• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
jp.ign.com

『ARMORED CORE VI』はソウルライクではない、トラディショナルな「アーマード・コア」新作!? 開発者ロングインタビュー

「ARMORED COREの新作を作ることには大きな意味があると考えていました」

『ARMORED CORE VI』にマルチプレイ要素はありますか?

山村:
マルチプレイに関しては対戦モードをメインに考えています。シリーズ過去作と同様に自分で組み上げた自慢の機体のお披露目も兼ねてぶつけ合うという楽しみ方をしていただけると思います。

一方で、メインとなるストーリーモードに関してはダイナミックなアクション、縦横無尽に駆け巡る自機、ミッション中の能動的な変化といったものを重視するにあたって、協力プレイは入れていません。シングルプレイだからこそ実現できる濃い体験にフォーカスしています。

Will there be multiplayer elements in "ARMORED CORE VI"?

Yamamura: Regarding multiplayer, I'm thinking mainly about battle mode. Just like the past games in the series, I think you'll be able to have fun by colliding with each other as well as showing off the unit you've built yourself.
On the other hand, regarding the main story mode, co-op play is not included in order to emphasize things such as dynamic action, free-running of machines, and changes occuring during missions. We are focusing on a rich experience that can only be achieved in single player.

Run Souls fans, run.
wZq_9N.gif

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Yes please - give me something new FROM.

Well, new compared to recent output of course.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Delightful! So far they are saying all the right things to get me excited! ACV being so multiplayer focused was a turnoff for me despite the weight of the game being a lot more appealing compared to IV.

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op missions would be cool to see, in theory, but good to see they're not investing their time in that — it would change the content too radically, or require a level of dynamism or replayability that they likely cannot justify. Sounding great.

Truno

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 16, 2020
"Emphasis on rich single player"

Words that make Era salivate

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Rich Single player is music to my ears.
Especially with how many of these online coop pvpve games get announced these days.

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Exactly what I'm down for. Co-op could've worked selectively but better that they start off with nailing this as a base any maybe next games we see co-op etc. it's good they are being cautious on what they are doing with this one

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
I hope it at least has some form of co-op multiplayer like a horde mode. But I'll be in for the single player either way.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Music to my fucking ears.

I forget which AC I played but it was one that really felt like multiplayer was the focus and playing it single player kinda felt like an afterthought. So this makes me a lot more optimistic that I'll enjoy AC6.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No co-op play is a little bit disappointing, as I was hoping to play the game alongside Cenauru. Everything else sounds absolutely glorious, however.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
If theres no co-op, there might be some wild shit happening during some of these missions which is also probably why they chose to not make it an open world game.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
I'm fine with this considering co-op always felt like an afterthought in Souls games. There's a reason people cite summoning as easy mode and it's because the Souls games are balanced for single player and having a buddy along for the ride melts the bosses.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
We're gonna get ambush missions, aren't we? I expect at least one Nine Ball fight to be introduced this way. New players are gonna be in for PTSD moments, for sure.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I beat ACIII last night, and it has a thing where you can bring in consorts to certain missions and you can do a 2v2 arena fight. I feel like that's something that could work in a modern framework of online co-op play, if it's enabled only for certain missions

Versus mode being online is more important tho anyway

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
My biggest complaint with Verdict Day was that I played it after there was little to nobody playing co-op still and some of the missions were clearly made around that, so hearing this single player focus makes me happy and relieved.

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Is this new article or just the same one from American ign with extra bits? Hope to get a translation soon if its new.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Understandable but I always appreciate the outside of the box thinking From often applies to multiplayer

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, coop campaign, the most interesting thing for me in those types of games, will not be there. I'll see myself out.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Coop would have been nice, but I understand why it's not there.

Still super excited. I just recently started playing this franchise and I'm already a fan.

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
I don't recall how co-op worked in any of the Armored Cores (if they had them) but Another Century's Episode 3 only had like 7 missions that let you play with two people for some reason.

And then they decided to go back to no co-op at all when they made ACER.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Full co-op was nice in ACV but I'd rather get an actually good game instead, I guess.

I was never big on PVP in these games because the netcode was like...imagine fighting a laggy invader in dark souls but they are also a mech boosting in random directions at 500kph. And multi was DOA in ACV on Xbox so I never got to even try it, lol.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
You'll get you AI partner AC's and you'll like it god damn it! Can't wait for this game to throw 5 enemy AC's my way, and then have my one partner up and betray me half way through. These are the kinds of experiences that they want to cultivate for us that would be hampered with online play lol

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Music to my fucking ears.

I forget which AC I played but it was one that really felt like multiplayer was the focus and playing it single player kinda felt like an afterthought. So this makes me a lot more optimistic that I'll enjoy AC6.

5. There are some missions that can actually feel grindy because they're built for coop. Absolutely ruined the game for me.

On that note. Good. AC's story will be much better as a single player game. I still hope multiplayer is robust though. The way armored core works, in a different world, could have been an excellent team based or spectator friendly esport kind of game. With different players building different ACs and needing high skill ceilings for flashy combat

Edit: I wonder if they will still have a wingman or merc hiring system like some of the 3 series games

Last edited:

squall23

Oct 25, 2017
The way armored core works, in a different world, could have been an excellent team based or spectator friendly esport kind of game. With different players building different ACs and needing high skill ceilings for flashy combat
Sega had this with Border Break. It's honestly a shame that it didn't get any console or PC ports until way way way down the line.