangri-La" was quite funny too, gave me that "ahh, that place..." moment. Sadly, I didn't see any giant traffic cones where a certain someone might be hiding underneath it, but I certainly saw a lot of hosts (they're easy to spot with their fancy hairstyles and clothes). The giant Godzilla head was awesome too, especially at night when they do this little show with the Godzilla theme playing and smoke coming out of the head that's supposed to be his atomic breath. I haven't had the time to go through my pictures just yet, but I'll make sure to share a few once I did. I didn't spent too much time in Kabukicho, because I still had so much else to explore. I went there in the afternoon and left once it got dark, but next time I definitely want to soak in the night life in it a bit more. Walking through Golden Gai was amazing too. I definitely want to try going for a drink there next time.

That being said: I did get asked once to come into a manzoku, the same stores you also see in the Yakuza games, where they will tell you about hostess clubs, boob bars etc. Just ignore them and you're good to go (unless you want to go that is). That's in general a pro trip when walking through the streets, where people try to give you stuff. In Shibuya I did get one of the energy drinks also featured in the Yakuza games for free (it's quite tasty!) but most of them, when they give you like flyers etc. they also try to drag you into their store, so just refuse or don't even make eye contact, unless you really want to go with them. Like I actually went "ah, whatever, let's experience a maid cafe, why not" but instead of searching for one on Googlemaps, I just made eye contact with one of the many maids in Akihabara. 5 minutes later I was in the cafe. That was quite the experience, haha... The food was reaaaaally cute, though.
I guess Shangri-La is English version's Togenkyo. The place where Ichi was born. You did Ryu ga Gotoku 7 Pilgrimage :)

y_5d760299b6aa1.jpg

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Currently in chapter 11 of Kiwami 2 and the only minigame i hate is the Clan Creator. I was sure it was a tower defence mini game but it's not really that. I really dont like it and i wonder if i should continue to endure doing it if there is a story because i love majima or just drop it

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Shangri-La is English version's Togenkyo. The place where Ichi was born. You did Ryu ga Gotoku 7 Pilgrimage :)

y_5d760299b6aa1.jpg

Yep, that's the place! I actually forgot that Ichiban was born there. But when I saw it, I had to think about the Majima fight in 1 in it. And of course the portion in Yakuza 6.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Started playing Yakuza Kiwami 2 yesterday and kept on playing non-stop till I reached Chapter 4. Have already collected 38/50 Sotenbori locker keys and must have finished close to half a dozen side stories. The arrogance with which the street thugs/yakuza approach Kiryu and get their a** handed over next minute...it never gets old. This is my 3rd Yakuza game and everytime when I pick up the next game in the series and have spent few hours playing, I'm like - "This is awesome. I am definetely going to 100% this one"....but then get burn out by the time my completion rate reaches around 40-45%.(Have always finished the main story though). So, I take a good 6-8 months gap in between games and then Kamurocho streets feel like coming back home during semester break :) Not sure why I missed this series earlier as I always find these games such a joy to play. I absolutely despise Ubisoft's cookie-cutter open world games but somehow get obsessed(again and again) doing mundane things in Yakuza games...eat at every restaurant, kill 100/200/500 enemies using a/b/c style, collect x no of cards, y no of keys, z no of weapons etc. I guess I can call them my guilty pleasure games :) With 7 more games(including Judgement and FoTNS) yet to play, I am set for the next 3-4 years :)

Reached Chapter 11 and the main campaign is the weakest compared to the previous games. In Y0 and Y1, the game made me care for the characters, story is more personal and the stakes were higher. Nothing like that with Y2.
- Only character I would have cared for i.e Haruka, has been sent away in the beginning.
- Side stories have better NPCs than Daigo Dojima whom I've to save.
- Similarly, for a person whose face is pasted on the steelbook, Ryuji Goda got very little screen time. I found Kuze from Y0 wayyyy more interesting than him.
- Sayama and Kiryu are good together. However, on her own she is not that memorable.

