• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Tickets were up for about 45 seconds for each wave before being sold out.

ECw4a6WWwAAGayE

ECw4a6aXYAAFz8E

Did anyone from ERA attend? Was it at least comparable to Blizzcon style events? Given SC has an accurate to-scale universe, how will minefields function when approach points and distances are near infinite? Are they purely for laying around space stations? Is an 8 person ship with a passive defense system viable in a game which currently has 50-player servers?

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
In answer to your questions, the ship isn't in the game yet, mines aren't in the game yet, the minelaying mechanic isn't in the game yet, and multicrew gameplay isn't in the game yet. They're just selling concept art and dreams at this point.

Oct 26, 2017
If this function ever makes into the game the permanent minefield maintained around Port Olisar is going to be glorious, they've sold like 600 of these things already

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
Something about the idea of spending 275€ for an ostensibly fancy dinner, only to sit on long benches (?) is kinda hilarious.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
if you spent money on star citizen and you aren't rich enough to be able to not care if you get nothing in return, you made a poor financial decision.

Dec 8, 2018
This game regardless if it ever gets finished or not is the most despicable event in video game history. Fuck these whale hunters and piranha tactics and hope Chris Roberts and his miss management never gets another chance in the industry or anything else for that matter. Hundreds of millions dollars and still need to consider these kinds of things ffs.

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
Pay tons of money for a dinner because you paid even more money before, so they can hawk you something to pay more money for.

Whale economics are fucked.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
As a chef, I am really interested in hearing what level of food was served at an event with such expensive entry requirements.

Those plates better have been immaculate.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like every day Star Citizen reminds me more and more of the episode of Ducktales 2016 where the Jeff Bezos character reveals his big project is literally nothing but he keeps getting money because he keeps teasing it as a life changing thing and then he stages a theft so no one will ever know it wasn't real

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
God I just looked at the ships you can buy holy hell there's a lot of purchases for an Alpha release.
I get that it funds development and they have a big dev team but the game's ambitions imo have become way too grand over the years.

Jazar

Oct 25, 2017
South Florida
Well of you read the product description the ship has four centuries of distinguished service under it's belt so it's a bargain really.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Aren't they actually releasing stuff tho (obviously not at a super fast rate but still)?like this isn't vaporware so who cares if people want to fund it and spend money on it.

admataY

Oct 25, 2017
monitising hope , dreams and enthusiasit theorycrafting for a game that will never move past the beta stage, a real pro move .

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still a backer but I'm actually in the black. This shit is out of control and I have little hope of an actual finished game being released.

The thing that amazes me is that EA has seen this happening but hasn't announced an honest to god Star Wars space sim. With the right developers, it would print money. (EA would mess it up, obviously)

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
They can't actually finish the game cause then they wouldn't be able to pull money raking stunts like this off of the promise of finishing the game.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
People will get mad at mtx and still defend this lol

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still a backer but I'm actually in the black. This shit is out of control and I have little hope of an actual finished game being released.

The thing that amazes me is that EA has seen this happening but hasn't announced an honest to god Star Wars space sim. With the right developers, it would print money. (EA would mess it up, obviously)

You could sell a single virtual Tie Fighter that isn't even made yet to a whale for $1 million, easily.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love this business model.

Also for all the people inquiring about the food, don't expect anything phenomenal, at this price you mostly pay to see the Guru.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
My mother, stepfather, and I went to a michelin rated french restaurant.
The food was exquisite. Our bill was $300 total, not counting alcohol or tip.

Anyway, nice concept art.

Status
Not open for further replies.