• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm speaking from U.S, on the app I see those two options, but how would it be "buy it only immediately" if it's an option for preorder? Either way I would be waiting to have my item shipped yeah?

Yes. It's just that it sends you right to checkout with only that item instead of to the cart page.

"Buy" didn't mean "pay", sorry. I meant checking out.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
For UK peeps it's now up on ShopTo and Simplygames for £44

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. It's just that it sends you right to checkout with only that item instead of to the cart page.

"Buy" didn't mean "pay", sorry. I meant checking out.
No worries, thanks.

I'm kind of a sucker for physical games especially for my favorite series, so even though Yakuza 3 is already available digitally, I'ma wait till February to play them all

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Hi guys. Just a random question but if I like beat 'em ups will I like this series? I read the combat is similar to beat em ups but in 3D. Is this true? How deep is the combat?

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys. Just a random question but if I like beat 'em ups will I like this series? I read the combat is similar to beat em ups but in 3D. Is this true? How deep is the combat?
Several of the games in the series have playable demos on the PS Store. Yakuza Kiwami 2 has a demo, Yakuza 6 has a demo, and Judgement (unrelated spin off) has a demo.
In the case of Kiwami 2, it's mostly out of context (middle of 2nd chapter) and you won't understand it enough to spoil any story stuff. Yakuza 6's demo is the beginning of the game. In some countries there is a demo for Yakuza 0, the first chronological game in the series. If you have an account on the Hong Kong store for example, you can get it there.

I would recommend trying the game to see if you'd like it.

Dec 3, 2018
Up on Amazon UK now, but for 49.99.

Is shopto trustworthy? I put in a preorder there when they first went up but I usually just preorder stuff through Amazon so I was wondering if I should change where I'm ordering it.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Not incredibly deep but also not really shallow. Much like classic beat em ups it hits a well balanced middle ground.

I'd say you'll enjoy them but luckily for you, several Yakuza titles have demos available on PSN or, if you're on PC, Steam Refunds are available to you.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Up on Amazon UK now, but for 49.99.

Is shopto trustworthy? I put in a preorder there when they first went up but I usually just preorder stuff through Amazon so I was wondering if I should change where I'm ordering it.
HUKD said it's also available through Simply Games at the same price. I'd rather they had my money than Amazon or ShopTo.

Edit: Beaten way to it above but point still stands!

Dec 3, 2018
Also up on 365games for £42. I love that place, so definitely ordering it there.

Already out of stock on 365games!

So the consensus is that I should go with simplygames then? Never ordered from them either but if they're cheaper than amazon and more reliable than shopto I'll switch.

Edit: back in stock on 365games £42.99

Last edited:

denpanosekai

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like I'll be receiving my physical collection tomorrow!!! From a certain popular seller up here in Canada ;) A whole 5 days earlier...

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Just spoil it, others will post about it soon or it will just be a google search away.

Heh, k. It's really nothing important, just a fun thing:

B2XfXZYl.jpg

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I preordered this edition right when it became available, but let me say that I don't really like new Tanimura vs the old. Definitely keeping Y4 PS3.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Should be getting the limited edition on Tuesday! Probably won't replay these for a while, but for collection purposes I'm on board.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

The box itself is really thick (to accommodate the PS3 case) so it's gonna look pretty out of place on my shelf next to the rest of the slimline cases. At least the digi-pak is nicely designed. The promo material made it look to be a standard thickness. I really dislike when they promote the design of the package and it looks completely different when it arrives. The same happened with Dark Souls Trilogy. They should have just bundled the PS3 case separately.

819V8lYh%2BpL._AC_SL1500_.jpg