• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

teruterubozu

Oct 28, 2017
Finished Cabaret Club championship in Kiwami 2. Loved it in Zero too. Such an addicting mini game. Not finding much reason to continue the game at this point. I'd love to see a full blown PSN title made out of it.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
After playing for about 40 hrs finished Yakuza 0. Loved the main campaign and the finale was superb. Finished around 60 side stories. An amazing game overall with these minor complaints -
- Last couple of chapters felt a bit dragged. Fighting Kuze 4 times??
- Wanted to do more sub-stories, so was running aimlessly through the town hoping to trigger one. Would have been great if there is a way to locate all the sub stories. Used youtube for a while to locate them, but then got bored and will watch them there itself. Also the novelty has worn off now.

Dint like the business and cabaret management mini games much. The main campaign however did enough to make a fan out of me and will definitely be playing all the games till Yakuza 6, but feel like taking a good 4-6 months break before playing the next game of the series.

The moment when Majima and Kiryu were finally face to face...got goosebumps :) BTW, about what incident, that happened in 1995, were they talking about near the end credits? Something that will happen in Kiwami?

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
The moment when Majima and Kiryu were finally face to face...got goosebumps :) BTW, about what incident, that happened in 1995, were they talking about near the end credits? Something that will happen in Kiwami?

Yup, it refers to something that happens in the opening of Yakuza 1 / Kiwami 1.

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
After playing for about 40 hrs finished Yakuza 0. Loved the main campaign and the finale was superb. Finished around 60 side stories. An amazing game overall with these minor complaints -
- Last couple of chapters felt a bit dragged. Fighting Kuze 4 times??
- Wanted to do more sub-stories, so was running aimlessly through the town hoping to trigger one. Would have been great if there is a way to locate all the sub stories. Used youtube for a while to locate them, but then got bored and will watch them there itself. Also the novelty has worn off now.

Dint like the business and cabaret management mini games much. The main campaign however did enough to make a fan out of me and will definitely be playing all the games till Yakuza 6, but feel like taking a good 4-6 months break before playing the next game of the series.

Thre is an item called Substory Finder, which basically let's you see which substories are active on the map, although I dont exactly remember how to get it for Majima, the one for Kiryu is one of the possible rewards you get by facing Mirachle Johnson in his Dance substory

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Yup, it refers to something that happens in the opening of Yakuza 1 / Kiwami 1.

Thre is an item called Substory Finder, which basically let's you see which substories are active on the map, although I dont exactly remember how to get it for Majima, the one for Kiryu is one of the possible rewards you get by facing Mirachle Johnson in his Dance substory
Ohh!! I did finish that sub-story, let me check, if I've received that item or not. I remember performing very bad when I faced him :( Thanks :)

l2iv6

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Kiwami is good fun, but I don't think it's gives nearly as great a first impression as Yakuza 0 does.

Still very cool though, if this is correct.

Edit: FotNS is out now, when are we going to get the release date for Kiwami PC?

hell yeah, this is going to be perfect for me, considering I just finished Yakuza 0 (first Yakuza game)

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017

The new Judge Eyes footage looks amazing. I can't wait to play it, really. What a shame my Japanese sucks...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It looks really good. I only skimmed it though as I didn't want to see all of chapter 1 before playing it for myself. On the bright side, the character interactions look fantastic, something the team does so damn well so I'm super sold on the game!

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Man, nothing sucks more than not being able to afford FOTNS at launch and now when i can afford it amazon doesn't got it in stock directly, only overpriced used copies from third party sellers. *sigh*

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Just got into the cabaret manager stuff in Kiwami 2. I'm hooked lol.
200w.gif

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I missed it but what was the resolution of Kiryu being framed in Yakuza 0. We knew who the killer was but I didn't catch anything about Kiryu being cleared of the charges of the murder.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I missed it but what was the resolution of Kiryu being framed in Yakuza 0. We knew who the killer was but I didn't catch anything about Kiryu being cleared of the charges of the murder.
Dojima took the fall for most of that. From what I understood he sold out Shibusawa and Kuze to the cops to get Kazama and Kiryu off the hook while Dojima himself lost a lot of power to Sera due to the whole empty lot business. At least, that's how I interpreted the ending.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So. You know how I always mention how Yakuza games are just too damn easy (yes, even Kiwami). Good news, the second PSP game is just what I'm looking for, where even one Yakuza random encounter (as in, fighting one guy) can be brutal. Dropped the difficulty to normal as I kinda take issue against some of the mechanics the game uses (mainly button mashing to get up, something the first PSP game forces you to loads as well). Basically you can get stunned pretty easily in this game, and knocked over, grabbed by the crowd, and get out of breath. Granted all that happens to the AI as well, but as opposed to Yakuza's mainline approach of just button bashing, this game actually forces you to fight smart. And I kinda really love that. Stamina is a thing that'll catch you out initially but I got used to it quick, just don't sway or button bash and you seem to be fine.
Some cool exclusive additions to this game are the use of awesome dodge slowdown moves - time a dodge just right and time will slow, letting you counter attack. And it rocks. You can also counter with back + circle but damn if it isn't hard to reliably pull off on a PSP. Can see me using it much, too risky.
Moves work similar to the first game, so no strings like the main game, but rather pressing a direction and attack lets you pull off one of several different moves, which can be strung into a combo. You can unlike loads of fighting styles so these all play differently and each have exclusive heat moves.

Now another new addition is battle damage in areas. So paper doors getting damaged, vending machines getting smashed etc. You do this by smashing or throwing enemies into select parts of the arenas. And you can then follow these up with environmental heat moves (requires no heat it seems) which is cool. I really love this approach, hope they can add more interactivity in areas with the dragon engine games with more context sensitive heat moves.

Story wise the game uses manga panels like the first game. Art and limited animation is beautiful (again, like the first game) and is a superior choice to using low quality FMV.

Load times are probably the biggest issue with the game. As its like Yakuza 1 and 2 for the PS2 (you lucky people starting the series on PS4 or even PS3 don't know the true horrors of random encounters in Yakuza!). You can part install the game onto the memory card but I don't have a card big enough.

Graphically its a mixed bag. Environments use mainly lower res pre rendered sections of the city with a static camera, some of these scenes look better than others, but the quality is understandable when you consider they cram a huge game with two cities onto one UMD. Performance feels like 60FPS! Very smooth indeed bar when transitioning from one part of the city to the next.

I'm still early in the game, so haven't started side stuff yet.

So far, bar some issues with mashy stuff I'm really impressed.

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
So. You know how I always mention how Yakuza games are just too damn easy (yes, even Kiwami). Good news, the second PSP game is just what I'm looking for, where even one Yakuza random encounter (as in, fighting one guy) can be brutal. Dropped the difficulty to normal as I kinda take issue against some of the mechanics the game uses (mainly button mashing to get up, something the first PSP game forces you to loads as well). Basically you can get stunned pretty easily in this game, and knocked over, grabbed by the crowd, and get out of breath. Granted all that happens to the AI as well, but as opposed to Yakuza's mainline approach of just button bashing, this game actually forces you to fight smart. And I kinda really love that. Stamina is a thing that'll catch you out initially but I got used to it quick, just don't sway or button bash and you seem to be fine.
Some cool exclusive additions to this game are the use of awesome dodge slowdown moves - time a dodge just right and time will slow, letting you counter attack. And it rocks. You can also counter with back + circle but damn if it isn't hard to reliably pull off on a PSP. Can see me using it much, too risky.
Moves work similar to the first game, so no strings like the main game, but rather pressing a direction and attack lets you pull off one of several different moves, which can be strung into a combo. You can unlike loads of fighting styles so these all play differently and each have exclusive heat moves.

Now another new addition is battle damage in areas. So paper doors getting damaged, vending machines getting smashed etc. You do this by smashing or throwing enemies into select parts of the arenas. And you can then follow these up with environmental heat moves (requires no heat it seems) which is cool. I really love this approach, hope they can add more interactivity in areas with the dragon engine games with more context sensitive heat moves.

Story wise the game uses manga panels like the first game. Art and limited animation is beautiful (again, like the first game) and is a superior choice to using low quality FMV.

