• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sqrt

Oct 26, 2017
Former Vice President Joe Biden is the only Democratic presidential candidate to maintain a general election lead over President Trump, a new IDB/TIPP poll released Monday shows.

Biden, who is also holding on to a relatively comfortable lead over the Democratic field in the poll, is shown beating Trump by 5 percentage points.

Edit: We have a trend?

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I just sighed so hard that a bunch of paper blew off of my desk. We're so doomed.

Titanpaul

Jan 2, 2019
thanks I hate it, especially since Hillary was up by +7-+15 over daddy trump.

This country is doomed.

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
Keep in mind that Fox News, which contrary to their news portion does VERY good polling, just released a poll that has Bernie beating Trump too just not by as much as Biden.

Biden clearly has the electability angle going for him over everyone else though.

Deleted member 4372

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Americans want an authoritarian, that much is clear. Biden arguably is within a margin of error here so you cant say definitively that this poll shows him beating Trump.

This is what the American people want. Absolutely fuckin bizarre.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
When most other polls showing a lot of the candidates with leads over Trump? Nah.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
God tier diamond joe our one true savior. Feeling blessed on this 12/17 in the year 2019. Crying.

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
This will get locked under the "single poll" rule.

Also note this is Yahoo rehosting reporting by The Week, on a poll from Investors Business Daily/TIPP. IBD is trash for political reporting, though their polling is rated A/B by FiveThirtyEight.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Man its crazy to think that I'll probably never see a female President in my lifetime.

Oct 27, 2017
Biden is probably the only way. Sanders and Warren would be red menaced to oblivion, Buttigieg is too gay, Bloomberg too much of a billionaire. I expect the appalling UK election result will reinforce Biden from here on too.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Ahh ole Joe. Looks like America will be switching to the bud light version of Trump the next four years.

Xx 720

Nov 3, 2017
The polls will tighten up as the election gets closer, plus, Dump will have his impeachment victory which we are handing him to give him momentum on top of the incumbent advantage, I don't think Biden can beat him unfortunately, would of had a better shot in 16. My hope now is that we can retain the house.

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh...It just doesn't make any sense. The guy has become so unappealing since leaving the Vice Presidency. He also can barely put together a sentence on-stage anymore, and lacks any kind of fire. Yeah he'll take a nice lead over Trump until debate season, and then Trump will wipe the floor with him on-stage and suddenly Biden will shrink down and we'll be fucked once again.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Biden is probably the only way. Sanders and Warren would be red menaced to oblivion, Buttigieg is too gay, Bloomberg too much of a billionaire. I expect the appalling UK election result will reinforce Biden from here on too.

I don't know why but your too gay comment made me spit up my drink laughing. Made me think of Mean Girls lol

Imagine Fox News on Buttigeg, " He can't be commander in chief, he is too gay to even function."

Deleted member 31923

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Another data point. Single poll and whatnot.

Here's another poll showing Trump beating EVERYONE, even Biden.

And here's one showing Trump beating everyone (but some in margin of error) but Biden in Wisconsin, which may be the tipping point state.

Polling has been bad for Democrats against Trump lately. I don't know if it's the economy or a backlash to impeachment. Even the recent Fox News poll showing everyone beating Trump had a decline in win margin for Democrats from previous polls. Hopefully this isn't a long term trend.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
the optics (i know how much era loves that word) of 78-year-old Joseph Biden being inaugurated in January 2021 will be fucking horrendously hilarious.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
the optics (i know how much era loves that word) of 78-year-old Joseph Biden being inaugurated in January 2021 will be fucking horrendously hilarious.

Trump will be in his mid 70's by then as well lol

Watching the president's mental faculties decline has sure been, uh, fascinating these last 3 years

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
this thread is an excuse for the biden squad to take another victory lap. Hell, who knows, they might be right in the end.

or biden might crumble against trump

fuck this timeline

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
thanks I hate it, especially since Hillary was up by +7-+15 over daddy trump.

This country is doomed.
The economy is booming and people are making money without having to spend a ton on gas, energy, and water. Trump doing well in the polls against a politician like sanders and warren shouldn't surprise anyone. Sanders and warren could endanger the stability that so many folks are enjoying right now. Biden is a continuation of the current economic success but without the crazy trump shtick. Biden has to be the nom unless Mayor B keeps climbing.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Getting increasingly anxious about this election and we're still 11 months out. Not sure if I'm gonna survive the year.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
Isn't Sanders currently polling #2?

So the current polls put either Biden winning or Sanders being a toss up currently.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Trump will be in his mid 70's by then as well lol

Watching the president's mental faculties decline has sure been, uh, fascinating these last 3 years
biden is seriously even worse. current biden is a guy that should be retired/in a home and is a far ways away from resembling the guy that was VP. he's already past it now. and it's only get worse.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
His approval #s have tipped up a bit on 538 as well. The insanity of the American voting populace is depressing.

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
biden is seriously even worse. current biden is a guy that should be retired/in a home and is a far ways away from resembling the guy that was VP. he's already past it now. and it's only get worse.

Lol no, not even close.
this thread is an excuse for the biden squad to take another victory lap. Hell, who knows, they might be right in the end.

or biden might crumble against trump

fuck this timeline

There's a Biden squad?

Deleted member 4372

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

jesus christ 'buttigieg is too gay' holy shit. the dude is too gay becsuse he is gay, is the implication. probably true. but he also has zero black folk support so you can count him out for that anyways. fucking Trump polls better than Pete w black folks.

Oct 27, 2017
His approval #s have tipped up a bit on 538 as well. The insanity of the American voting populace is depressing.

I have a feeling impeachment is helping him too. You watch, they'll use a tactic similar to that deployed by the Tories in the UK, calling it a distraction and a drag on the economy. I wouldn't be surprised if they wheel out their own version of "Get Brexit Done". "Get Business Done", anyone?

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Lol no, not even close.

There's a Biden squad?
in terms of mental sharpness compared to trump? uh... i'm no trump supporter by any means. at all. but biden is gone, dude.

i don't think people have actually watched any biden this year at all. it's scary how fast he's declined. if it was 2008-2016 biden, i don't think it'd be a problem. but this guy ain't it.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Honestly, whatever. Cool, fine. Biden isn't perfect but he's a hell of a lot more electable than Hillary. At this point it's better to get the overton window back to normal before we start pushing it more left.

At this point, I'm more concerned with getting Trump out, and whoever the best person is for the job out of the Democrats, that's who I'll vote for.

On this site? Absolutely not. For some reason everyone on this site projects this stuff on to people. It's incredibly rare to see a Biden supporter on this forum.

I wouldn't call myself a supporter, but he's fine. He did a great job as VP.

Dec 31, 2017
Single poll, but very Interesting. Will have to see how this unfolds over the next few months. But here is the reason Trump wanted dirt on Biden.

Status
Not open for further replies.