Guess I've overhyped myself seeing many calling it among the best Yakuza games.
Side stories are good though, most of them having multiple layers and as crazy as ever(Be my baby, in the name of art :p). Really liking the Cabaret Grand Prix and Majima construction side stories too. Will be spending many more hours there and then there is Majima saga still left to play. So, despite of the weak(IMO) main plot, its still a solid entry in the franchise.Also on seeing so many references of Y0 and Y1, I'm glad that I've waited and dint go for Y6 first, which I was planning to do earlier.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Come back when you've finished chapter 13 (or was it 12, or 14... I forget) because I'd be interested in seeing what your opinion on that chapter (you'll know the one) is. And as for baddies being absent most of the game, you should see how much Nishiki gets in Yakuza 1 before Kiwami came along, its insane how its basically absent for 95% of the game also.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Come back when you've finished chapter 13 (or was it 12, or 14... I forget) because I'd be interested in seeing what your opinion on that chapter (you'll know the one) is. And as for baddies being absent most of the game, you should see how much Nishiki gets in Yakuza 1 before Kiwami came along, its insane how its basically absent for 95% of the game also.
Lol...made my post a day too early :) It was the very next chapter...chapter 12.

And regarding Nishiki in Y1, iirc he regularly appeared in cutscenes through out the game. Initially I was confused why is he behaving like that but then the future chapters showed his gradual descent to madness. I am taking about Y1 Kiwami though, never played the original.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Lol...made my post a day too early :) It was the very next chapter...chapter 12.

And regarding Nishiki in Y1, iirc he regularly appeared in cutscenes through out the game. Initially I was confused why is he behaving like that but then the future chapters showed his gradual descent to madness. I am taking about Y1 Kiwami though, never played the original.
See, I'm talking about Nishiki in Yakuza 1, not Kiwami 1. Almost all Nishiki's flashbacks from Kiwami 1 are brand new, the only one that isn't is the 90s flashback with Dojima getting shot. And even then they lengthened that chapter in Kiwami 1 to include that darn ring fetch quest for Yumi. Basically in Yakuza 1 you only see him around 3-4? times outside of the final fight, while Ryuuji gets a boss fight in the 3rd chapter of 2, and it feels like he pops up more often. But then again they are juggling about 3 different plot lines in 2, as you'll see in the finale so it made sense to me at least why Ryuuji didn't get more screen time than he did.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I need some sort of bonus item. Now that Ichiban is the main character it means he has a new tattoo so perfect for some new merch. I've got some nice Kiryu and Majima merch, just deciding on what I want to get for 7.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Finished Shenmue 3. Finally going to start the Yakuza 3 remaster. Should be pretty awesome to have the added content that was cut from the original, plus a new localisation.

I'm also interested to see how I feel about this game after running through it again. When I first went through the games, this was my favorite of the three mainline PS3 titles.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
More details from the latest vid:

Basically a ton of different character classes shown off including " Permanent Part-Timer, Hero, Homeless, Detective, Junior Mama, Bodyguard, Host, Idol, Contractor, Street Musician, Hostess, Dancer, Riot Police Officer, Dealer, Chef, Fortuneteller, Night Queen, and the paid downloadable content jobs Demon and Bosslady"

Seems that certain classes can also be used in the new overworld to open up secret areas (contractor shown smashing down a wood panelled wall to reveal a secret shop). The two paid DLC classes (member of KISS and Bosslady) are perhaps my two favourite classes, I'll certainly me throwing some money at Sega to get those, as they look awesome (also coincidentally look overpowered going by that demonstration, but I love the bosslady design so much, I must have it).

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Not a fan of locking two classes behind DLC to be honest. That being said: Kiss and Bosslady does look awesome. You got my wallet, Sega... In general I'm happy there are so many different jobs. The English release can't come soon enough.

