• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Yakuza Kiwami coming on Feb 19th to Steam! :)
Dxc_SuZUwAAbIUW

Last edited:

Metroidfan09

Jan 10, 2019
England
I'm sure its off topic here but I'm trying to get into the series and own Kiwami and 0, played the opening hours of kiwami and wonder if its the 'correct' way to do it?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
RG0BS1U.gif

Enjoy, PCfriends.

Bought 0 on Steam to support SEGA despite playing it on the PS4, dunno if I'll do the same with Kiwami but it's a good game.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
I hope they do the newer games too. I really want to play Kiwami 2 but not at 1440p with bad aliasing.

Oct 27, 2017
Hah, I was thinking when this was going to be released on PC few hours ago.

Will be there Day 1. Already beat it on PS4 but hey, gotta show love.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Not gonna buy it again, but nice. And if it happens to fall into my lap via Humble Monthly the way the PC version of Yakuza 0 did, I wouldn't complain.

What I really want to see is one of the Dragon Engine games make its way to PC... that'll be a sight to behold.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be curious to see how they handle sequental games after Kiwami.

Do they do Kiwami 2? Jump to 6? Wait for the 3/4/5 ports to be released Westside?

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to double dip. I want Sega to have as much of my money as they'll take in exchange for Yakuza games.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
you know someone is going to port the english voice acting from yakuza ps2 into this

hell yeah

HYPE

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
It's considerably worse than Yakuza 0 honestly. But on the bright side, that means Kiwami 2 is only a matter of time!

unpopular opinon, but as a whole i feel i enjoyed kiwami slightly more. especially from a gameplay perspective. I like the ability to switch styles mid combo (including Dragon of Dojima fighting style which you had to go in menu to switch to in 0), which i feel opens up the gameplay greatly.

edit: I'm guessing there's a mod for this (haven't checked), and kiryu being able to do infinite komaki tiger drops (without having to build up heat like in kiwami). If those mods exists then 0 is much better than kiwami, but from an unaltered game standpoint, i like kiwami slightly more (with nostalgia bias probably coming into play).

OP
OP
AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
So I didn't check the link that Wario64 provided. Is there something wrong with that site? Cause for some reason nothing is loading up for me.

It's just that people have been posting comments about the source link here so I'm curious.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
What I really want to see is one of the Dragon Engine games make its way to PC... that'll be a sight to behold.

I could see Sega of Japan blocking the Dragon Engine games due to not wanting the superior version only be avaible on PC (and this likely be unavaible to most Japanese gamers)

Fishook

Dec 20, 2017
I really enjoyed 0 as a newcomer to the series, it's a pity it is scheduled for realease in a busy period, and am I worried about burn out within the series. But if it's priced reasonably then it will be a instant purchase.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Gonna be curious to see how they handle sequental games after Kiwami.

Do they do Kiwami 2? Jump to 6? Wait for the 3/4/5 ports to be released Westside?

hmmm that's a tough one. I feel from a gameplay perspective, Kiwami 2 progressed after 6, but from a cohesion standpoint it may make more sense to release them all sequentially.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
So I didn't check the link that Wario64 provided. Is there something wrong with that site? Cause for some reason nothing is loading up for me.

It's just that people have been posting comments about the source link here so I'm curious.

It's an alternative to ResetERA that a bunch of people ran to because they don't like the moderation here.

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed 0 as a newcomer to the series, it's a pity it is scheduled for realease in a busy period, and am I worried about burn out within the series. But if it's priced reasonably then it will be a instant purchase.
Same. I honestly surprised how much I ended up liking 0 even if at the start it was excruciating and I ended up not paying for a month. I played Yakuza 1 so I rather wait for Kiwami 2 since I never played that far into Yakuza 2 but burnout is my only worry with regards to skipping Kiwami.