• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
At this point, whether they plagiarized or just merely paid homage in a clumsy manner is kind of immaterial when there's so much else about this game that's just...ew.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I don't feel like making a new thread because I'm sick but I thought this was interesting.

May 21, 2019
I always wondered why that one track sounded really different from the rest of the game's soundtrack. Everything else is just bad gameboy chiptunes.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Honestly, it's very naive to describe what's happening as plagiarism. The game appears to contains hundreds of lines of dialogue, and yet only a handful of those pertain to the Murakami book and it's actual plot line is not lifted from the work that's allegedly being plagiarized. It'd be like claiming a movie plagiarized The Terminator for having a character saying "I'll be back" while not being about time traveling cyborgs.
If the script fails a turnitin evaluation....

It's not a few words or a single reference.