Speaking of: I sadly didn't see a single Yakuza 7 advertisement in Japan when I was there. Only a pre-order box at a Bic Camera, that's it. I guess the big marketing push will be happening in January.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately with DLC becoming more prevalent lately, guess they are looking for more ways to moneise the series. Usually I'd be against buying it, as Im sure the game is plenty playable without the classes, but they look really fun... probably not helping by giving them more money but whatcha gonna do!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I already love her. She's got some awesome classes to use, so glad they gave us a female character to use in this game. Bosslady is still my preferred class for her though!

beezer

Nov 5, 2017
So, as I understand it from the thread, showcasing new classes, RGG7 will feature DLC. Do we already know what additional content will it provide, aside from two additional classes?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So, as I understand it from the thread, showcasing new classes, RGG7 will feature DLC. Do we already know what additional content will it provide, aside from two additional classes?
Nope. So far its just class DLC. There's also pre order DLC in Japan on a per store basis which includes one of several legacy costumes for Ichiban and co, based on Kiryu, Majima, Saejima etc.
There's also mention of Majima Construction gear for anyone who preorders the game digitally but I don't know what they are really for yet. I assume equippable gear for characters like other gear.
Going by Kiwami 2 and Judge Eyes, I could hazard a guess though - maybe DLC weapons/gear for characters, maybe some DLC karts of the go karting mini game (much like we got for the drone mini game in Judge Eyes)

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Each DLC just adds a new job class. RGG's dlc is always like additional charged item in F2P games. It's funny Nagoshi laughed
at the trend of dlc business before. But RGG studio started making dlc since 6 and they are now pursuing the worst type of dlc business model.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Each DLC just adds a new job class. RGG's dlc is always like additional charged item in F2P games. It's funny Nagoshi laughed
at the trend of dlc business before. But RGG studio started making dlc since 6 and they are now pursuing the worst type of dlc business model.
Unfortunately I saw it coming when 6 had DLC. They want that extra money... I'm kinda surprised they haven't confirmed full blown DLC characters yet for 7 (like legacy characters). Just watch that happen now!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
*in annoying advertisement speaker voice* "Hey, hey, hey, pay 9.99 to get the Dragon of Dojima in Yakuza 7. Tiger Knee Drop your enemies to oblivion with Kazuma Kiryu in your party. And if you really want to save money, get the Legacy Bundle for 19.99 including the legendary Yakuza himself, the unhinged lunatic Goro Majima and the bear punching Taiga Saejima. Yokohama won't be the same anymore."

I hope that won't be the case to be honest...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'd totally buy Kiryu for 7. Not for the main game, just for post game stuff. They better not do that because I'm not strong enough to not buy him.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think the push for DLC is coming from Sega? I don't mind aesthetic DLC, but charging for additional classes rubs me the wrong way.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, free Judgment with my Apex Legends starter pack... why on earth are those two bundled together? I'd never dream of touching Apex, seems so weird to bundle it with a niche Japanese Yakuza em up.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, free Judgment with my Apex Legends starter pack... why on earth are those two bundled together? I'd never dream of touching Apex, seems so weird to bundle it with a niche Japanese Yakuza em up.

Amazon is bundling a bunch of games with it now (even Final Fanatasy XIV). Don't know if they randomly selected a few though.

Nagoshi doesn't wear a suit but he also got a role as a member of the board of directors ;p
l_571f611790ae8.jpg

I know but I want to believe that he's not pushing for it bur rather just accepting it. I hope...

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I'm playing through Yakuza Kiwami and I really don't remember the combat being this frustrating in 0. Evading attacks feels a lot more awkward, every boss just blocks through everything or spam evades and it feels like I only actually get attacks in when they just randomly don't bother blocking/evading, and the healing is really annoying. I remember there was one challenging boss pretty early on in Yakuza 0 but it felt like it was just a matter of me learning to evade things. Every boss so far in this game is just sorta an annoying slog. Not really difficult (I haven't actually died or anything), but they take forever and don't feel very fun due to the absolutely excessive blocking and dodging.

