• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
That'd be so amazing!

Well it is another of Nagoshi's games so it seems plausible I think. I'd love for them to go all out and port Daytona 2 for the first time on a console, that'd rock (I've only played the game in an arcade a couple of times, loved it). Either that or chuck Super Monkey Ball in the arcade. Again, another game by the team and I've collected so many Ai Ai toys via the cranes that I think its finally time to let me play the game proper in Yakuza!

Frunkle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished chapter 11 in y3.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I watched the Beast in the East feature on Giant Bomb so I went straight into Kiwami without having actually played 0. I'm 30 hours into Kiwami and only on chapter 8, I never expected to get this drawn into a game that I never really cared about before but here I am. I went ahead and got 0 but I think I'm going to play Assassin's Creed: Origins before I get to it purely because that's a lot of Yakuza to play at once.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished chapter 11 in y3.

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Ah. That bit. Amazing (yet sad) chapter. I know 3 can be polorising in parts but that chapter is pretty much one of my favourite chapters in the entire series, heck any game series.

Anyway, been playing Kiwami 2 more. Actually getting on with the story now rather than getting distracted by side stuff. I'm up to chapter 12 now which is possibly my favourite chapter in the game, as the next thing I do is
go to Osaka castle, which somehow transforms into a giant gold? castle and you fight two really evil tigers. Yeah, the game throws realism out the window for a few moments and its awesome!

Speaking of side stuff in the series, I've been browsing over the side story lists of the two games, and its interesting to see the ones that were removed from Kiwami 2... I'd guess they removed around 10?-15? (if that) which are mainly either really basic short ones (basically ones where you go to a place, get in a fight, and the story is over) to a couple that were tied to mini games not in the game (YF6, Bowling). However to compensate they've included a few fantastic new side stories, that are usually heavier on the story or humour and are in my opinion more memorable (basically most involve great dialogue, rather than just simply fighting someone). The only story I'll really miss from 2 is the Club Adam side story, that was excellent. Though I don't miss the Marionette Club Management side story, since the Four Shine club story that replaces it is just way more fun to play (and likewise, the hostess stories there are more entertaining than the original hostess stories from 2).

Only other thing I didn't like so far in Kiwami 2 was the music switch in chapter 12. The song used to replace the Crazy Ken Band just doesn't sound as good. No two ways about it. Still a great scene, just not a great music choice. Hilariously enough, if the song gets cut from the English release (and it almost certainly will) we might well end up with a better piece of music than the Japanese version of Kiwami 2.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat Y4. Really enjoyed it overall, even if the main plot kind of tripped over itself at times. After doing Kiryu in this game vs 0 and K...I'm really glad they ditched the style system in 6. Kiryu's an absolute monster in this game, stupidly fun to play as where I thought he was rather tanky in 0+k. I think the style system works better if you design a character around it rather than shoehorning an existing character into it, which is why I think in hindsight Majima was so much more fun to use in 0 than Kiryu was.

Onto 5!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Kiryu's hilariously powerful in 4. You get a ton of XP to use right at the beginning of his part, so he's amazing right from the get go. Loved his side stories as well, as most reference characters from Yakuza 1&2.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Noooooo they got rid of toggle minimap in y5 :'(

At least you still get street names when you turn it off completely unlike Y0. Weird that Y0 seems to be the only game I've played that had crappy no minimap implementation.

Edit: also it seems the game got a significant resolution bump over 4. Seems native 720p? 720p is nice on my 1440p monitor as the 4x downscale is 1:1, so that's a good bonus for me. Additional va work is nice too.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the dp, but man just came across something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. There's a question you have to answer for world history in one of the side quests as to who India fought in WW2. Germany is the right answer of the options, but Kiryu goes on and mentions all the fronts India fought in other than in Asia vs Japan. Historical revisionism or am I just overthinking it?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Noooooo they got rid of toggle minimap in y5 :'(

At least you still get street names when you turn it off completely unlike Y0. Weird that Y0 seems to be the only game I've played that had crappy no minimap implementation.

