• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Lost my shit when i saw this, all I wanted, after all these I can finally play yakuza 6

LAM09

Oct 25, 2017
Attention Euro Era.
The physical version is coming to Europe.

yakuza-remastered-collection.jpg

I hope Amazon list it soon

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see them doing the same thing on steam with releasing the games staggered with a single season pass type purchase. Like, 3 is out on ps4 and then a month later comes out on steam. Hopefully they dont wait till after February to start steam.

Blackthorn

Oct 26, 2017
London
Never played a Yakuza game but have always been interested. Am I correct in thinking that once this releases the entire series will be available on PS4?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I think i'm most excited to be able to replay 5 in 60FPS and explore each of the 5 cities.On PS3, I pretty much did the story but nothing else.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Already own them all, but Ill buy the physical one when it comes out just to get a physical copy of 5 finally.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Waaaait... fuck. You really can't buy the digital versions separately?? That kills this for me, ugh.

I bought some of the PS2/PS3 reprints last year. Beat Yakuza 2 after beating the original a year or two prior, started 3 a while after that. Got a few chapters in, dropped it without meaning to for other stuff, meant to at least resume it just enough to get to a better stopping point, never did, aaaaand now it's somehow been a year. Been meaning to finally resume it this last couple months, still just never got around to it, and then this happened so I was kinda happy I actually hadn't. Was totally willing to buy 3 and restart it now, then also buy the physical for the others since there's no way I get to 4 by February.

Now it's all gonna wait till then... so I guess I can just jump straight to Judgement. I was already planning to do that next rather than wait, but I really wanted to get through 3 first. And I also have to hope I can even get the physical...

Pyccko

Oct 25, 2017
man, I still remember the day Yakuza 3 finally got announced for localization way back when after what seemed like forever, and it warms my heart that the series has gained such a dedicated following in the west since then. And of course I'm in day 1 for anything they put out until the end of time

VodkaFX

May 31, 2018
man, I still remember the day Yakuza 3 finally got announced for localization way back when after what seemed like forever, and it warms my heart that the series has gained such a dedicated following in the west since then. And of course I'm in day 1 for anything they put out until the end of time
Yeah back on the PS3 we had to wait ages for localisation. Very glad that the series picked up lots of new fans / popularity this generation.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I finished up 0 back in January (really enjoyed it) but decided to hold off on playing the remasters (though I already bought Kiwami 1 and 2) until they officially announced them all for the west.

Guess I have no excuse not to start Kiwami now (besides trying to finish off some other games on my backlog). Currently I've been split across PS4 and PC for the games (have 0 and Kiwami 2 on PC and Kiwami 1 on PS4). Think I'll wait till I wrap up Kiwami 2 before buying this collection just to see if it might be available on PC at that point as well. All in all, great news.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
I know the press release states it will be limited but is there anywhere that actually has it up for order yet?

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
Did anyone else nab it on VideoGamesPlus? It's the only website that has a pre-order available right now (for United States & Canada?), but I hear you have to do PayPal to keep your credit card safe, which sketches me out.

I just get a crappy feeling that Amazon will end up listing this at 3am or something knowing my luck.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah as much as I love Yakuza, I'm going to wait for this to go on sale. Would've bought them separately for $20 each, but no reason to immediately drop $60 on games I already own.

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm buying 0 the day a Steam port of this collection (and hopefully 6) is announced. Been intrigued by this series for a while, never owned a PlayStation.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else unable to find this in Australia?

EDIT: nvm, found it. I was searching for the games individually.

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Wait... shouldn't you be able to buy the physical version in advance and get the digital versions now?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else nab it on VideoGamesPlus? It's the only website that has a pre-order available right now (for United States & Canada?), but I hear you have to do PayPal to keep your credit card safe, which sketches me out.

I just get a crappy feeling that Amazon will end up listing this at 3am or something knowing my luck.

I did. I've bought from them many times (always using Paypal in recent years) and haven't had any issues.

VGP is such a stupid and unfortunate thing, because they're a totally legitimate store that gets in a bunch of rare releases and even commissions reprints (they got a bunch of DS games reprinted just before cart production shut down, for example) that also inexplicably refuses to do anything about their online storefront apparently leaking credit card info like a sieve. It's absolutely baffling and it's gone on so long that I kind of don't know what anyone can do about it.

Definitely wouldn't blame you if you decided to wait for a pre-order somewhere else, but I think you'll be fine as long as you use Paypal.

Sappharad

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if it's been posted yet, Amazon US placeholder page:

Waaaait... fuck. You really can't buy the digital versions separately?? That kills this for me, ugh.
Same, I wish I could just buy 3 digital right now for $20 and get the physical collection when it comes out.

I started the series with 4 on PS3 and have played+own all of the mainline series except 3. Since I have physical copies of all of the other PS4 games, I'll get the physical version of this just to have the complete collection but I'd rather buy 3 now and play it before the rush of new games that come out in fall.

chrisdm

Oct 27, 2017
Northeast United States
I did. I've bought from them many times (always using Paypal in recent years) and haven't had any issues.

VGP is such a stupid and unfortunate thing, because they're a totally legitimate store that gets in a bunch of rare releases and even commissions reprints (they got a bunch of DS games reprinted just before cart production shut down, for example) that also inexplicably refuses to do anything about their online storefront apparently leaking credit card info like a sieve. It's absolutely baffling and it's gone on so long that I kind of don't know what anyone can do about it.

Definitely wouldn't blame you if you decided to wait for a pre-order somewhere else, but I think you'll be fine as long as you use Paypal.

Thanks for writing this! I appreciate the heads up for sure. Might go for it with PayPal. How is their cancellation process though?