Load times are probably the biggest issue with the game. As its like Yakuza 1 and 2 for the PS2 (you lucky people starting the series on PS4 or even PS3 don't know the true horrors of random encounters in Yakuza!). You can part install the game onto the memory card but I don't have a card big enough.

Graphically its a mixed bag. Environments use mainly lower res pre rendered sections of the city with a static camera, some of these scenes look better than others, but the quality is understandable when you consider they cram a huge game with two cities onto one UMD. Performance feels like 60FPS! Very smooth indeed bar when transitioning from one part of the city to the next.

Well combat beign harder is kind of expected since Koryuho use the modified version of the Def Jam Fight For New York/Aki Engine, which was made for , at most 6 person encounters since, ou know, wrestling games. Its such a shame they never got localized :(

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well combat beign harder is kind of expected since Koryuho use the modified version of the Def Jam Fight For New York/Aki Engine, which was made for , at most 6 person encounters since, ou know, wrestling games. Its such a shame they never got localized :(
Yeah, I played and enjoyed Def Jam Fight for NY but its still kinda funny to play a Yakuza game that has more of a focus on careful movement and select strikes and just not mashing square square triangle over and over. Its a really nice change to be honest. I love the environmental damage loads as well, the added layer of interactivity is awesome.

Anyway. Played another few hours of the game. Gotten a couple of my fighting styles nicely leveled, and met this games "Komaki" so I can further unlock more fighting stuff all while fighting Mokujin's for some reason. Also done a couple of mini games, basically, if you've played any other Yakuza game you know what to expect here. I'm still on chapter 2 though, so several things have still yet to unlock.

Kinda makes me sad that this and its predecessor are the only Yakuza handheld games (not counting the pint size Vita games which are essentially demos). It shows that the formula could easily translate to handhelds, still hope for a Switch Yakuza game some day.

Golnei

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda makes me sad that this and its predecessor are the only Yakuza handheld games (not counting the pint size Vita games which are essentially demos). It shows that the formula could easily translate to handhelds, still hope for a Switch Yakuza game some day.

If they hadn't been burned by the Wii U ports, it'd have been interesting to see them try to bring out a 0 port at the same time as the PC version mainly for the west, since it's a very different market from the one the Wii U ports failed in on a completely different console, and might help continue growing the series with people who might not have tried it on PS4 or PC. The progression curve of the series does lend itself well to a handheld, and the cabaret minigame in particular would have worked really well.

But after the failed experiment with the Wii U, it is probably easier to just continue focusing on the primary target of Sony consoles, especially since the Switch would most likely not be able to run the PS4-only games anyway - we should just be grateful the series even made it to PC.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
The Metacritic score for Yakuza Dead Souls is really bad. Is the game really that mediocre? I'm wondering if I want to spend 25$ for it.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
The Metacritic score for Yakuza Dead Souls is really bad. Is the game really that mediocre? I'm wondering if I want to spend 25$ for it.

that's too much! you should be able to find a copy for $15 pretty easily.

i only played like 2 hours of it, the gunplay was too bad for me, i should revisit though. i started it when i was really burned out of the series, having just beat 4 iirc. i would like to see the crazy zombie story, so i would probably play on easy to avoid the meh gameplay.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
If they hadn't been burned by the Wii U ports, it'd have been interesting to see them try to bring out a 0 port at the same time as the PC version mainly for the west, since it's a very different market from the one the Wii U ports failed in on a completely different console, and might help continue growing the series with people who might not have tried it on PS4 or PC. The progression curve of the series does lend itself well to a handheld, and the cabaret minigame in particular would have worked really well.

But after the failed experiment with the Wii U, it is probably easier to just continue focusing on the primary target of Sony consoles, especially since the Switch would most likely not be able to run the PS4-only games anyway - we should just be grateful the series even made it to PC.

