• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
Still have yet to open my Japanese releases. I don't have enough time, especially with the potential of the new title releasing in Japan this winter.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Wow, do you have a link ? I only found the Japanese version.
81K0HW0Wx1L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Kikujiro

Oct 27, 2017
You're right, it would be pointless. Just like including an empty plastic box.

Not it's not, it's a nice bonus for fans and I'm happy they made it. It's incredible how you have been so triggered by a free bonus made for fans, all you have been doing in this thread is bitching how it's pointless, maybe you don't know it, but the world doesn't revolve around you.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Might be posted already but currently nothing to announce when it comes to PC.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
Not it's not, it's a nice bonus for fans and I'm happy they made it. It's incredible how you have been so triggered by a free bonus made for fans, all you have been doing in this thread is bitching how it's pointless, maybe you don't know it, but the world doesn't revolve around you.
My dude, I just called it dumb.

EDIT: "but the world doesn't revolve around you"
What does this even mean? Are people only allowed to post on this forum if the world revolves around them?

Last edited:

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
It's the most bloated goddamn game ever made, I swear to god.
I was really hoping this remaster would trim SOME of the fat in 5, or at least let us skip certain sections *couch*hunting*cough* but it sounds like it's the original experience. I'm in no rush to go back to 5, that's for sure.

My dude, I just called it dumb.
No actually you called it "pointless" as in "there is no point to it" when they make it very clear the point is for physical collectors to fill the hole on their shelves. Is it "dumb?" Sure, it's a little silly. But brushing it off as "pointless" is pretty dismissive.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I was going to buy this but the physical collection looks too nice... and I own the rest physically...

convo

Oct 25, 2017
It makes sense that 5 gets its own blu-ray disc. It's the most bloated goddamn game ever made, I swear to god.
Y5 is too much video game by itself, 5 characters and five cities may sounded enticing at first but not when you wanted to complete all of it, then gravity starts multiplying in strength. You get a lot of video game for the money if that's all people care about.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
It'll be interesting to go from Kiwami 2 to PS3-era games, I don't mind graphics-wise but I hope the gameplay isn't too outdated.

Broooo but why though

your last game on PC was yakuza 2 I don't understaaaaaand

I'd be willing to bet that it'll still happen. Just not day to day, it could even be a year after, but eventually it WILL happen.

Arion

Oct 26, 2017
No actually you called it "pointless" as in "there is no point to it" when they make it very clear the point is for physical collectors to fill the hole on their shelves. Is it "dumb?" Sure, it's a little silly. But brushing it off as "pointless" is pretty dismissive.

I did call it dumb to begin with earlier in the thread. I think pointless and dumb are interchangeable but that's just getting into semantics. So what if I think it's dumb/pointless and dismissed the idea of giving out an empty plastic box? If you don't agree, then don't agree with it.

Last edited:

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get 3 downloaded? All doc included and cut content restored?

Yeah. Well, music wise the licensed music is still gone. I'm guessing there was nothing they could do about that which wasn't cost prohibitive. Pity as it means one scene loses out on some awesome music but its far from a game breaker. Going by the menu's and trophies I've checked, all cut content (mini games and activities, presumeably side stories as well) that was missing from the PS3 version is all present and correct here - this excludes the tiny amount of content removed from the PS4 release (AxA and 4 side stories). So 19 mini games, 119 side stories, all 10 hostesses and other activities are in. Which is awesome.

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
As a long time fan, this is beyond dumb:

- With the chance to have a complete collection of every game on a single console with a box for each game, they throw this remastered collection crap. So you'll have 0, 1, 2, REMASTERED COLLECTION and 6.
- Having 3 and 4 bundled together on a disc is nonsense. I bet the fans that are interested on the physical edition would like to have a disc for each game.

The case for Y5 is nice (it was my last digital purchase on ps3) but I can't believe they messed up with the PS4 physical releases on the last stretch.

I will buy them, don't get me wrong (and twice, digital and physical as I did with every release on ps4) but they robbed me of my dream of having a complete collection of every single game with the corresponding box with the best versions of each, on PS4.

I'm SO sad. At least the digital versions seem to be standalone...

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
It'll be interesting to go from Kiwami 2 to PS3-era games, I don't mind graphics-wise but I hope the gameplay isn't too outdated.
Honestly, in certain respects I think these remasters feel better gameplay-wise.

The Dragon engine looks nice, but it sometimes feels sluggish imo. These remasters are more akin to Yakuza 0 thanks to the 60 FPS performance. And the combat in these older games is more fast-paced, which I personally like.

edit: the updated localization should also help. The current team at SEGA that has translated the last few games is pretty amazing.

Last edited:

PARAdoja

Oct 27, 2017
They aren't. They're only available in a bundle in the west.

I'm not talking on the purchasable bundle, but that each game it's a standalone game. In other words, that you don't have to go the Remastered Collection app, then inside of it you select which Yakuza game to play.

I mean, otherwise you shouldn't be able to download Yakuza 3 by itself, right?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Might have to jump into this series now that I can play it all easily. Will wait for some decent sales first since I don't need to rush.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, in certain respects I think these remasters feel better gameplay-wise.

The Dragon engine looks nice, but it sometimes feels sluggish imo. These remasters are more akin to Yakuza 0 thanks to the 60 FPS performance. And the combat in these older games is more fast-paced, which I personally like.

edit: the updated localization should also help. The current team at SEGA that has translated the last few games is pretty amazing.

I kinda agree. I miss the physics based hilarity the DE games have, but the 60FPS gameplay + old engine combat is super slick, especially by the time 4 and 5 roll around and further refine things (Kiryu in 5 feels so good to control).

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Attention Euro Era.
The physical version is coming to Europe.

yakuza-remastered-collection.jpg
Oh thank god!!!

I just hope the inclusion of the Y5 amaray doesn't make the outer sleeve unecessarily bulky.

As a long time fan, this is beyond dumb:

- With the chance to have a complete collection of every game on a single console with a box for each game, they throw this remastered collection crap. So you'll have 0, 1, 2, REMASTERED COLLECTION and 6.
- Having 3 and 4 bundled together on a disc is nonsense. I bet the fans that are interested on the physical edition would like to have a disc for each game.

The case for Y5 is nice (it was my last digital purchase on ps3) but I can't believe they messed up with the PS4 physical releases on the last stretch.

I will buy them, don't get me wrong (and twice, digital and physical as I did with every release on ps4) but they robbed me of my dream of having a complete collection of every single game with the corresponding box with the best versions of each, on PS4.

I'm SO sad. At least the digital versions seem to be standalone...
I prefer less bulk on my shelves so this is the perfect deal for me, but I completely understand.

Last edited: