• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What kind of content was cut from 3 that is now back in?

Mainly various mini games and some sidestories, I believe? I forget the specifics from when I played some of the original version last year, but it didn't seem like "censorship" as much as it was seemingly just cutting stuff to make doing the localization easier?

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
it was a combination of rushing to get the localization out and SEGA feeling that the content wouldn't appeal with the Western audience (not trying to fully justify this act, but I could see what the intent--albeit misguided-- behind that considering Yakuza was selling really poorly in the West at the time).

Last edited:

Tryptobphan

Dec 22, 2017
Thanks for reminder everyone. I just placed my pre-order for the physical collection. I absolutely love Yakuza 5. I always wished Yakuza 5 came out on disc in America, but I was just happy to even play it digitally. It ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. So I hope everyone here will get another chance to play it.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France
Thanks for reminder everyone. I just placed my pre-order for the physical collection. I absolutely love Yakuza 5. I always wished Yakuza 5 came out on disc in America, but I was just happy to even play it digitally. It ended up being one of my favorite games of all time. So I hope everyone here will get another chance to play it.

The story was a bit thin, and stretched, but content-wise, it was one of the best (if not THE best) Yakuza games. So good.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I've sent a Tweet to a few UK sites. Game Collection say they'll hopefully have it they're just waiting for confirmation from the supplier.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
For those in Australia - JB HiFi has the physical edition preorders up for $79 AUD ($20 less than the digital price), and it comes with the PS3 case too

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Wooo! Pre-ordered at JB :D

Here's hoping they remaster Kenzan and Ishin next :D
Once again, remastering Ishin is the most pointless exercise Sega could ever do. Its already a great PS4 game, aside from remaking it from the ground up (which seeing as its only a couple of years old) would be pointless. Just localise the game and its perfect.

What kind of content was cut from 3 that is now back in?
Mahjong, Shogi, Number 1 hostess maker, all hostess clubs (they implemented a hilariously bad way of "dating" them from fast food places in the English PS3 version), Massage Parlour, 20+ side stories that were just randomly cut, some of which were pretty important as fast as side stuff go as three follow on from side stories in Yakuza 2, and another is followed on in Yakuza 4.

Then you have Answer X Answer, a few music tracks which are still cut from the Japanese/PS3 versions due to licensing and other reasons.

Then there's also some terrible localisation issues with the script, name changes, sentences that just aren't all that correct in terms of the original Japanese version etc. which are all fixed for this version.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
vjiQERx.jpg

nice ^^

Wait, what is Y6 Prologue? Something separate? I own Y6, but never launched it as I wanted to get through 4/5 first. Is Y6 prologue separate from the main Y6 game?

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what is Y6 Prologue? Something separate? I own Y6, but never launched it as I wanted to get through 4/5 first. Is Y6 prologue separate from the main Y6 game?
It's a demo of the prologue from the game.
it infamously gave people access to the entirety of Yakuza 6 before launch due to an error

Riesenfass

Oct 29, 2017
I'm stoked for this. Last year I finished 0 and Kiwami, have Kiwami 2 on the shelf waiting for me. With this and 6 I'll have all the mainline entries one one system. $60 for 3 games and some goodies seems totally reasonable to me. Thanks Sega!

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, any reason to play it before the full game? No exclusive stuff or bonuses?
Its the first chapter of the game. So no, no reason to play it. That said, there is a proto version of Yakuza 6 that isn't really in the main game, but that's only available if you purchased Kiwami 1 in Japan on release and redeemed the code. Basically day 1 fans in Japan could play the old tech demo of Yakuza 6 (the one with Kiryu's blue jacket) which has a unique scenario that isn't exactly included in the final game (that said, a good portion of the main characters are recycled into the main game anyway, as is a couple of portions of the demo into side stories). Still, its a cool thing to play.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
I mailed base.com about the physical version and they said it hadn't been confirmed physical for EU.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
And nowhere to be seen on Amazon UK... every damn time. Took them several months to list DMCV and RE2 last year as well.