Yeah, no way are the Dragon Engine games working on the Switch without severe cutbacks - enough to make them not worth porting. The older games would run perfectly fine though, and I agree about stuff like the club being great for handhelds. Also side stories, mini games (like Mahjong) would be so fun to play on the go like you can on the 2nd PSP game. I'd definitely not be against ports or sequels to Black Panther, or a new sub series targeted at the Switch audience. BP and Judge Eyes show there's plenty you can do with the series without Kiryu and the Yakuza taking center stage (while both still being parts of the story in JE and BP)

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, more time into Kurohyo 2. Chapter 2 seems to go on for quite a while, some good story development and more and more stuff opening up. Odd jobs have now opened up - if you recall in Yakuza 5/Ishin you could work as a Ramen chef. Its stuff like that here with jobs in the Ramen shop, Smile Burger, Asia club (as a bouncer), Shine hostess club (as a bouncer/catch?), Gellato shop, and a couple in Sotenbori I've not reached yet. These are fun little mini games that more importantly generate a nice amount of money, which you need for fighting upgrades and medical bills.

Also unlocked is the ranked matches. So other than the main story based Dragon Heat GP stuff, there's no arena in this game (that I'm aware). But you can compete in a ranked street fight GP, basically you get emails every once in a while to defend your title/rank up against more and more powerful opponents. Also, I've unlocked a side story that has me fighting enemies using certain fighting styles.
Oh, and the hidden collectables in this game are cats. Because Nagoshi loves cats (this is a fact: http://segabits.com/blog/2011/04/12/this-is-yakuza-director-toshihiro-nagoshis-cat/)

Thankfully cats, side stories and other points of interest are marked on the map from the get go. Auto save and save anywhere are also in (the game is actually ahead of several PS4 entries hilariously enough). Tempted to get a bigger memory card to do something about these load times.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
kuro isn't that expensive, mine was less than $40, i don't think that's too bad.

the shiro edition is the crazy expensive one, and i prefer the white color as well.

i'll settle for the black one for half the price though. anyways, time to wait a month for it, heh.

i bought yakuza 3 before it started going up in price, and saw a european version of Y3 for like $5 more when i was shopping that came with a soundtrack CD as well (i believe i paid $30), so i'm getting a nice lil euro collection unintentionally.

Last edited:

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
So I'm out of the loop.

Am I right that Project Judge takes place in the same setting as RGG? A Tojo Clan subsidiary is an antagonist in that game? Wow.

TheDeep1974

Oct 26, 2017
Currently playing Yakuza 0 - once I get the main story out of the way, can I go back into the game and finish off side stories and keep playing real estate business management, karaoke and all the other mini games? Thanks.

Side question: any news if/when Yakuza 3/4/5 remakes are coming out in the West?

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Currently playing Yakuza 0 - once I get the main story out of the way, can I go back into the game and finish off side stories and keep playing real estate business management, karaoke and all the other mini games? Thanks.

Side question: any news if/when Yakuza 3/4/5 remakes are coming out in the West?

Yes, all the yakuza games feature a post-game mode where you can do all the side stuff at your leisure.

No news on Yakuza 3/4/5, to clarify, they are simple remasters, not full on remakes.

Suikodan

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished Yakuza Kiwani and wondered if I should buy & play YK2 now (spoiler: yes and yes)

So I started YK2. Wow! So different yet so familiar. I'm still getting familiar with the new fighting system and XP/eat/bladder stuff but so far, I like it and it's so amazing to walk in there in first person. :D

The music is a bit too jazzy for my taste so far. I started with the upbeat tempos of Y0 and with YK1, the quality kinda went down...

And the most important, I can play it over Remote Play on Vita! (No L2/R2 controls needed)

Last edited:

Menthuss

Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to make this post for a while now since I've owned Y6 for quite some time but I never got around to it. I've put a decent amount of hours into and I just don't *get* the combat. I started 6 almost immediately after finishing the gem that was 0. I knew beforehand that it was going to be different since 6 ran on a completely new engine but I'm finding it's not really fun.
In the previous games, the brawling was always my favorite part. I loved getting into random fights and the addition of styles in 0 made it an absolute joy to play. Enter 6 and I'm greeted with what I can only describe as a severely gimped Kiryu. I'm annoyed with how small his moveset is in this and the fact the they brought over the dumb rage-mode from 5.

