• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
I believe this is the first time Sony has actually referred to the game as God of War: Ragnarok, and not just "the next God of War"

smqJx2E_d.webp

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For the last time it's not the Dual Screen, it's the Developers' System.

CrimsonDawn

May 29, 2018
I believe we just knew it as the next God of War with the teaser stating that "Ragnarok is coming". It was never explicitly referred to as God of War: Ragnarok was far as I know, so I always suspected the subtitle would be something different.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ign called it God of War Ragnarok right away

Like what else would you call it if there's only the god of war symbol and the word Ragnarok?

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I was looking at the first god of war logo on the left going "where's the subtitle?" for about a minute

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017
why aren't they showing godfall for the ps5 launch lineup?
personally not a fan of Sony's obsession with MC scores

Dec 11, 2017
I understand how it all came about, but I'm still amused when I see Sony continue to market two games that Microsoft owns.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the runes in the logo said Ragnarok too, so it's hard to see what else the subtitle would've been.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Them going straight to Ragnarok will be a nice surprise. Was expecting Fimblewinter with a certain tease in 2018 being the antagonist, after they were being weird about actually naming it, but I'm all in for that showdown.

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Throw in Metacritic scores all you want, doesn't stop the fact that PS5 didn't launch with a Knack game, so it's automatically inferior

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Kinda wish it was the last game in a possible trilogy that would be called Ragnarok and not the 2nd one of the new series.

MetalKhaos

Oct 31, 2017
Bigger thing to me is them putting the new Horizon listed under Cloud growth. Also the VR stuff.

FixeQtE.jpg

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm already starting the fan campaign to make the follow-up to Final Fantasy XVI be known as Final Fantasy XVII haha yussss you can't do anything to stop me I'm a mad lad!!

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
How are they defining "post launch line-up" here

I thought we had given up on the idea of FFXVI dropping this fiscal year.

I guess if the just mean "anything after the console is launched," sure, it's a solid line-up.

Starlite

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda wish it was the last game in a possible trilogy that would be called Ragnarok and not the 2nd one of the new series.
Ideally the game only focuses on the beginning of Ragnarok, I can't imagine they'd fit it in one entire game, especially considering the pace of the last game.

Honestly no clue what they'd call the third game though lol