Edit: also it seems the game got a significant resolution bump over 4. Seems native 720p? 720p is nice on my 1440p monitor as the 4x downscale is 1:1, so that's a good bonus for me. Additional va work is nice too.

I remember being told on the old forum that 5 is still sub HD apparently. It still got a significant bump from 3, 4 and DS though, as it looked 720p to me, the only stuff that stuck out of me in 5 was stuff like the water, and some texturing which was pretty bad. Hoping that an eventual remaster fixes these issues. Its funny revisiting Osaka in Kiwami 2 and seeing how much of a bump its gotten from 5 (or even 0) with it looking so much nicer just based on textures alone, ignoring the lighting etc. Now that I think about it, I can't imagine what a remake of 5 on the dragon engine would be like... hmm I kinda really want that now. It'd be all sorts of amazing.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Chapter 12 on Kiwami 2 done. I think it might be the most "out there" chapter in the entire series what with the
Osaka Castle splitting in two, to reveal the golden Osaka Castle aka Sengoku Family headquarters ending in a fight against two vicious tigerse!
. Amazing chapter though, also noticed that for that one chapter they go with a different set of enemy goons to fight, wish more of the big set pieces did that (variety is oh so nice in games like this). Also, the bosses had fairly low health, then again its probably for the best when you see how much damage they dish out!
One nice little touch with the Dragon Engine that I didn't really appreciate until now is that the game has no pauses in these big set piece battles - usually you'd have several load times as you transition from one area to the next, but especially in Kiwami 2 its just one huge level, no load times at all so it feels super seamless.

Honestly can't remember what happens next in the game story wise, only bits of the story I can still remember that haven't happened yet are
the finale (obviously), the big fight on the highway (can't wait for this one either) and the hilarious cutscene with Majima defusing bombs.
. I'll probably power on with the story this week and get it done this weekend, then I can do the rest of the side stuff at my own pace, still got plenty of that to finish...

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Sorry for the dp, but man just came across something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. There's a question you have to answer for world history in one of the side quests as to who India fought in WW2. Germany is the right answer of the options, but Kiryu goes on and mentions all the fronts India fought in other than in Asia vs Japan. Historical revisionism or am I just overthinking it?
This one?

You are overthinking it.

BTW, I found some Qs have been changed from the version I played. Japan history to World history and Engrish Q has been replaced with Latin as well.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, not surprised at the changes. I remember that side story being one that was mentioned at the time for being a reason why the game would never be translated due to the nature of the questions. Yet at the same time the comedy skit bits for Haruka made it into the English version unchanged at all!

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so I guess that question was a localized one? How strange, because those Indian Army battles in Asia are a pretty big deal. They also fought a bit in the ME as well, but those battles weren't as big as the fights in Europe/Africa/Asia fronts. The Malayan campaign in particular is pretty infamous, as well as the Burma campaign.

But that's ot lol...just rubbed me wrong considering the history of Japan not really having the best of records when it comes to remembering what went down in ww2.

Anyways back ot: I can't seem to get Kiryu to drive without getting a sudden acceleration hit. I'm using a ds4 if that means anything.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so I guess that question was a localized one? How strange, because those Indian Army battles in Asia are a pretty big deal. They also fought a bit in the ME as well, but those battles weren't as big as the fights in Europe/Africa/Asia fronts. The Malayan campaign in particular is pretty infamous, as well as the Burma campaign.

But that's ot lol...just rubbed me wrong considering the history of Japan not really having the best of records when it comes to remembering what went down in ww2.

Anyways back ot: I can't seem to get Kiryu to drive without getting a sudden acceleration hit. I'm using a ds4 if that means anything.

DS4 has problems with the taxi segment, everyone I've spoken to whose used them has the same problem. You'll need a DS3 I'm afraid :(

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DS4 has problems with the taxi segment, everyone I've spoken to whose used them has the same problem. You'll need a DS3 I'm afraid :(
Bah, was hoping that wasn't the case but figured it probably was. Does the ds4 not have analog functionality on the triggers when used on a PS3 or something? Just strange that it would cause issues just in that context. I really hate the og dualshock design, ugh. It was fine when I was a kid with the psx and ps2, but as an adult my hands are just too big to hold it properly. Diagnols suck on the dpad, convex sticks are annoying, stick placement is too close, laughable "triggers", etc...

The best thing Sony ever did for the PS3 was let you use a ds4 on it xD

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
I wish we had the opposite. I love the DS3, and wanna use it with the PS4 (in games that don't use the touchpad as anything but a giant Select button, obviously), but it's not officially supported. I have to use a crappy third-party adapter that frequently disconnects.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

I mean the q is abiut WW1

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, was hoping that wasn't the case but figured it probably was. Does the ds4 not have analog functionality on the triggers when used on a PS3 or something? Just strange that it would cause issues just in that context. I really hate the og dualshock design, ugh. It was fine when I was a kid with the psx and ps2, but as an adult my hands are just too big to hold it properly. Diagnols suck on the dpad, convex sticks are annoying, stick placement is too close, laughable "triggers", etc...

No idea on why the issue occurs on a DS4 I'm afraid :( I much prefer the DS4 as well, but I've never managed to find a way round this issue on Yakuza 5.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing 4 and wtf is with that spinning ballet shit, Majima!? I mean, I have enough drinks to survive the fight, but that move seems impossible to avoid.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y5 is seriously soooo good thus far. Really loving everything about it other than the encounter rate, which considering I got the hood that decreases it about as soon as I started the game it doesn't really bother me as much. The food boost system is really cool idea to get you to interact more with the restaurants, and the gameplay is the best in the series thus far. It keeps more of the crunch from 4 while adding enough depth to keep things fun. I also like the simplicity of the level up system. Sure it kind of sucks not being able to take what you want at any time, but vs the wheel in Y0 and K I vastly prefer this one because in hindsight browsing the wheel was annoying and rarely truly offered you much choice vs this system.

I also am enjoying the story more here vs 4. 4 while I loved the characters and the side story resulted in a ton of sometimes utterly hilariously bad asspulls to try and connect everything together. 5 with its simple (thus far) plot and Kiryu's isolation is a lot more somber and enjoyable. I'm only on 1-4 right now so that may change (and I expect it will given what I've heard about it), but thus far I can't help but really love it.

The biggest boon here over 4 is the added enviros. After 0, K, and 4 Kamurocho was starting to wear on me a bit. Finally getting some new areas to run across is really appreciated.

Overall I have high hopes for this one. I've heard it gets stupid in the end, but I guess I'll see lol

Playing 4 and wtf is with that spinning ballet shit, Majima!? I mean, I have enough drinks to survive the fight, but that move seems impossible to avoid.
Yeah IDK about that shit. I just ran away and sat in a corner with a charge move and waylaid him if I could. Only didn't get hit out of luck about 75/25 in favor of hit.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like obliterating Majima with a bicycle to ascend to SS rank...

God I love this series. I don't know why but whenever I hear that groan Majima (or any enemy really) makes after a heat action I crack up.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing like obliterating Majima with a bicycle to ascend to SS rank...

God I love this series. I don't know why but whenever I hear that groan Majima (or any enemy really) makes after a heat action I crack up.
My favorite thing about the heat actions is in Zero+K if you finish a fight with one getting the fading profile shot of the enemy's face in agony with their teeth busted out and face crunched was always so hilarious and satisfying.

Oct 25, 2017
My favorite thing about the heat actions is in Zero+K if you finish a fight with one getting the fading profile shot of the enemy's face in agony with their teeth busted out and face crunched was always so hilarious and satisfying.
Yes! Hilarious as well. Another is the suplex heat action and the person's arms are all weirdly bent.

Zero was great cause youd get those shots of Majimas insane face after the infamous knee to the chest move.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Y5 is seriously soooo good thus far. Really loving everything about it other than the encounter rate, which considering I got the hood that decreases it about as soon as I started the game it doesn't really bother me as much. The food boost system is really cool idea to get you to interact more with the restaurants, and the gameplay is the best in the series thus far. It keeps more of the crunch from 4 while adding enough depth to keep things fun. I also like the simplicity of the level up system. Sure it kind of sucks not being able to take what you want at any time, but vs the wheel in Y0 and K I vastly prefer this one because in hindsight browsing the wheel was annoying and rarely truly offered you much choice vs this system.