Deleted member 53268

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 8, 2019
Do you think it is really necessary to pre-order now? There is a real risk to miss it before the actual release?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Its the first chapter of the game. So no, no reason to play it. That said, there is a proto version of Yakuza 6 that isn't really in the main game, but that's only available if you purchased Kiwami 1 in Japan on release and redeemed the code. Basically day 1 fans in Japan could play the old tech demo of Yakuza 6 (the one with Kiryu's blue jacket) which has a unique scenario that isn't exactly included in the final game (that said, a good portion of the main characters are recycled into the main game anyway, as is a couple of portions of the demo into side stories). Still, its a cool thing to play.

I really want to play this one day.
Kiryu even has a stylish costume unique to that demo if I recall. It's like an Ishin blue jacket.

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
what's the difference between preorder: add to cart and preorder now?

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
what's the difference between preorder: add to cart and preorder now?

On Amazon?

The first should just be putting it in your cart so you can buy multiple things as normal, and the second is just a quick way to buy only it immediately. Unless they've somehow changed it recently or something, that's all it is.

EDIT: though this is US fwiw; no idea what other regions have been doing with pre-orders lately

Last edited:

ValKiryuSonicEX

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Kenzan and Black Panther 1 & 2 are the only titles to not have a re-release or remaster...Dead Souls well, just play Kamuro of the Dead in Judgment.

Ishin only requires a localization as it was early PS4(/late PS3).

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Why do people keep saying Ishin needs to be remastered? IT DOES NOT! Its a PS4 game. It runs at 60FPS/1080p like every other old engine game on the PS4. It just needs to be translated. That's it. Maybe tweak some friendship stuff while your at it but remaster it? Why?
The only PS4 Yakuza game that needs remastering is 6, and that's just to make the game "complete" - as in - put the shit not in the game I want back into the game - all of Kamurocho, weapons, some more mini games maybe. Ishin is fine as is, it'd be the biggest waste of resources to remaster that game.

Anyway, 2 doesn't need remastering, that was already done on the PS3/Wii U (the HD collection with 1&2), then it was remade into Kiwami 2.

Kenzan will probably be remade, not remastered going by what RGGS said recently. I personally just want it remastered though.

The PSP games would probably be remade not remastered - they use the old static camera system for exploration, and could benefit from a full 3D world - the second game especially uses some really low res static images for some areas, it'd be a huge benefit having them change the way it looks, especially as certain smaller areas are very hard to see/access unless you know the entire map like the back of your hand. Also, it'd be really handy for avoiding fights, as in premium adventure mode the AI level shoots way up above your own, so avoiding fights until you level up a bit is advised. Combat should be left largely unchanged though, as its bloody great, maybe see if they can make it work a bit better when fighting more than one foe but that's really it.

And then you have Dead Souls (which I notice no one mention btw ;) ). Which despite people's opinion on it, is actually the game MOST needing a remaster. Seriously, just slap that in 60FPS and already the game is improved because its always had the most FPS problems in the series. Now if they could also improve or just go all out and redo the aiming/shooting it'd be even better. I wouldn't want a dragon engine remake, just a remaster though so I can keep that 60FPS.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't trying to say Ishin needed to be remastered fwiw. Was just trying to interpret what "is and" meant in the post, hah.

Deleted member 53268

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 8, 2019
The only games That need a remaster on ps4 are: Kenzan and Dead Soul. Ishin is already on ps4 in Japan. (I'm not considering the two psp games)

Any news about the Origins collection coming physical? (0,kiwami 1 and 2)

The Artisan

"Angels are singing in monasteries..."
Oct 27, 2017
On Amazon?

The first should just be putting it in your cart so you can buy multiple things as normal, and the second is just a quick way to buy only it immediately. Unless they've somehow changed it recently or something, that's all it is.

EDIT: though this is US fwiw; no idea what other regions have been doing with pre-orders lately
Yeah I'm speaking from U.S, on the app I see those two options, but how would it be "buy it only immediately" if it's an option for preorder? Either way I would be waiting to have my item shipped yeah?

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Still waiting for it go up for UK.
Hasn't gone up anywhere yet right?