• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
I wonder if you having an RPG party means this is going to be more of an ensemble cast than a single-protagonist thing, or if it's just Ichiban being followed around by a team of random doofuses.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
It keeps sounding better & better, can't wait to summon crayfish

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Loved it. Plays like a true JRPG. Only disapointing thing was the co-op attacks, was expecting something more flashy. Fights can be slow if you only use normal attacks, or can end really fast with powerfull AOE attacks.
Curious to see all the moves, there was some funny stuff there.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Loved it. Plays like a true JRPG. Only disapointing thing was the co-op attacks, was expecting something more flashy. Fights can be slow if you only use normal attacks, or can end really fast with powerfull AOE attacks.
Curious to see all the moves, there was some funny stuff there.
oh you played it on tgs?
can you move around while in combat?

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
oh you played it on tgs?
can you move around while in combat?
Nop they just showed the combat gameplay live just now. Yes you can move around with the character from ur team that has the turn. The enemies are also moving around, but they only attack when its they turn, its a true turn based but its fast paced.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Im going to miss the brawler combat but I am thrilled the team is just doing something entirely different. Seems like they are testing the waters for future IPs which I am very much into.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
The kart game sounds amazing.
Kart racing is perfect for a more expanded Yakuza game. I've always thought that Bully was one of the closest comparables to the Yakuza series, so having some kart racing in Yakuza just brings the two games closer in my mind :D Fingers crossed for the long-shot possibility that you can unlock the kart and drive it around outside of the racing minigame.
That would be hilarious lol. Would be odd seeing GTA ragdolling citizens in Yakuza

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
Looked over the gameplay and now Im back to being not sure. Looks really slow and the turn order isnt clear at all. Really curious how this all turns out.

RNG

Oct 25, 2017
Man the combat is sooooooo slow and the encounter rate is the same too. The encounter rate wasn't a problem with the old system since the lowly thugs could job out to you in a matter of seconds, but now it seems like it'll take forever with this new system. They probably should have tried this new system out with Judgment instead. However, I'll probably still get this since I'm a sucker for this series.