I also am enjoying the story more here vs 4. 4 while I loved the characters and the side story resulted in a ton of sometimes utterly hilariously bad asspulls to try and connect everything together. 5 with its simple (thus far) plot and Kiryu's isolation is a lot more somber and enjoyable. I'm only on 1-4 right now so that may change (and I expect it will given what I've heard about it), but thus far I can't help but really love it.

The biggest boon here over 4 is the added enviros. After 0, K, and 4 Kamurocho was starting to wear on me a bit. Finally getting some new areas to run across is really appreciated.

Overall I have high hopes for this one. I've heard it gets stupid in the end, but I guess I'll see lol

Yeah IDK about that shit. I just ran away and sat in a corner with a charge move and waylaid him if I could. Only didn't get hit out of luck about 75/25 in favor of hit.

Glad your enjoying 5 so much. It can be a bit of a divisive game within the community, I personally rate it as one of the best. The sheer variety of stuff available is amazing, and I loved many of the larger fights (Kiryu chapter 4 is still one of the best points in the series for me). And yeah, the new areas are really nice, I loved the areas you visit with Seijima (both the village and city), just a really nice change of atmosphere compared to what I was used to.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
5 is the ultimate form of RGG. I understand many fans don't like 5 because of its unfocused game structure. Luckily, I enjoyed all the side games from the taxi driver to the baseball player. And Shinada the most unique main character in the series.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
I did enjoy 5 a lot, even though it has some pacing problems here and there. I absolutely loved the Haruka chapter for example, especially how it provided some sort of "underground" look at the idol industry. The dancing minigame was tons of fun too. At some point I just got burned out by the game and had to stop playing it for a while close to the end of Shinada's part. But that was my personal fault, since I tried to do pretty much everything in the game. It is the biggest Yakuza game after all. That being said, my biggest complain is that there weren't enough taxi driver missions where you were actually driving the car and not just talk to the customers in a cutscene.

Magyscar

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, 5 is amazing. Personally loved the variety on offer. I think my fondness for the series pretty much grew with each entry from 1-5.

Got around to playing through Kiwami over the past week and enjoyed it. Been quite a number of years since I played the first game so it felt fairly fresh. Mostly just makes me want Kiwami 2 as I remember liking the second game a lot more.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Nice overview trailer. I'm wondering though: did they remove the webcam chat minigame for the English release or didn't they just want to feature it in the trailer?

Edit: I just checked the Yakuza 0 minigames trailer again and while the dating hotline minigame got featured, the video shop did not (although I guess you could argue that it's not really a minigame, after all there's no interacitivty, you just watch a video unlike the chat thingy in Yakuza 6, which seems like a bit like the telephone minigame in Yakuza 0).

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Nice overview trailer. I'm wondering though: did they remove the webcam chat minigame for the English release or didn't they just want to feature it in the trailer?

Edit: I just checked the Yakuza 0 minigames trailer again and while the dating hotline minigame got featured, the video shop did not (although I guess you could argue that it's not really a minigame, after all there's no interacitivty, you just watch a video unlike the chat thingy in Yakuza 6, which seems like a bit like the telephone minigame in Yakuza 0).

Not every mini game was shown in the trailer, so I wouldn't worry just yet (the snack bar was completely absent as well in the trailer, which is sorta criminal seeing as its probably one of the top 3 mini games in 6). Also, the gang creator mini game (arguably the biggest mini game in the game) is also completely absent, and they can't chop that out seeing as it crosses over into the main story at least twice. Also a couple of arcade games (Outrun and Fantasy Zone) are completely absent. Fairly certain there are a couple I'm forgetting as well, but its definitely not showing off everything.

5 is the ultimate form of RGG. I understand many fans don't like 5 because of its unfocused game structure. Luckily, I enjoyed all the side games from the taxi driver to the baseball player. And Shinada the most unique main character in the series.

Shinada is probably my favourite part of 5 character wise. Like you say he was so different compared to the other characters, I loved his supporting cast and major plot twist as well. I'd not be against getting a side story in the series with more like this.

