• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Larsa

Oct 25, 2017

Yakuza 6 is a weird and good game and I'm very curious about how it will be received here.

Kiwami 2 is so close.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Hey there! New to this topic. I went through Yakuza 0 this year, was my first game in the series and absolutely loved it. I'm about halfway through Kiwami atm and really digging it! No arcade games has me trippin' tho, where my OutRun at?

mwne

Oct 25, 2017
Just checking in. Appreciate the hard work by SoS and the others, you guys are great.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2 will be such a step up from Kiwami 1 it's not even funny. I sure watched a lot of Y6 streams but i have no clue what's going on with the story so i got surprises waiting for me. Props to the localization team having nothing but Yakuza on their mind for the last 2 years. The callbacks are only getting realer from now on.

_Ryo_

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I should finish Kiwami soon. I don't even know why I stopped. I was on the last chapter.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
tumblr_ov9z7dfzzJ1w8qe1so1_500.gif

I'll just wait here for Yakuza 6.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
everytime i hear that yakuza 6 theme song i can't help but think how perfect it would be in yakuza 0.

imagine that song starts playing during the ending montages. it would be so amazing, especially since it has 80s music vibes as well.

i'm about 20 hours into yakuza 5 right now. character switching is terrible, i absolutely hate restarting and having to rebuild. Zero with two characters was the perfect balance, you can go more in depth with their story since it's only two characters, and it's not overwhelming.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Very glad to see you all here.

If you are reading this through Yakuza discord and couldn't get in the site during that initial phase, I'm very sorry. I hope you guys register normally and join us here because y'all are the best gaming community that anyone can ask for.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Hey YakuzaERA! Thanks again for the invite and helping me get into the series with Yakuza 0.

I'm too excited for Kiwami 2 to head to the States!

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
I need to finish Y5 and get Y0 done before Y6. Also, play Yakuza Dead Souls just for completion sake.

Narumi

Oct 25, 2017
Hi all!

I used a different avatar elsewhere.

Anyway, can we get the "Yakuza Supporter" banner going again?

At the very least send me the banner strip so I can do I at home or tomorrow.

Pleasure to meet y'all once more.

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Glad to see this community back, reminds me I gotta finish Majima's cabaret side story in 0.

hermit

Oct 25, 2017
This forum needs a way to get back to front page at the bottom of a thread. Here I am having to scroll up like a sucker

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Thank you for having me in the Yakuza Discord, everyone! I picked up both Zero and Kiwami this year and will finally crack Zero open and start playing!

Edit: I've never played Yakuza before so this should be interesting!

Narumi

Oct 25, 2017
A stray thought : If Yakuza were to receive a 13 episode anime adaptation, what do you want them to adapt?

Personally I wanna see the Pocket Circuit arc (up to Kiwami) adapted into a battle anime with melodrama, fist-pumping action and humour!

(Was watching Two Car recently and man the announcer reminded me of Pocket Circuit Fighter)

Shibi

Oct 25, 2017
As a Yakuza Fan since the beginning, its great to see the community here. Now I just hope Gio keeps with tradition and announces Kiwami 2 at PSX

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Bought 0 back in June and instantly fell in love. Kiwami was pretty good as a slightly reworked update of an older title, and Kiwami 2 looks fantastic.

I finally picked up a PS3 about a month ago, so at some point between now and March I plan on marathoning 3-5 to catch up.