• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I thought ERA was on top of this, and searched the database for it but yesterday, April 18 in 1994 Super Metroid was released in North America. Still remember that day. Was shopping at Target and saw Super Metroid's case there. Was a sight to behold. This franchise has come along way since then, so I'm hoping Nintendo release Prime Trilogy on Switch this year to tide us for MP 4's delay.

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Still over three months to go until the release in Europe. Man, those were dark times. We either got games super late, or just not at all. Plus the 50hz bullshit.

Anyway, hooray for Super Metroid! Still one of the best games to play to this day, and something I go back to a lot.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's so rare for a game to basically start a subgenre, and 25 years later still be one of the absolute best games in it. the gameplay coupled with the fantastic atmosphere and music created one of the most timeless and amazing games there is and will ever be.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
A day late and a dollar short with your thread title, but I love Super Metroid. The best game in the series and one of the best games on the SNES period.