• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...sile-saudi-arabia-riyadh-171104180946302.html
Yemen's Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for a loud explosion in Riyadh, saying they fired a long-range ballistic missile that travelled more than 800km over the border with Saudi Arabia.

A spokesman for the rebels told Al Jazeera they launched a Burkan 2-H missile - a Scud-type missile with a range of more than 800km - towards Riyadh late on Saturday.

"The capital cities of countries that continually shell us, targeting innocent civilians, will not be spared from our missiles," the spokesman said.
Maliki said Saudi forces used a surface-to-air Patriot missile to destroy the missile, which shattered into fragments in an uninhabited area east of the airport.

He added that there were no reported casualties.
7278ceaef79143f9bb528fd4c1c89441_6.png

"The Saudis started the war. Our response will continue and increase, whether it's targeting deep inside Saudi Arabia, targeting military positions where Saudi jets fly from, or military bases inside Yemeni territory," Abdul Salam said.

"Abu Dhabi and others that target Yemen, are as far as we're concerned, a fair military target. Any country that targets Yemen will be struck by our missiles."

Last edited:

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
This isn't the first missile they've fired on the kingdom. They've fired many at locations closer to them in the south of the kingdom. There was even one towards Mecca too.

OP
OP
Shoot

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the first missile they've fired on the kingdom. They've fired many at locations closer to them in the south of the kingdom. There was even one towards Mecca too.
This is the first that I am hearing about that. Firing towards Mecca is insane. I hope they weren't actually aiming for the holy city.

Clipjoint

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And how many thousands of bombs has Saudi dropped on Yemen? That's the more important story.

OP
OP
Shoot

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
And how many thousands of bombs has Saudi dropped on Yemen? That's the more important story.
I am actually impressed by the Houthis. I did not know that they were this capable.

I would have preferred the missile to have hit its target. The Saudis have caused so much bloodshed and terror around the world, it would be nice for it to literally blow up in their face for once.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shoot

Shoot

Oct 25, 2017
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...sile-saudi-arabia-riyadh-171104180946302.html
The war in Yemen, the region's poorest country, started in 2014 after Houthi rebels seized control of the capital Sanaa and began pushing south towards the country's third-biggest city, Aden.

Concerned by the rise of the Houthi rebels, believed to be backed by regional rival Iran, Saudi Arabia and a coalition of Sunni Arab states launched an intervention in 2015 in the form of a massive air campaign aimed at reinstalling President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi's government.

Since then, more than 10,000 people have been killed and at least 40,000 wounded, mostly from Saudi-led air strikes.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No he isnt. He should be in Japan- or back in DC. He went to the Middle East last week quietly.

I dont like all this fighting all over the world. Seems like WW3 is all but inevitable.
Yes, it's truly terrifying how the usually calm and peaceful middle east is descending into violence. Surely a sign of the end times.