• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WHERES GUNDAM AGE 2 HINOOOOOOOOOOOOO
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Folliebarder%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F08%2Fmemory_of_eden_box-1200x1538.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
It just seems like a bad business decision when there is no one really asking for it on PS4 in Japan, where are the sales going to come from? The only reason to even think about putting it on PS4 (and why not Xbox and PC too) would be for the west but Nintendo publishes the games in the west so who knows on that.

They should have tried having it as a multiplat when it released on Switch. They haven't announced the first game for PS4 either to help ease the PS4 userbase into YW. Not to mention they have another game lost in development hell with multiple delays.

Try three games.
Inazuma Eleven Ares, Megaton Musashi and Ushiro are all stuck in development hell. The latter was originally going to be a PSP game too.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Fantasy Life sequel ever get finished for mobile?

That's the real L5 franchise I like. FL2 on Switch would really cement its console of dreams status for me, but I'll take it on any console. I'd buy a Next XBOX sight unseen for FL2.

Oct 25, 2017
Did the Fantasy Life sequel ever get finished for mobile?

That's the real L5 franchise I like. FL2 on Switch would really cement its console of dreams status for me, but I'll take it on any console. I'd buy a Next XBOX sight unseen for FL2.

It did. It's called Fantasy Life Online now. Of course it's Japan only.

BlueRose

Oct 25, 2017
I played and finished the Japanese version but I'd double dip for a port if it runs better. I wonder if this is the reason for the performance issues?

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
You should elaborate on your thought process when calling someone or something ignorant

Show me the receipts.

It's a bit funny how you call out the "console warriors", but honestly you're the one acting the closest to one.

Everybody here agrees that Level 5 has been sucking at managing their franchises. That's all there is to it.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
honestly I'm surprised they didn't go multiplat since day 1.

thought it was a sure thing since inazuma eleven was but 🤷 guess they thought they'd find success in switch alone.

wonder if we'll see yw1 port on ps4 as well.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
You should elaborate on your thought process when calling someone ignorant

Show me the receipts.
A console having a high install base doesnt ever guarantee a game will have good sales, moreover the PS4 installbase was built on games like destiny and uncharted, not games like games like yokai watch. Even series like digimon didnt aim for the same audience As Pokemon and yokai watch on PS4, so they wont naturally be attracted to something like YW4 on PS4, this should be common sense

Champion

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Tampa, FL
User Warned: platform warring
I cant help but notice its only Nintendo diehards that have an issue with this.. I'm sleep though.

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck me at the indignation in this thread. I thought I was safe from the Media Create fracas when I put the OP of those threads on ignore. Evidently not.

Regardless, it looks decent. Never heard of the franchise before but if it saunters west I may give it a crack.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I cant help but notice its only Nintendo diehards that have an issue with this.. I'm sleep though.

In every single recent thread about Yokai Watch you will see the same talk regardless of what platform it's on

This is not new for the series and Level 5's handling of it at all

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
A reminder. After going dark & edgy failed, Level-5's next move for Yo-kai Watch is *rolls dice* High School AU & Kamen Rider.

I am not kidding.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So...did they ever follow through on adding those post-release Yo-Kai to the Switch version people claimed that they would?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Suddenly, my pet theory that Hino's management style is based on throwing slips of paper into a hat and pulling two out to get the next franchise idea got a hell of a lot more plausible.
"The next Inazuma Eleven will feature..."

*Rustles paper*

"...shoujo romance and giant mecha."

Instro

Oct 25, 2017

Just uploaded on Level-5's official channel.
Recouping losses? Struggling with Switch tech?
Strange that a series that spent its life on Nintendo (and mobile) is suddenly making the jump to Sony.
Watch as this doesn't change anything about localization.

I wouldn't say its particularly strange. Series like Yokai Watch were locked into the Nintendo ecosystem because their previous handhelds were completely far apart from other system, both in power, architecture, APIs, etc. Just as the Switch is able to receive ports from current consoles, so to are former Nintendo exclusives up for porting to more powerful consoles. The same is happening to AA, and I'm sure SMTV as well unless it's being funded by Nintendo.

Oct 25, 2017
and we got one film on netflix. and the series is canned in the u.s :/

The movies are all over the place after the first.
The second is an anthology with four short stories and a fifth longer one. At least it has Lord Enma.
The third incorporates live-action. I have no idea how they would have localized that one.
The fourth is the introduction to Shadowside which was important to the fourth game and lead to a spin-off anime (that only lasted 49 episodes before going back to the original series)
The fifth is a prequel to the franchise that also takes place during the time travel of the first movie. It's also important to the fourth game.

The fact you need two movies in order to help with the story of the video game is NOT A GOOD THING

Sagadego17

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The movies are all over the place after the first.
The second is an anthology with four short stories and a fifth longer one. At least it has Lord Enma.
The third incorporates live-action. I have no idea how they would have localized that one.
The fourth is the introduction to Shadowside which was important to the fourth game and lead to a spin-off anime (that only lasted 49 episodes before going back to the original series)
The fifth is a prequel to the franchise that also takes place during the time travel of the first movie. It's also important to the fourth game.

The fact you need two movies in order to help with the story of the video game is NOT A GOOD THING
what a cluster fuck

Shin-Ra

Nov 1, 2017
Poor kid needs to pump up his tyres. They're like pizza cutters.

Ni no Kuni Remastered, which I already completed on PS3, still looks a lot more appealing than what they showed there.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Suddenly, my pet theory that Hino's management style is based on throwing slips of paper into a hat and pulling two out to get the next franchise idea got a hell of a lot more plausible.
The thing is that when YW initially started to fall off Hino blamed it on the older fans falling off, which is why we got Shadowside. Shadowside was a flop for them so now you have them trying this stuff.

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
In for PS4 version, won't buy a third-party game on Switch without achievements,

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Er...would this port really come to the west if Nintendo is still supposedly handling the localization of this series? And if Level-5 themselves are doing the localization independently for this entry how long do we have to wait until we get this title assuming they was to bring out both versions at the same time?

Er...would this port really come to the west if Nintendo is still supposedly handling the localization of this series? And if Level-5 themselves are doing the localization independently for this entry how long do we have to wait until we get this title assuming they was to bring out both versions at the same time?
One would assume that Level-5 would try to secure the necessary funding to handle the localization themselves if they had an interest in bringing it over on both systems. In that instance, I doubt Nintendo would have any problems picking it up for publishing on the Switch, as we saw with Dragon Quest Builders 2, but the question becomes how the PS4 version would be handled in terms of publishing. Does Bamco pick it up like they did for Ni no Kuni, or does it skew too young for their brand? Do they pursue another publisher altogether? Do they take the option of self-publishing it digitally and forgo a physical release altogether? There's a lot of variables there that make the path forward for the PS4 version a lot trickier outside of Japan, and I don't know what would be a good option for them this late in the game.