Outside of that I'm enjoying the game. Substories are a lot of fun and are definitely the highlight so far. Just sucks I went from really digging the boss fights of Yakuza 0 to loathing them in this game. Mobs are still easy as ever, but man. I hope it clicks again for me soon. I'm probably just playing bad and not getting the openings I should be getting, but it's kinda annoying lol.

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
I'm playing through Yakuza Kiwami and I really don't remember the combat being this frustrating in 0. Evading attacks feels a lot more awkward, every boss just blocks through everything or spam evades and it feels like I only actually get attacks in when they just randomly don't bother blocking/evading, and the healing is really annoying. I remember there was one challenging boss pretty early on in Yakuza 0 but it felt like it was just a matter of me learning to evade things. Every boss so far in this game is just sorta an annoying slog. Not really difficult (I haven't actually died or anything), but they take forever and don't feel very fun due to the absolutely excessive blocking and dodging.

Outside of that I'm enjoying the game. Substories are a lot of fun and are definitely the highlight so far. Just sucks I went from really digging the boss fights of Yakuza 0 to loathing them in this game. Mobs are still easy as ever, but man. I hope it clicks again for me soon. I'm probably just playing bad and not getting the openings I should be getting, but it's kinda annoying lol.
Having finished YK 2 weeks ago, fighting Majima trivializes XP grinding in Kiwami since he's an XP pinata. The game blocks progress with his track until Chapter 8. Additionally, once you meet Komaki in Chapter 4 and learn Tiger Drop by around Chapter 6, the game goes from being a slog as you put it to a joke by the end of it. You'll be steamrolling through battles with ease.

If anything, grinding for money in 0 is annoying (although transferring money from Kiryu to Majima by way of the maxed out real estate business makes money less than an issue). Also, if you haven't done so already, unlock the passive stuff from Bob Utsomiya.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Having finished YK 2 weeks ago, fighting Majima trivializes XP grinding in Kiwami since he's an XP pinata. The game blocks progress with his track until Chapter 8. Additionally, once you meet Komaki in Chapter 4 and learn Tiger Drop by around Chapter 6, the game goes from being a slog as you put it to a joke by the end of it. You'll be steamrolling through battles with ease.

If anything, grinding for money in 0 is annoying (although transferring money from Kiryu to Majima by way of the maxed out real estate business makes money less than an issue). Also, if you haven't done so already, unlock the passive stuff from Bob Utsomiya.
I'll have to go do more of the Komaki training, then. I've been keeping up with Majima's encounters (maxed out the C rank bar and he disappeared) and Bob Utsomiya stuff. Majima is definitely the best source of XP so far. I get like 50 levels every time I beat him right now lol.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Majima is only in certain chapters. Rule of thumb is if he's hanging out by the entrance to Purgatory smoking you can't fight/find him in that chapter. If he's not there, he's hiding somewhere so check your phone for messages as to where he'll be.

And yeah, as with every Yakuza game ever, get the Tiger Drop, win the world. Its the most wonderfully powerful move in the entire series. Can't say I noticed a shift in combat from 0 to Kiwami though. It felt like more of the same, aside from the whole boss healing thing but there's a heat move or 4 to take care of that. Kiwami was my favourite game combat wise from the series for a while, as they actually made it hard again, and then it goes to too damn easy after that game all over again... really wish hard mode actually meant "hard", as I really want a challenge without using the charismatic photo/autograph/biography

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Famitsu mentions

The fan of the series might notice that Survive bar's bartender has the similar vibe/style/aura, I don't know the correct word for 人の雰囲気, with someone they know well. What do you think?
001.jpg

007.jpg

002.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I really love the detail in that bar, and yay some nice nighttime shots finally! I guess when I can't go to Shellac I'll just be going here instead!

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
This looks absolutely fantastic. I kinda wish the snack bar minigame with the dialogue trees etc from Yakuza 6 would return. That stuff was great. But I'm looking forward hanging out with the crew at this bar. Looks fantastic.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
This looks absolutely fantastic. I kinda wish the snack bar minigame with the dialogue trees etc from Yakuza 6 would return. That stuff was great. But I'm looking forward hanging out with the crew at this bar. Looks fantastic.
So, reading Gematsu (which is taking Famitsu's stuff and translating it):

One of the things you can do in the bar is "bond dramas". So there's still a chance that those might be like the snack stuff. Fingers crossed...

