• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Level-5 is delaying games left and right >.< Definitely looked like it needed it though.

Deleted member 59

Shame, one of the titles I'm most looking forward to on Switch atm.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can we ban talk about "Switch Pro" (a thing that isn't confirmed to exist) in unrelated threads and actually discuss the thread's subject?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Someday Level-5 will release a game again without it getting publically delayed.

Oct 25, 2017
I knew they'd delay this. There's no way with the general lightness media shown over the past 4 months that they were gonna make a winter release this year.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Off-topic shitposting: just in time for the Switch Internet Browser which will be exclusive to Switch Pro.
like i would understand if the rumor was more substantial and from more sources, but one rumor about a switch revision which mostly talks about displays and now people are talking about switch pro as if it's announced and available for pre-order.

frankabus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play Yo-kai Watch personally, but this news does make me wonder in a broader scope how development teams that were used to creating for the 3DS are handling the transition to Switch.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
like i would understand if the rumor was more substantial and from more sources, but one rumor about a switch revision which mostly talks about displays and now people are talking about switch pro as if it's announced and available for pre-order.
My rule for sanity as a Nintendo fan is to never, ever click on Nintendo rumour speculation threads.

kuroneko0509

Oct 25, 2017
can't wait for another inazuma delay, and they ends up finishing orion arc anime and have 3rd arc before the game even out

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't play Yo-kai Watch personally, but this news does make me wonder in a broader scope how development teams that were used to creating for the 3DS are handling the transition to Switch.
i think some of them are gonna be left out of the console market and will have to work on mobile games. the smart ones probably have been preparing for a few years and expanding, and hopefully switch supporting the major game engines will make their transition slightly easier.

My rule for sanity as a Nintendo fan is to never, ever click on Nintendo rumour speculation threads.
...but those are the most crazyfun threads

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
oh god every switch game announcement thread is gonna have this
giphy.gif

Oct 25, 2017
I am not surprised. The footage at TGS was rough. If you're going to go the action RPG route, you need better framerate.

I'd say "maybe this will have a closer gap between Japan and the rest of the world", but Level-5 will fuck that up too.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know what Inafune's doing right now? Is he directly involved with either game, or anything at all?

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
They just showed gameplay for the first time about two weeks ago, no way it was supposed to come out within the next 90 days. Releasing it away from Pokemon can only be a good thing.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
It's funny to think back on the days when Level-5 were at the top of the heap. They were a hit factory for a while there, they released that weird robot shaped console. Wild times. Today, it seems they can't catch a break. Stuff like Wonder Flick didn't hit at all and YW and IE feel stale. In a way, I'm always rooting for them though, and I hope to see something good out of their anniversary game. Or was the anniversary game Ni No Kuni 2, because if it was... That's a shame.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Uh level 5 has made ni no Kuni for PS3, they recently released a PS4 game this year ni no Kuni 2, developing on switch shouldn't be a hard task, they're used to HD Development unlike say the Mario and Luigi rpg team ....and game freak to a lesser extent. But that's mostly it. Outside the bigger nintendo 2nd party devs

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh level 5 has made ni no Kuni for PS3, they recently released a PS4 game this year ni no Kuni 2, developing on switch shouldn't be a hard task, they're used to HD Development unlike say the Mario and Luigi rpg team ....and game freak to a lesser extent. But that's mostly it. Outside the bigger nintendo 2nd party devs

Different teams but more importantly they're moving Yo-Kai Watch from a 3DS game mimicating Pokémon to a big HD Action-RPG. Outside of just technical difficulties they're also changing the entire game design.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
i think some of them are gonna be left out of the console market and will have to work on mobile games. the smart ones probably have been preparing for a few years and expanding, and hopefully switch supporting the major game engines will make their transition slightly easier.

...but those are the most crazyfun threads

Mobile games are getting bigger and more expensive, and those that aren't are being forced out by simply not being as successful. Might as well adapt now, I'd think.