• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza-7-Famitsu_09-11-19_003.jpg

Yakuza-7-Famitsu_09-11-19_002.jpg

Yakuza-7-Famitsu_09-11-19_004.jpg

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also Famitsu scans are out and Kart Racing is exactly what I wanted it to be.

Yakuza's take on Mario Kart lol

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Scans pretty much confirmed what I expected about Pachislots - they are nicely detailed at least. Now are they fun to play? Who knows, but I do love the amount of detail RGGS put into this stuff. The karting stuff looks hilarious, should be an entertaining diversion. The movie stuff... looks like the sheep from Catherine managed to find more work and Ichiban is now being terrorised by them.

Glad to see GBH using his Kiwami 2 boxing gloves as well, though I suspect those are not regulation standard boxing gloves! Really looking forward to all the footage TGS will bring this week...

Nov 6, 2017
The kart racing is on the streets of Yokohama not Yokosuka, Gematsu fucked up the translation somehow and no one else is actually looking at the primary source (Yokohama and Yokosuka are entirely different cities and Yakuza 7 is set in Yokohama)

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Hmmm. I've played through Yakuza 3. Dare I start from 0 and work my way through kiwami and the upcoming remasters before this? Is that humanly possible even?!?

Sebalt

Oct 28, 2017
This entry looks batshit insane (gatling guns in a karting mini-game, ha ha). I love it.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm. I've played through Yakuza 3. Dare I start from 0 and work my way through kiwami and the upcoming remasters before this? Is that humanly possible even?!?

That's what I'm doing, though I'll probably play Like a Dragon when it comes out because I know I won't catch up by then, assuming it really is a clean break and won't spoil Yakuza 6 (I've played 3-5 plus Judgment, gonna replay em all)

I'm expecting the turn-based battles to be a reprieve in a way

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Rushing through the best part of 7 Yakuza games between now and whenever in 2020 Yakuza 7 launches doesn't seem like the soundest idea. Unless you strictly stick to the main story you'll inevitably be taking far over 20 hours per game, and to really get the most out of each game (i.e. getting all those later combat upgrades) your probably looking at double that at least, so that'd probably become a drag sooner or later. If you've not played 7+ Yakuza games now, why rush through them? I've got several replays in my backlog that I'd love to get done, but I'll do it super slow over the next few years instead, there's no need to play through so many in a short space of time especially when there's almost 0 linking this game to the last 7 main games (and Judgment) as of what has been shown so far, aside from the summon characters.

That's just my perspective, and especially if your planning on doing the side stories for all the Amon boss fights, its gonna take even longer. And that's assuming your not touching mini games, trophies and completion lists.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Yea, I don't think going through the whole series before Y7 is out is a good idea either.

You'll get huge series fatigue half way through the games that are already out, and most likely won't even touch Y7 because of that.

If you want a Yakuza game to keep you busy till Y7 then I'd recommend you doing Y0 and then Judgment. Doing most of the side stuff there should keep you busy until Y7 comes out in the west.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban likes video games right? Let him summon classic characters from Sega games as summons-
-Super Monkey Ball
-Shenmue
-Virtua Fighter
-Jet Set Radio
-Shinobi
-Streets of Rage

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Side activities soynd hype as hell and are what I wanted the game to have.
As for the combat, this will be the first game in the series I play on easy to get through it as fast as possible.

Hopefully Yakuza 8 brings back classic combat along with the new minigames/activities.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
Ichiban likes video games right? Let him summon classic characters from Sega games as summons-
-Super Monkey Ball
-Shenmue
-Virtua Fighter
-Jet Set Radio
-Shinobi
-Streets of Rage
That would be super fucking cool, but yeah, they had to get Dragon Quest's license (i guess?) from SquareEnix instead lol.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds goofy and good, count me in.

If anyone is wondering, Gonda Wara is a particular character that shows up in a side story of Yakuza 2/Kiwami 2. THAT side story ;)
Seeing GBH turn up is always a joy, I love the guy and hopefully his Japanese is just as bad as ever.

Pachislots is a bit of a meh announcement to be honest. Going through Yakuza 5 just now and its easily the least interesting mini game, though the detail on the machines is excellent at least, so that'll be cool.

Racing should be fun, between F Zero GX and Daytona I have faith that Nagoshi won't make a bad racer mini game. I mean, Taxi racing in 5 was amazing and I personally loved Drone Racing as well once you nailed the controls (as clearing the interior of the millenium tower flawlessly was an amazing experience, though darn hard to do in Drone Racing).

I really hope it would be just bad Japanese speech in 1, 2/Kiwami 2 and not that kind of awful acting in Kiwami 1.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I bet as you complete more side quests more summons will become available. They always try to tie in the side stuff in a gameplay way like that.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
They need to do Yakuza spin off in an alternate reality where all battles are dealt via kart racing.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
UGH... I really hope the new protag delivers or Im gonna be REALLY upset. He already doesnt look as charming as kiryu. Although... perhaps I need to stop comparing him to kiryu and treat him as his own (which he is). Living in the shadow of the K-man will make anyone look bad.

Man, I love kiryu.

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
Have they mentioned anything about localization?

I knew that they dubbed Judgement in english, but I was surprised that they also subbed it in multiple other languages.
I'm playing it in german right now, and it feels weird.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
Yakuza 7 at TGS streams coming up soon-

4Gamer @ 11:00 PM EST (in 8 minutes)-

Sega @ 12:30 AM EST-

ElMexiMerican

Oct 25, 2017
Traditional Movie Theater – Ichiban Kasuga always falls asleep in the middle of a movie. This is a button-pressing (rhythm game?) where Kasuga battles the temptation of a sheep man in order to overcome that sleepiness.

Leave it to Yakuza to make something like this.

Krvavi Abadas

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Videoland
Odd that one of the Pachislot games is just straight up Fist Of The Blue Sky.
5bf3d72d-8ba0-4666-9bfc-61baac1f043f.jpg

SEGA obviously still has the rights to make games based off the IP as a whole. But it's still pretty strange seeing it appear in a mainline Yakuza title.
The other Pachislots, while still existing in real-life. Are more generic titles.

Also the quote about how it's the "only PachiSlot simulator running on PlayStation 4." is hilarious when you remember the countless Pachislot simulators Sammy released on numerous platforms.

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather have Fist of the Blue Sky than the Bayo or Virtua FIghter ones...those would hurt me more to see.

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
This TGS stream looks really cool.
-Your party members follow you around the city.
-Battles don't seem to take much longer than the usual ones in the series.
-They've showed off status ailments, and special attacks (I hope someone clips them).
-Positioning matters. Your attacks will miss if there's an obstruction in the way.
-Enemy groups are visible. They'll get questions marks above their heads if you get close. You can turn and avoid them at this point as getting closer will initiate battle.

Last edited: