• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
09XliDk.jpg

Level-5 has released a new trailer from Yokai Watch 4.
This time showing more of the original Yokai Watch world with Keita, Whisper and Jibanyan.
Looks very promising so far. Love seeing the original environments in such high detail. So thankful that they didn't abandon the original games for the boring new "scarier" reboot.

Source: Gematsu

wiiucollector

Aug 5, 2018
Germany
I love the colours. It's like you can feel the warmth. Never played a Yokai game, but I'm all over how this looks in a way that Let's Go left me rather indifferent.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
The world-map looks good and a faithful representation of what appears in 3DS games even if the view is closer to the character.

One thing that is striking to me is the fact that we have three different "dimensions" in the game. To me, rather than a deliberate choice, this was a necessity for Level-5 to make the game as palatable as possible. Possibly, it was also because of each dimension had originally a different game planned but eventually Hino decided to cluster altogether.

Oct 25, 2017
Looks damn good.
Nate looks a little older now. Or perhaps they're just adjusting his model for Switch.
It looks a lot smoother too.

Oct 25, 2017
This should be out after we see Pokémon 2019 so it'll be interesting to see how those two compare.
It's a big change up from the first trilogy.
Seems like a change to FF12/Xenoblade style combat but with more action.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
wow, they really changed the gameplay! Fingers crossed this one is actually good. Bought one for the 3DS and the gameplay was completely different in a terrible way - looking forward to this one, because I'm afraid GameFreak will let me down with this year's Pokemon
Seems like a change to FF12/Xenoblade style combat but with more action.
seems more like Ni No Kuni to me

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
The battle change is already a drastic improvement for this series. I was never a fan of how Yokai Watch did it's battles and it really turned me off from buying any other game in the series outside of the first one.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
I always thought the 3DS games looked great, but the combat was non-existent (and terrible). Hope this one improves on that.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Looks promising indeed, I wonder if we'll have to wait 3/4 years for this one to be localized as well.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Always been a good looking series, but I'm glad we're not stuck with Shadowside the whole time as I think it's a horrendous art style.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Looks really, really good! Gameplay also looks quite interesting, so I think it could be a great game. Can't wait to play it in 2020 2021!

OP
OP
Santar

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
61i0dtay8GL._SX342_.jpg

I wonder if we're getting Yokai Watch Blasters 2 before this or if they've given up on the 3ds now. Would be nice if it made it to the west too.
And I'm still waiting for Snack World Gold Level-5!

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Would be cool if for this Level 5 localised this to be more faithful to the original text.
It's not the 90s anymore. Western audiences can handle playing a character from a different country.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
The change in combat has me interested in this, i felt like i was barely doing anything in the first game, like the combat just played itself.

Aostia82

Oct 27, 2017
Seems a solid transition from 3ds to switch
Let's hope we won't have to wait 2020 to play this..

OP
OP
Santar

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Would be cool if for this Level 5 localised this to be more faithful to the original text.
It's not the 90s anymore. Western audiences can handle playing a character from a different country.
Yes! I've always disliked how they've changed so much in the localization. Would love for a more accurate translation along with a Japanese voice option.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Like all Level 5 games, the presentation seems interesting but the gameplay does not seem very funny

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This trailer killed my biggest fear regarding the game - they showed that the Yokai are actually playable outside of the transforming character from Shadowside. The localization of this series still puts me off though. Trying to hide the Japanese origin of the Yokai is dumb and just hurts the game's appeal.

Oct 25, 2017
YW3 is out next month, right?

Honestly, releasing in late 2019 seems like a bad idea because of a certain other game.
However, spring 2020 might be a good spot for it

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
In game framerate looks much better than the last time we saw it.

I was seeing stutters in what appeared to be cinematics, which is weird.

This game looks excellent. Looks a lot like the PS3 prototype, which makes sense

Level 5 get your heads on straight and make this a WW release please. There's no chance we see this before 2020 I think.
Will we see this one DQXI S in the West first is the question

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The combat sure looks a lot like Ni no Kuni 2. I suppose it's running on the same tech too - which would probably also explain the framerate issues we saw last time they showed gameplay.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks beautiful but I'm definitely going to wait for impressions because I'm getting serious NNK2 vibes :(

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
This totally looks like something I'd be all over, I just don't like how the Yo-kai themselves look.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the three styles is still implemented well. This feels like another case of L5 throwing in the kitchen sink like they're often criticized for doing. Don't know why they didn't just stick to Classic or Shadowside for their first console entry. Feels like that may be part of the reason for these constant delays.

But regardless, I'm loving what I see so far. NNK cross YW was always what I envisioned the perfect console YW would play like, so this is a dream come true.