I do like that the bar lets you do several things, including listen to music (explains why you can get 0's disco songs in the demo), Karaoke etc. I like the idea that you have a central bar like New Serena, only this time you have more interactions with it.

Yakuza-7-Questions_12-19-19.jpg

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
That Survivor bar gives me major Shellac vibes. It's big, it's got the dim, classy lighting and it looks like it serves as the base of operation to shoot the breeze with party members. I missed the bar conversation mechanics in Judgment so I'm glad to see it's going to return in some capacity in Like A Dragon.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Being that I finally got around to playing Judgment, I figured I'd post some general impressions of the first chapter (which was quite long!) here.
  • It's so nice to be back in Kamurocho, and a more recent iteration of it (in terms of real world timeline), at that. With the exception of brand new locations (like bar Tender), I can intuitively know where I am and where I'm headed, without so much as a glance at the map. That's the Yakuza experience for you: after you've been a fan for a few games, you feel like a Kamurocho native, and it still feels super cozy returning to the same district, as it continues to grow and evolve, through the years.
  • I like that Yagami's office is located between Club SEGA and Kamuro Castle (aka the Honest Living Association from Yakuza 3). After Serena and Sky Finance had us returning to Tenkaichi St. time and time again in the earlier games, our base of operations is now located just off Nakamichi St., which is easily one of the most iconic streets in Yakuza (if not the most iconic). Cafe Alps and Don Quijote are just a short walk away!
  • I couldn't believe what I was seeing, but Kotobuki Drugs is gone! Apparently, it wasn't present in Yakuza 6 either, but for some reason I didn't notice, or I just forgot. It hurts seeing a location I came to depend on greatly just up and vanish like that... they were there for years, and it's where I would buy Staminan Royales by the dozen. I don't know where I can depend upon for my health drinks now.
  • The game is moving at an even slower pace than Yakuza games usually do, which I suppose fits the more procedural nature of a lawyer or detective's profession. It's not hooking me as quickly as, say, 0 or 2 did, but I'm intrigued by the narrative so far. The cast of characters in particular is quite impressive, all of them feeling more like real people than ever before. It's almost easy to forget that this is the same town where Majima was once hiding in manholes and under traffic cones to ambush Kiryu, because Judgment feels relatively grounded in comparison, and I really like it. So far, Kaito is the closest to being one of your "larger than life" characters in these games, him being the cool, hot-blooded former Tojo Clan yakuza we've come to expect and appreciate from the series.
  • I'm not a big fan of the gameplay so far. Combat feels slow and clunky, which is, sadly, consistent with how I feel about the other Dragon Engine entries as well. I do really like that Yagami can run at walls and attack off them, which adds a cool, previously unseen dynamic to street fights. Combat aside, the first-person searching game can be somewhat tedious (like when searching the office for the key at Kyorei HQ), and there is an over-reliance on lockpicking (about 6 locks in the building during the finale). I'm just gonna keep it going, and hope it eventually clicks in the areas that I feel are weak.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
More info on Yakuza 7:

Still reading it through at the moment, but hey we finally get solid confirmation on the cities in the game:

Ijincho (Yokohama) is the main city in the game, as we knew.

Kamurocho (Tokyo) will also feature in the game, we know already its part of the first two chapters (the flashback ones before Ichiban gets shot and dumped in Ijincho) but judging by the long story trailer we'll be back later in the game.

Sotenbori (Osaka) has been (re)confirmed to be in the game as well. Real question there is are they going to model the part and south street like 5 (and 0) include or not, as Kiwami 2 just took 2's map instead of 5's. I'm interested to see just to what extent this will feature in the plot since we already have two absolutely massive cities to explore. Maybe an end game segment since one of the big bads are the Omi after all (and this is their home turf).