Anyway, bit more Kiwami 2 progress. Got chapter 13 in the bag. The
battle on the flat bed trucks looked amazing in this, seeing Kiryu's jacket react to the wind was a really nice little touch, and I'd completely forgotten about the end of chapter fight as well.
. 3 chapters left now of the main story, I can't wait to do the end chapter but as always I'll be sad to finish it. Thankfully there is still more than enough side stuff and Majima to do once I'm done.

mudai

Oct 27, 2017
Not every mini game was shown in the trailer, so I wouldn't worry just yet (the snack bar was completely absent as well in the trailer, which is sorta criminal seeing as its probably one of the top 3 mini games in 6). Also, the gang creator mini game (arguably the biggest mini game in the game) is also completely absent, and they can't chop that out seeing as it crosses over into the main story at least twice. Also a couple of arcade games (Outrun and Fantasy Zone) are completely absent. Fairly certain there are a couple I'm forgetting as well, but its definitely not showing off everything.

Oh yeah, I completely forgot about clan management. But as somebody pointed out in the other thread, that minigame already got feature in a PlayStation blog post thankfully. I didn't even know about the snack bar mini game. That sounds funny! Mahjong also didn't get shown. They probably didn't want to pack every little side activity you can do into the trailer. Might've been overkill otherwise.

Last edited:

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
Remember when I said like a week ago that I was going to try to beat Yakuza 5 quickly? Yeah, that's not happening. I'm 45 hours in, and only just now did I get to Haruka's chapter, lol.
So far I think I like this game more than 4, but my one big complaint is that the enemy encounter rate is way too high (it's on the level of Skies of Arcadia's). I know you can walk slowly to avoid them, but they really needed to tone it down. Other than this, I'm enjoying Yakuza 5 very much.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about clan management. But as somebody pointed out in the other thread, that minigame already got feature in a PlayStation blog post thankfully. I didn't even know about the snack bar mini game. That sounds funny! Mahjong also didn't get shown. They probably didn't want to pack every little side activity you can do into the trailer. Might've been overkill otherwise.
Mahjong did get shown super quick, but it was just one of the victory animations so it was very much a "blink and you'll miss it" moment. Glad to hear that the live chat mini game is still in, its nothing worse than previous things put in the series, so I couldn't see it getting cut really.

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How often am I supposed to be sending cash to the orphanage? The game never really prompts me and with the online store thing I rarely bother stopping in an m store to do it. Ive just been at the start of every part going in and dumping 20k and calling it good.

Remember when I said like a week ago that I was going to try to beat Yakuza 5 quickly? Yeah, that's not happening. I'm 45 hours in, and only just now did I get to Haruka's chapter, lol.
So far I think I like this game more than 4, but my one big complaint is that the enemy encounter rate is way too high (it's on the level of Skies of Arcadia's). I know you can walk slowly to avoid them, but they really needed to tone it down. Other than this, I'm enjoying Yakuza 5 very much.
Yeah the encounter rate is bonkers lol

Several times I've had a fight, walk two steps and get bushwacked by the race car dudes, then have another encounter a few steps after that. I put up with it for a while but now just wear the hood now that I've gotten Kiryu leveled enough not to worry about anything. And yeah I totally believe that 45 hours count. I'm over 10 hours and not even done with Kiryu yet xD

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I just chucked money to the orphanage here and there. I go to the M Stores all the time though. You can probably just wait until the end of the game when you have tons of money should you still need to do it for the trophy (I assume its for the trophy) as you should have tons of money to spare by that stage.

Virtua King

Dec 29, 2017
How often am I supposed to be sending cash to the orphanage? The game never really prompts me and with the online store thing I rarely bother stopping in an m store to do it. Ive just been at the start of every part going in and dumping 20k and calling it good.

Yeah the encounter rate is bonkers lol

Several times I've had a fight, walk two steps and get bushwacked by the race car dudes, then have another encounter a few steps after that. I put up with it for a while but now just wear the hood now that I've gotten Kiryu leveled enough not to worry about anything. And yeah I totally believe that 45 hours count. I'm over 10 hours and not even done with Kiryu yet xD

I think you get a trophy for sending 5 million yen, otherwise there's no reason to send money back to Sunshine (sorry kids!).

