• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Those potatos are hella dry I feel like I'm gonna choke on em

OP
OP
fick

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
Cut it open and show us the inside you coward.

don't test my gangster

IRAN3fF.jpg

A solid medium rare (on the rarer side) all the way through

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP what did you sear that bad boy on? I usually use a cast iron if I'm cooking stovetop, but no way that big ole bone-in fit in a pan. Flat type pan or do you have an in-house flattop grill?

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of steakhouse steaks, I'm convinced I make a better steak at home on the cast iron + low heat grill for a lot less money.

The reason pay what you do at a steakhouse is because they generally have better meat than you do—prime, dry aged, etc. (If they don't, you've either really gone out of your way, or they're a mediocre steakhouse.) You're not paying them for their magical steak cooking skills.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Too much potatoes, try this next time, char garlic cloves and onions, bell peppers, salt-pepper, chop it up and put it on the side. Also try sautéed greens like bok choi, spinach and garlic etc.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
So am I the only one cooking my steaks with sous vide then putting a sweet crust on to it with a searzall? It seems like some bougie shit, but damn it makes a great steak.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cooked on coals. Looks nice on the outside. Nice and pink on the inside. Pride on OP for delivering.

DukeBlueBall

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I bought a pound of dry-aged prime steak, cut it into small pieces and braised them for an hour, and ate them with sriracha mayo.

Shit was so good.

Last edited:

TTG

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Great crust, pink center, no juice pooling at the bottom of the plate. Nod of approval to OP. Yes, that potato is an abject failure, but who cares really?

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I can't see the cracked black pepper and those potatoes don't look creamy at all my dude.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
The reason pay what you do at a steakhouse is because they generally have better meat than you do—prime, dry aged, etc. (If they don't, you've either really gone out of your way, or they're a mediocre steakhouse.) You're not paying them for their magical steak cooking skills.
Oh yeah of course I'm only working with the Sterling silver steak cuts but my shit just taste better because it's cooked to my perfection I suppose.

Merv

Oct 27, 2017
Steak is overrated. I like it a lot, but I also love a great pork chop. I brine mine, so good.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I've been cooking steaks on my pellet grill lately instead of charcoal. I like to use onion powder, garlic powder, salt are pepper for seasoning. Medium rare for me and we'll done for my wife. My pit boss has a sliding grate at the bottom that exposes the flame if I feel like searing.