Am I missing something or is the combat just not as good as the previous games?

CandySTX

Mar 17, 2018
Scotland
Finished up Yakuza 0 last week. Downloaded Kiwami 1 and 2 almost directly afterwards.
After bouncing off the PS2 games and assuming they just weren't going to be for me, it looks like they've finally got their hooks in!

Really not much else to say, other than I'm so glad to have finally given the series a chance.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ok, more time into Kurohyo 2. Chapter 2 seems to go on for quite a while, some good story development and more and more stuff opening up. Odd jobs have now opened up - if you recall in Yakuza 5/Ishin you could work as a Ramen chef. Its stuff like that here with jobs in the Ramen shop, Smile Burger, Asia club (as a bouncer), Shine hostess club (as a bouncer/catch?), Gellato shop, and a couple in Sotenbori I've not reached yet. These are fun little mini games that more importantly generate a nice amount of money, which you need for fighting upgrades and medical bills.

Also unlocked is the ranked matches. So other than the main story based Dragon Heat GP stuff, there's no arena in this game (that I'm aware). But you can compete in a ranked street fight GP, basically you get emails every once in a while to defend your title/rank up against more and more powerful opponents. Also, I've unlocked a side story that has me fighting enemies using certain fighting styles.
Oh, and the hidden collectables in this game are cats. Because Nagoshi loves cats (this is a fact: http://segabits.com/blog/2011/04/12/this-is-yakuza-director-toshihiro-nagoshis-cat/)

Thankfully cats, side stories and other points of interest are marked on the map from the get go. Auto save and save anywhere are also in (the game is actually ahead of several PS4 entries hilariously enough). Tempted to get a bigger memory card to do something about these load times.

Thanks for your impressions!
Screens from the (incomplete) English patch for the first game (from http://khhsubs.tumblr.com)

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o4_500.png

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o1_500.png

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o3_500.png

tumblr_nkfbxlSvkE1rxupg0o8_500.png

tumblr_nkfbxlSvkE1rxupg0o9_500.png

On another note, i didn't know there were TV series based on the two PSP games

81dOCDJLizL._RI_SX380_.jpg

814WGbGhEjL._RI_SX380_.jpg

Very brief Kazuma Kiryu cameo (screenshot from http://khhsubs.tumblr.com)

tumblr_m5fxrfnx431rxupg0o1_500.png

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's pretty big regarding the Yakuza 6 news. Guess their efforts are paying off. Good for them :) And just as a reminder, that game launched 2-3 days before GOW!

Watching that second vid. I'd say the problem can be found directly attached to the PSP (aka, the user!). He's playing the game all wrong in that vid. I made the same mistake at first. The game is not your usual Yakuza game, you can't just toss combos out left and right and expect to win. Its a slowly more methodical game, dependant more on smaller, heavy hitting attacks. Like, in the vid you see him trying to grab enemies over and over when they are still standing, and your throw speed there is so slow, you gotta knock them off balance first (so they are on one knee) before even attempting that. Now I'm used to the combat, I'm loving it but it really was an eye opener when the first person you first can maul you. Also, Yakuza in this game are actually dangerous, random fights with them (you bump into them, they chase you down) are always high leveled and dangerous. Taking them on in chapter one, again is not something you should do else you'll be destroyed.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's so awesome! I wonder if the next step will be releasing the next Yakuza game worldwide on the same day. That would be so awesome.
From this thread.
Regarding simultaneous release (of Sega games)
There is one more key factor that explains the brisk sales overseas. Before a Japanese game is released overseas, it is localized into the language of each country and region. For example, Persona 5 has been translated into three languages (English, traditional Chinese, and Hangul). No matter if a game is popular in Japan, it is unlikely to win over fans around the world if the localization is insufficient. The Sega Group has localization studios that make a huge difference when games are sold overseas. Atlus became a member of Sega Group due to the transfer of business in 2013, which has a studio located in California, U.S.A. The studio understands both Japanese and American games very well, and is able to localize Japanese games in a way that accurately conveys the unique world views of Japanese titles to local gamers. The studio is able to maximize the entertainment value of localized games that reflect these unique world views, and this has led to very positive reviews from local gamers. During the product development stage, game content is shared with the localization team for translation before the development is finished, facilitating the rapid release of foreign language versions of the game. We will strengthen such collaboration further with the aim of simultaneously releasing games around the world, which is an objective of Road to 2020.

