• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Nothing has been uploaded from L5 official media channels yet.

Very excited about YW4 coming!!! We can expect a 2020 release.

EDIT: apparently The Snack World is just the anime for now.

Last edited:

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Snack World is apparently just the show, but since it was rated in Australia it's likely the game will come too

logash

Oct 27, 2017
This game has been on my list for looks alone but I can't justify blindly buying it day one. Will wait for reviews but I am excited that it's coming!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they'll wait for all the (free) planned updates to come out before putting YW4 out over here, kind of like they did with YW3. Regardless, it's good to hear that they haven't given up on it in the US.

Oct 25, 2017
It's probably good for us to wait for the game to be brought over. Seems like they're going to be adding a lot of content and probably polishing up the experience in the coming months.

Trrzs

Oct 29, 2017
I'm so ready to play my first Yo Kai Watch game! I tried the demos of the 3DS games but that gameplay was really unappealing to me, on the other hand, this one is like a Ni No Kuni game gameplay wise and I can't wait to put my hands on it

koutoru

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing the Japanese version and it's a very fun game even for someone like me that has had no prior experience with the franchise.

No surprise that they would skip straight past a Blasters 2 localization and Japan in general seem very tired of this IP so a faster localization to offset some of the low sales would be beneficial.

Edit: Also yes, the game does reference events and use characters from other Yokai watch anime and movies that haven't been localized in English yet, but it's not to hard to pick up the gist of what happened.

Last edited:

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
By the way, The Snack World has been airing for quite some time here already, in France and I assume the whole Europe.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it releases next year with all the bugs and DLC already in the game. They should also bring the movie tie-in(prequel?) along too.

Though, I wonder if they are going to still keep the localized names of the human characters or change them back to their original names?

Oct 25, 2017
Just heard this news.
At least it's nice to know it's coming, even if all we have is a subtitled trailer of the Japanese version.

shotgunbob04

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played these games, but I saw some footage of YW4 last year and have been wanting it in the west ever since. This is awesome news and I'll be picking it up, granted I'm allowed to play with Japanese audio/English subtitles.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I'm playing through the game right now without having seen any of the anime or movies, and it works just fine.
Edit: Also yes, the game does reference events and use characters from other Yokai watch anime and movies that haven't been localized in English yet, but it's not to hard to pick up the gist of what happened.
Yeah basically.