• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
So sucker punch is releasing a samurai game on the ps4, and nioh was a success. Why did we not get Ishin again? ;)

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
this should be the next OT's subtitle
You are here!
GRnzkyL.gif

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
It was really enjoyable and also the first one i played. I had just gotten my PS3 so i needed some more games to play and i saw Y3 randomly sitting there, i wasn't even sure what i was getting myself into.

Thankfully, it was worth it and i've been playing new titles in the serie since then.

SpartanForce

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Don't skip 3. It has the best soundtrack (well, at least top 3) in the game along with an excellent antagonist and some genuinely moving story scenes in the back end of the game. Plus story wise it sets up a few plot points that are carried across the rest of the series.
lol no.
Y2> Y0> Y5> Y1/Kiwami > 3/4 on the soundtrack part. I guess Y3 wins because it has a regular OST, not great, but good, when 4 is terrible on that.

Y3, the game itself, it's terrible. I don't want to babysister children in a game about japanese mafia. Not even Mine saves this. 6/10 at best.

Y4 is amazing but would be better without ost being so bad on that part.

Y5, Y2, Y1, Y0 and from what I heard of the ost from Y6, have amazing rock tunes. Baba on Y5 has so many amazing boss tracks. "I believe in you" and "mutual fists".

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
in yakuza 5, can you just cheese the amons with warning signs like u could against the Komakis?

Edit: nvm, they were all extremely easy except for kiryus. I had to cheese him with the throw loop

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I really hate the mini-games In Yakuza. Why do I do this to myself? Just play the story and majority of side-characters. All that other jank is just jank.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
lol no.
Y2> Y0> Y5> Y1/Kiwami > 3/4 on the soundtrack part. I guess Y3 wins because it has a regular OST, not great, but good, when 4 is terrible on that.

Y3, the game itself, it's terrible. I don't want to babysister children in a game about japanese mafia. Not even Mine saves this. 6/10 at best.

Y4 is amazing but would be better without ost being so bad on that part.

Y5, Y2, Y1, Y0 and from what I heard of the ost from Y6, have amazing rock tunes. Baba on Y5 has so many amazing boss tracks. "I believe in you" and "mutual fists".

That's your opinion and all. But I don't agree with it :)
I liked the orphan sections, showed more of Kiryu's human and caring side and made the whole Okinawa side of the story more interesting, plus I loved the Okinawa gangsters.

I do agree about 4's soundtrack being on the weaker side though, not one I listen to much compared to the others. I really need to re-listen to 6 though, as I don't recall getting a rock vibe with it when I played the game, though there are several bosses that stick in my mind as having incredibly strong boss themes, so its definitely one that sticks in my head for being strong.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Yakuza 0, wow what an amazing game. Love the characters and story and music. Overall one of the best games I've played this year. Really wanted to do more of the side quests but really had to rush through since it's so long took me like 44 hours in the end.

So glad I gave this series another chance thanks to Huber from Easyallies. Previously played the original back when it came out on PS2 for maybe 10 hours but stopped for some reason. Probably going to get the Yakuza 1 remake in a couple of months now too.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Did she wear those clothes for 18 years?
Well her sweater looks a bit worn. I'm more curious how, bar maybe a couple more wrinkles she doesn't seem to have really aged in 18 odd years? Then again Kiryu began to age backwards in Yakuza 6 so maybe its something in the water...

It does look like you recruit her in a similar way to recruiting girls in 0. So maybe we'll get a few new side stories to take that into account?

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017
Got around to beating Yakuza 0 yesterday. I was at 99% completion with just the catfights, some weapons/gear to get and the final substory for each but I just couldn't be bothered anymore. Too many other games to play.

Might go back and finish it off before 6.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Well now this is a topic I'll be subscribing to! Long time fan, I've played all the localized ones and loved almost every bit of them up until Kiwami. When I say 'almost' I'm looking at you, Y3 chase battles. With Kiwami I've honestly started to get tired of some issues the series has since its inception (worst offender: no 'retry' option for minigames), but I'm still looking forward to Y6 and mostly Kiwami2, which could very well end up being my GOAT

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Well now this is a topic I'll be subscribing to! Long time fan, I've played all the localized ones and loved almost every bit of them up until Kiwami. When I say 'almost' I'm looking at you, Y3 chase battles. With Kiwami I've honestly started to get tired of some issues the series has since its inception (worst offender: no 'retry' option for minigames), but I'm still looking forward to Y6 and mostly Kiwami2, which could very well end up being my GOAT
Outrun could have used a retry/restart option during gameplay, just to get me out of a bad run! But its the climax challenge mode that really needed a retry option. No real need to kick you back to the menu on fail when chances are you'd want to retry anyway.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Oh you are in for an amazing experience. And he is easily one of the best characters in the entire series.

Him, Kiryu and Majima are my favorite Top 3

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Spent most of the evening grinding out Majima encounters in Kiwami. It was actually really fun, especially as I'd already gone through all of Komaki's training. Now I'm pretty much invincible! Only 40 hours on the clock as well with 77% done, so this looks like its going to be one of my quickest Yakuza 100%s which is a nice change. Should give me plenty of down time before Kiwami 2 arrives!

people

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza Zero €23,99 with Plus on Euro PSN (until 24/11)
Yakuza Kiwami €24,49 with Plus on Euro PSN (until 24/11)

Last edited:

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Would anyone watch a Let's Play of Kiwami 2? I'd have to capture card it as SEGA as bound to block streaming again.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
its so satisfying running through with the gold gun and destroying everyone in Y5. Am I able to get it with every character? Im going through part 1 right now with Kiryu, am I able to just go to a convenience store and get it with the next characters again?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So sucker punch is releasing a samurai game on the ps4, and nioh was a success. Why did we not get Ishin again? ;)
Because people don't like Samur-.......

Because people don't like Yakuz----.........

Because people didn't buy Way of the Samura..........

I got nothing.
also, less child prostitution in this one
LESS?

No wonder it's not getting localized, it's actually dialing it down.