Yeah, I also ended up using the hood when I hit the soft level cap with Kiryu, but when I got to Saejima, I had to put up with the exact situation you described over and over again. I don't understand what they were thinking to be honest...

Kiryu's part was amazing (especially the finale for chapter 4), and I loved everything about the taxi stuff. It's crazy to me how much there was to do, and then when I started Saejima's hunting contracts, I ended up doing everything for it too, lol. Haruka's idol work seems like it'll be a nice change of pace, so I'm looking forward to playing her part for what will probably be another dozen or so hours. People weren't joking about this being the biggest Yakuza game!

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of the cooler things about playing 4+5 is that all the mentions of Goda have got me pumped for K2. I really hope the wait isn't a long one :/

Does anyone think q1 2019 is a realistic window for getting the game in the west?

Deleted member 1067

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting Q4 2018 actually.
I think it'll be out by early 2019 at the latest. Maybe earlier to be honest.
Oh awesome! I was worried more that Sega wouldn't want to do a same calendar year release. It kinda made sense for K1 because that game was basically an expansion pack for 0 anyways. Isn't K2 much more fleshed out and basically a full Yakuza game ala 5 and 0? Getting two of them in one year would be amazing.

Also, what are the chances we get the Fist of the North Star game? It's probably my most anticipated game atm, would bawl if Sega didn't bring it over.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just an educated guess, but I suspect they could have Y6 ready for release last year and they decided to wait precisely because they already had released two games. I think it's in their best interest to "catch up" with the releases so having K2 out this year should be a priority for the team. Just speaking out of my ass here though.

I think Hokuto is a possibility and was surprised they even included it in that survey they made last year. I think it'd depend on wheter they want to prioritize Y7 over it or not, who knows what that survey told them about fan interest.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Oh awesome! I was worried more that Sega wouldn't want to do a same calendar year release. It kinda made sense for K1 because that game was basically an expansion pack for 0 anyways. Isn't K2 much more fleshed out and basically a full Yakuza game ala 5 and 0? Getting two of them in one year would be amazing.

Also, what are the chances we get the Fist of the North Star game? It's probably my most anticipated game atm, would bawl if Sega didn't bring it over.

Kiwami 2 is still a remake at heart. A more substantial remake than Kiwami 1 sure, but its not up to the level of a brand new game. It just feels more substantial than 6 in a couple of ways due to 6 having less content in a couple of areas than previous games due to the move to the new engine. There are little things here and there that makes it feel like a lower budget release - namely little things like Karaoke songs reused (as are the vids), the main two side story/mini games being upgrades of previous games as opposed to something 100% brand new - this applies to the gang creator and cabaret club manager. Though arguably the gang creator mode is notably improved over 6's in a few key ways (control, mission objective, difficulty) and the club stuff is just insanely fun (and those stories are helped by some great hostesses and returning characters that makes the entire thing a joy to play).
Though this game does have several new mini games - stuff like Virtual On, the photography, the toilet arcade mini game, golf (arguably as its modes are basically brand new over the original release) and a few I'm sure I'm forgetting at the moment! That is something that Kiwami never had, it lacked any new mini games (Majima doesn't count!) and the arcade in Kiwami 2 is had substantially more effort put into it than it did in Kiwami (where, to be honest it kinda sucked. Especially being stuffed between 0 and 6 both of which had amazing arcades).

Also, to Kiwami 2's credit they made a heck of a great arena. Way more fun than the last few games arenas, its the only one I've played that let me
fight Tigers/Lions, Majima, Komaki, NJPW characters and more all at once in an insane 8 fighter brawl!

As for FOTNS, I have absolutely no idea what Sega will do, I hope it;ll get brought over, though I'm not 100% sure it will.

Deleted member 2152

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spent an hour trying to beat the Majima fight in the batting cage in Kiwami, without healing items or weapons that fight is near impossible with Majima just dodging you and regenerating his health.

Game went from fun to frustrating in an instant.