• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for writing this! I appreciate the heads up for sure. Might go for it with PayPal. How is their cancellation process though?

Pretty simple from what I remember. It's been a while since I've cancelled an order from them but it was drama free.

The only caveat here is that the last time I cancelled was from before I began using Paypal exclusively with them. I don't imagine it'd be difficult for them to refund your Paypal account and when I had to email them about an order screwup once they were pretty helpful, but I haven't had any direct experience with trying to cancel a Paypal order from VGP. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Poor xbox players. Always forgotten :(
They've spoke of Xbox in more recent interviews, but up until recently this was basically a series that only sold in Japan, and of course Xbox doesn't exactly set sales charts on fire over there... the series has gotten more popular since 0 but its still a pretty small following, and with there being so many games in the series now, it'd probably make more sense to maybe test the waters with the next Yakuza game going multiplatform for consoles - as its seen as a new step off point for the series - new protagonist and characters, new plot (though some stuff from 6 will certainly carry over). We'll have to wait and see...

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much. Even the Wii U got a Yakuza port (which sold horrendously).
Ah yes... it bombed so bad that it caused Sega to not bother porting the series again until the PC ports (which thankfully having been doing much better). Which is a pity, as Switch Yakuza ports... now that's something I'd buy (I mean, buy again, I've no idea how many times I've picked these games up now...)

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
I purchased 2 of the digital collections.

1 for me and 1 for my brother.

Anyone got a link for the a UK preorder for the physical version?

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
So excited for this. Anyone knows where to preorder the day one edition in Germany? Amazon says "temporarily out of stock". Anyways I'd rather not preorder there to avoid paying for something I wont get until next year.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I can't believe almost all of Yakuza games localized & available (for PS4 currently at least)...

Oh how far since I remember wishing, wanting, hoping, asking, begging SEGA to localized Yakuza 3 PS3.

They actually did, albeit with contents cut, lol.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Still not seeing any UK pre-orders up yet for the disc version.

I'd even go with Game if I had to.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
just wanna say thank you SEGA! for bringing the games to the west and thank you to fans for supporting the game financially
having all 7 mainline games in a such a short period is such a dream come true

yakuza.jpg

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a link for Amazon Germany product page? I was hoping for UK, but I can't find it on either.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Help me out YakuzaEra. I bought the steelbook editions of Yakuza Kiwami 1&2, and those are basically the first two games in the series, correct? So with these remasters, is there anything left? Will there be a steelbook Edition for this as well?

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
It's showing up on the app for me.

KcRgQ4C.jpg
Weird - it's there for me now - although a way down the list. And that's the exact search term I tried the first time. Thanks again.

Still not up on UK. And the official site doesn't even mention physical, regardless of which region I select.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
NrAsFGx.png

Is HL2B correct in saying Kiwami 1 + 2 are only about half the length of 0 each? I've finished 0 and own Kiwami 1 but haven't started it yet, I'd actually be more into diving in if it's not as much of a time commitment as 0 was (which was about 80 hours for me).

Time to catch up on the series and get to 3, I think.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NrAsFGx.png

Is HL2B correct in saying Kiwami 1 + 2 are only about half the length of 0 each? I've finished 0 and own Kiwami 1 but haven't started it yet, I'd actually be more into diving in if it's not as much of a time commitment as 0 was (which was about 80 hours for me).

Time to catch up on the series and get to 3, I think.
Kiwami 1 is definetly shorter. Kiwami 2 is longer than 1 but shorter than 0.

I would recommend playing them at their own pace though. Take breaks between each game and don't rush. Especially Kiwami 1 as the game would be much more frustrating if you don't try unlocking techniques and moves before doing some of the bosses (and trust me, Kiwami 1 has some really frustrating bosses).

Then again I am someone who replayed everything on PS4 (K1,K2, FOTNS, Y6) last year in a week or so but ended up wanting even more when I was done. But I am a veteran of the series so it wouldn't go as well with people playing them for the first time.

Jun 12, 2018
Gonna wait for that physical edition. I've been dying to play Yakuza 4 and 5, but couldn't be bothered to buy a PS3. Thank goodness this is coming to modern consoles

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
$60 for three massive games, with the high quality localization, is totally worth it.

I think I say this every Yakuza thread but the only problem I have is that I'm still finishing Kiwami 2, have yet to start Fist of the North Star, have yet to buy Judgment. I really like buying this collection right now though, just to show how much I appreciate it actually coming out.

Kyonashi

Oct 24, 2017
UK
Kiwami 1 is definetly shorter. Kiwami 2 is longer than 1 but shorter than 0.

I would recommend playing them at their own pace though. Take breaks between each game and don't rush. Especially Kiwami 1 as the game would be much more frustrating if you don't try unlocking techniques and moves before doing some of the bosses (and trust me, Kiwami 1 has some really frustrating bosses).

Then again I am someone who replayed everything on PS4 (K1,K2, FOTNS, Y6) last year in a week or so but ended up wanting even more when I was done. But I am a veteran of the series so it wouldn't go as well with people playing them for the first time.

I finished 0 in December 2017 so definitely had enough of a break to start Kiwami, I just struggle with committing to big 30+ hour games rather than more compact 8-10 hour experiences now. I could miss out on some of the side stories, but where's the fun in that...

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I finished 0 in December 2017 so definitely had enough of a break to start Kiwami, I just struggle with committing to big 30+ hour games rather than more compact 8-10 hour experiences now. I could miss out on some of the side stories, but where's the fun in that...
I would say start Kiwami 1 and play it, the sub stories are really short in Kiwami 1 and a few of them are good with the other ones being worse than the rest of the series. The sub stories became *good* starting from Yakuza 2.

So yeah, just do those you come across. I recommend doing the Majima Anywhere stuff as those are worth it.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Playing through Kiwami 2 and I continue to HATE the battle system.... maybe I just stop with this one after the GOTY zero and the just ok kiwami

SuzanoSho

Dec 25, 2017
So am I correct in assuming we won't be getting a Kiwami 3, 4, or 5? I probably missed this info somewhere...

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Playing through Kiwami 2 and I continue to HATE the battle system.... maybe I just stop with this one after the GOTY zero and the just ok kiwami
Yakuza 3 is much more closer to 0 while 4 and especially 5 are really similiar to 0 so if you want more of that then you will get that. No style change though. You will get multiple characters.
So am I correct in assuming we won't be getting a Kiwami 3, 4, or 5? I probably missed this info somewhere...
The reason we got Kiwami 1 and 2 was because they were really outdated and were only on PS2.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
No, remakes aren't coming and aren't really needed. Consider this - Yakuza 5 has 5 cities, of those 5 cities only Kamurocho can be completely reused, Sotenbori needs some pretty big additions as the map used in 2 is missing certain areas and 3 more cities are brand new. It'd be a nightmare to remake a game this size in the new engine especially with all the side content added. And the game itself still looks good and now actually runs really well thanks to the FPS boost. Ditto 4. 3 I guess I can see why some people would ask for a remake because the animations and character models have aged, but the environments still look pretty good in 1080p, and the combat is still pretty darn smooth (especially once you level up). The first two games were remade because they were on the oldest (PS2) engine and the team wanted something more in line with later games in terms of content etc.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza 3 is much more closer to 0 while 4 and especially 5 are really similiar to 0 so if you want more of that then you will get that. No style change though. You will get multiple

The problem for me is that I couldn't get into the fighting of ANY of the games. And what currently drives me nuts in the current game is that you end up all the time in situations where your character is eg not facing the boss and you get your ass handed to you.

Vash

Oct 28, 2017
*Does a happy dance*

Was hoping for a physical release in Europe, and I am so glad we're getting that. Yakuza 5 is the only one I don't have on physical media yet and it's a real shame they didn't want to do it. But dang, the way this series picked up in recent years is nothing short of amazing. As a first day Yakuza fan, I am so happy more and more people finally got around to checking out this crazy over the top series and especially friends of mine who finally get why I was talking so much about it.

And yes, I may have turned into that at points, but now they know why. XD