• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Daisuke Sato: "To be realistic about what happened, Yakuza 1&2 HD for Wii U was a huge failure. But we are always looking to develop for multiple platforms as much as possible and know that brings in a greater audience to attract more people. However, as far as Switch is concerned, I'm convinced that it isn't the ideal platform on which to develop Yakuza games. Maybe people don't expect this kind of game on Switch. Maybe they're used to different games. It may not be the ideal platform. As for Xbox One, we can consider it, knowing that Xbox One users may be more likely to be interested in a game like Yakuza. This could potentially be an option.

So Switch, maybe not. But the Xbox One, maybe so?

Oct 27, 2017
Like I said in the last thread, this is the same bizarre logic that lead Sega to think the Xbox was a better platform than the PS2 or GC for JSRF and Panzer Dragoon Orta. Yakuza is a franchise that still predominantly sells in Japan, IIRC, so I don't understand this

Anyway, good luck with that

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
He got a point especially after the failure of Yakuza 1&2 on Wii U. Also how well will the Dragon engine run on the Switch

Tathanen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Switch sure ain't Wii U when it comes to third party success. Hopefully there aren't too many devs makin this association.

Status
Not open for further replies.