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for your impressions!
Screens from the (incomplete) English patch for the first game (from http://khhsubs.tumblr.com)

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o4_500.png

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o1_500.png

tumblr_nkdz3xs5F91rxupg0o3_500.png

tumblr_nkfbxlSvkE1rxupg0o8_500.png

tumblr_nkfbxlSvkE1rxupg0o9_500.png

On another note, i didn't know there were TV series based on the two PSP games

81dOCDJLizL._RI_SX380_.jpg

814WGbGhEjL._RI_SX380_.jpg

Very brief Kazuma Kiryu cameo (screenshot from http://khhsubs.tumblr.com)

tumblr_m5fxrfnx431rxupg0o1_500.png

Can't wait until this is finally complete.

Yakuza sales in the west are starting to surpass its sales in japan!

I still can't believe Yakuza is back and is being successful in the west!

What an amazing feeling.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EU PSN

Yakuza 4 -65% €6.99/£5.59
Yakuza 5 -70% €8.99/£7.99
Yakuza: Dead Souls -65% €6.99/£5.59

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, several more hours into Kurohyou 2 on the PSP today. Finally got round to beating the second boss, and because I'm used to the controls now, I trounced him!

Now that I've started chapter 3, the action has moved over to the familiar location of Sotenbori (and for those keeping score, 5's version of the map). Honestly the only thing I definitely dislike about this game is the camera. Using static camera angles makes it a) hard to find certain shortcuts/alleyways if you don't have maps committed to memory like I do and b) impossible to avoid combat (and since you have lengthy load times for random encounters, that sucks!). But its still only a minor gripe for the most part.

So while I work on side stories, ranked battles and the actual main story, I decided to actually try the mini games. So first up is the UFO Catcher, its the easiest its ever been I feel, as its very easy to grab toys and win them. Otherwise its the same as usual, only the medal for the UFO catcher (at least one of them) is for winning every toy in the machine in one go (just like the last game).

Next up is CoD. No, not that COD! Basically think House of the Dead but with Dead Souls assets and you scaling Osaka Castle as you blast away at them. Its basically an on rails shooting gallery, as the enemies you fight are not animated, but do move toward you at varying speeds. Basically aim for the head and watch for special boss enemies (again, enemies from Dead Souls). Weapon wise you can switch between four and you have an active reload system ala Gears of War. I really love this little mini game, a higher production version of this would be amazing (oh, look what they put in Judge Eyes!)

Then I tried Golf. Its the driving range again, as opposed to the proper golf courses of the PS3 era games. Basically hit the targets, score points. Only tried the easiest difficulty so far, but it was fairly simple. Very fun, easier to get to grips with than in (Kiwami) 2.

Also, fan favourite Yakuza 0 character "The Obatarian" actually seems to originate from this game. Kinda. While the character models for NPCs in the city are super low quality, I spied the unmistakable build, sweater and haircut/appearance of The Obatarian in this game. Only difference is that she has brunette hair, not purple. That adds to the other guest spots some other classic RGG characters make in the series including:

Hanaya (story stuff for the first game), Majima (Karaoke song), Hana (Ramen shop in the first game), Akiyama (Hostess club guest in the first game, Ramen patron in the second game) and probably a couple I'm forgetting. I see some mention in the guide to Yuya for starters.

JordianKnot

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Kiwami 2. Oh man, that was so good! I think it's currently tied neck and neck with Zero as my favorite. I think overall it's a better game, but I think the story in Zero JUST beats it out.

I've been hooked ever since playing Zero last year. Immediately followed it up with Kiwami 1 and now just wrapped the second. I actually played a little bit of 6 before Kiwami 2 but decided to hold off on the rest.

Now I'm trying to decide the best way to continue the series. Should I sub to PSNow and played 3, 4, 5? Or should I watch the events on YouTube and jump into 6?