• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Across the 1-2 minutes stamp, when the narrator explain the kind of people who raised Kasuga

Btw, I went from not giving a crap for the new protagonist to getting full on board with him in only 15 minutes
oh, at 0:57?

That's women who drink at bars and try to pick up men, either to scam them or steal from them or just for the hell of it.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Off topic, but what means mistress with bad livers? that sentence stuck in my mind
Someone who have problems with their livers. It's implying they are drinking a lot with their customers.

Bar mistresses in the series.
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm stuck in an "addiction loop" on Chapter 10 of Yakuza 0. Kiryu is supposed to head to leave for Sotenbori, but I'm addicted to grinding for real estate money while playing the mini games to pass time between payouts. lol I've been on Chapter 10 for days now.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I finished 6 and... man...

I'm okay with it at the end of the day, but goddamn, Kiryu made the most Kiryu-like decision in the entire series with that one. But I am 100% betting that in Shin Yakuza/Yakuza 7 or whatever, the Tojo Clan will still manage to fuck things up, and Kiryu will still come back to solve problems with his fists, even if he isn't the main character. I'm predicting that Ichiban will be the Apollo Justice to Kiryu's Phoenix Wright at the end of the day, especially since the team couldn't 100% stick with Kiryu actually dying.

I also kinda feel for Daigo, too. Kiryu has spent the entire series trying to run from his problems, but Daigo is trying to stick with things despite how Kiryu not only was the one who dragged him into this shit begin with, but Daigo is probably one of the longest running chairmen of the Tojo Clan despite the ridiculous amount of betrayals.

But I did play the Kiwami 2 demo and... yeah, this dude who I am assuming is the primary antagonist is pretty legit.
It's amazing how Kiryu can simultaneously be an amazing and yet a terrible father.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck in an "addiction loop" on Chapter 10 of Yakuza 0. Kiryu is supposed to head to leave for Sotenbori, but I'm addicted to grinding for real estate money while playing the mini games to pass time between payouts. lol I've been on Chapter 10 for days now.
That sounds normal to me ;) Seriously, Yakuza is that game where I could spend all game doing everything other than the main story, its partly because its that addictive, and because the side stuff is so well done on its own. Mahjong... why must you hold me in your vice grip!

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017

I pretty much make some story on my head why Kiryu is in such a big story moment and yet he's still spending all this time at Karaoke Mahjong or Hostess Clubs.
Right now im in a big chapter transition in Y6 and my head canon is that Kiryu is waiting for the cab and im just passing time doing activities before it arrives lol.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I pretty much make some story on my head why Kiryu is in such a big story moment and yet he's still spending all this time at Karaoke Mahjong or Hostess Clubs.
Right now im in a big chapter transition in Y6 and my head canon is that Kiryu is waiting for the cab and im just passing time doing activities before it arrives lol.
I used to be guilty of equating Yakuza with Shenmue, but if nothing else between the two games holds true, this does:

i-jMWw5Np.jpg

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yup. That comic is as true today as it was back in the day. I spend so much time playing Space Harrier every single time its in any game...

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be guilty of equating Yakuza with Shenmue, but if nothing else between the two games holds true, this does:

i-jMWw5Np.jpg

100% accurate comic.

Kuze: "Let's fight Kiryu!!!!!!!!"
Kiryu: "Give me like 1 week to first finish some Mahjong and Karaoke"
Kuze: *1 week later* "Are you ready yet?"
Kiryu: "Sorry now im doing some real estate and hostess bars"
Kuze: "Damn you Kiryuuuuuuuu"

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
I still need the swinging for the fences trophy in kiwami but i cant find where exactly slugger majima forces his way into a fight. I read somewhere the event should trigger not far from the park and pocket circuit. I found the spot and majima joins the fight but its not slugger majima. Does anyone know the correct spot?

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I still need the swinging for the fences trophy in kiwami but i cant find where exactly slugger majima forces his way into a fight. I read somewhere the event should trigger not far from the park and pocket circuit. I found the spot and majima joins the fight but its not slugger majima. Does anyone know the correct spot?

Been a while since I did that, but Reddit has a pretty good list:
https://www.reddit.com/r/yakuzagame...e_are_the_places_where_majima_forces_his_way/

Keep in mind that you might have to enter/exit nearby shops a few times to get the enemy to spawn to start the encounter.

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
Thx for the quick reply. I also found this reddit but couldnt get it to work no matter what i tried.
Oh well i ll try again tonight.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Darn, I wish I could remember exactly where I got him to spawn... Just going by what I remember (but not which Majima's they spawn) I know you can trigger a Majima to spawn by entering and exiting Club Sega on Theatre Square - The enemy should spawn around about the area where Mach Bowl and Debolah are (look around the general area). Another Majima spawns around Stardust. Enter/exit the convenience store on that street until Majima pops up. The other is located south of the Millennium Tower - just enter/exit Matsuya Beef Bowl until the enemy spawns. I forget where the fourth spawn point is, but I want to say Theatre Square has two different spawn points.

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
Thx your directions are way better then what i can find on the web, i ll try them all tonight.
Kinda strange i didnt trigger it before as i already finished the game and i am at 80pct completion.
Trophy isnt that rare either.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Its very random in nature. The one I had issues with triggering was the Majima from above trophy. Went the entire game without triggering it (which is like 60 hours for me!) and it just randomly triggered when I next started the game!

Lo squalo

Nov 25, 2017
I d like to plat kiwami because i really like it but that one haruka request to get 950 on otometal might be too much for me.
I already had trouble getting 900.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Its definitely a tough song to get down at first, but after a couple of attempts I got it. Then again, its nothing compared to some of the insane stunts DJMax pulls in terms of music games. Pool was another toughie for me as well, but I got hilariously lucky and got one good hit in to win the game. Yakuza 3 will be the test, mini game master trophy on that game is super tough.

if this include like the original ps2 games to perfect a baseball run ? skip it, no worth the time...

Nope. They made those requirements easier. Its not as evil as the PS2 version.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
In Yakuza 0 how do you counter or is it kind of just mash when hit? Also using money to invest you have to follow in order the paths right?
you need to unlock counters first before you can use them. You gotta use money to unlock the moves in 0 (and this gets way easier once you start the big side stories for both characters around chapters 5 and 7).

But for the counter moves - there are different ways of using them. Kiryu's default style has a counter move that requires you to hold the block button, and as the enemy hits you (its a big window, so its super easy to land) you press the triangle button. Its a great move to build heat and go on the offensive.

Majima has a counter move that's learned from Komeki fairly early on that has a smaller timing window - his counter requires you to hit the triangle button just as the enemy hits you. You'll counter their attack and deal nice damage. Keep an eye on heat requirements that are needed to use certain moves.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
I never really used the counter move in Y0 consistently because i found it kinda hard to do.
On the other hand Tiger Drop in Kiwami is completly broken, since is too easy and deals massive damage. I was destroying opponents in the colosseum in seconds (grinding for items) and final bosses were like nothing

I d like to plat kiwami because i really like it but that one haruka request to get 950 on otometal might be too much for me.
I already had trouble getting 900.

It get easier once you memorize the button presses, play it a couple more times.
I found the grind to get most of the weapons/armor to be a lot worse, but the absolute worst gotta be the "shooting in the highway" section in Legend (still missing that one).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Taiwan
Thanks! I get kind of cautious when it comes to skills in games so I usually hold out and don't spend them ^.^ which Iw ill probably end up doing.

Also bottle icon means yea drunk??

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I get kind of cautious when it comes to skills in games so I usually hold out and don't spend them ^.^ which Iw ill probably end up doing.

Also bottle icon means yea drunk??
Yeah, it means your drunk. In drunk "mode" you get some extra buffs that should be explained in the skills section (I honestly forget). I know Yakuza 3 had you gain a heat move or two only available when drunk.

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished Kiwami. Overall, I just saw it as an expansion to Y0. Nothing really blew me out of the water storywise and the substories were pretty lame (kiryu gets scammed again!) Majima everywhere had it's moments, but it was kind of a slog to grind.

Either way, I enjoyed it enough to see Kiryu's story start "proper" and I'm really excited for Kiwami 2.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Just finished Kiwami. Overall, I just saw it as an expansion to Y0. Nothing really blew me out of the water storywise and the substories were pretty lame (kiryu gets scammed again!) Majima everywhere had it's moments, but it was kind of a slog to grind.

Either way, I enjoyed it enough to see Kiryu's story start "proper" and I'm really excited for Kiwami 2.
Yakuza 1 is without a doubt the weakest of the series to me. Kiwami sadly stuck to the original a bit too much for my personal taste and ends up suffering from a lot of the same issues the original had.

Yakuza 2 as a game is just so much better. The jump in quality is comparable to the likes of Uncharted 1 -> Uncharted 2. And Kiwami 2 from all accounts seems to be a fantastic game so I have big expectations from that one!

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
only thing thats bad about playing the entire series before 2 is i know which characters appear in later games/which do not so i can avoid getting attached to any characters i know won't appear again

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2 has club sunshine so that's almost literally all I needed to hear.

I just hope the subquests are good.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Kiwami 2's side stories are great, even gets a few really good ones added exclusively to the remake. Only notable missing side story is the Club Adam stuff :(

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
So, started the journey with Yakuza 0 recently. Had an amazing time, and in one long sitting reached
Kuze
. Took a break and when I launched the game again..to my horror...there was no continue option. All the progress gone...such a buzzkill :( Now finding it hard to again play everything from start. Could be my fault, but I dont think, game ever told me to manually save the progress in those booths :(

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
The game does tell you to save. I think its not the clearest thing ever since many people miss it. I've been conditioned into learning to save often since every game uses the save format bar 6 (auto saves) and Kiwami 2 (save anywhere,but no order save for some bizarre reason). Ishin has save anywhere as well, and 0 PC lets you hack save anywhere into the game though it can cause problems.

Basically the game only prompts you to save at the ends of chapters and never anywhere else, so if you've not saved recently, never turn the game off!

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Not sure if anyone's aware, but there's a movie made in 1975 called The Yakuza starring Robert Mitchum. It was an interesting look at 1970s Japan. Kind of a boring film, but interesting for historical purposes if nothing else.

Velasco

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if anyone's aware, but there's a movie made in 1975 called The Yakuza starring Robert Mitchum. It was an interesting look at 1970s Japan. Kind of a boring film, but interesting for historical purposes if nothing else.
Watched it a few years ago.It was a decent movie.On another note, i was watching Sion Sono's Tokyo Vampire Hotel, and part of the first episode was filmed in Kabukicho.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Kyoudais, please forgive me.

I shall wait for Kiwami 2 on the PC instead of getting it on both PS4 and PC.

I hope you can spare my pinky.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
Don't like plugging other channels buuuuut...

go show this man some love and support!

Hopefully he'll be able to finish the story mode and in turn I'll be able to finally play it! :D

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Always great to see Ishin getting more love. And in related "not released in English news" I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Kenzan English patch turns out for the PS3 (looks like its almost finished). It'll be the next best thing to playing an official English release.