• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
This looks really good. They've ported the series over to the Ni no Kuni battle system, which may have been just what it needed. I might finally pick up a Yo-kai Watch game whenever this releases in the West.

Ada

Nov 28, 2017
As long as the familiar AI is good i'm on board. If its anything like NNK1 its a definite no from me.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the people who really liked the battle system of the first few games. Still pumped for this, though. Looks really nice.
This makes me a bit worried, actually. I hope this isn't a hint at a possible YW character being part of the future Smash DLC.
Jibanyan being in would rule, actually.

Oct 25, 2017
I bounced off the new battle system hard in YW3 and this isn't doing a whole lot either. Everything else looks pretty rad but the battle stuff is making me uneasy.

Meffer

Oct 25, 2017
I had an absolute blast with Yokai Watch 3 (I couldn't wait and bought the EU version.) 4 looks really promising and I hope we get Blaster 2 and Snack World as well. I also saw they're doing something with LBX as well so I hope a new game comes from that.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, you dislike YW that much lol? Personally Jibanyan is one of my dream picks for Smash Bros.

I don't mind Yokai Watch, but I don't especially care about it. I'm pretty indifferent towards it. I don't play those games, but I was curious what it looked like on Switch. As for Smash, It's just that I'd rather Nintendo focused on character/series with more history, especially if it's gonna be paid DLC. Joker from Persona 5 is fine I guess because the series has been around for a while, but I wouldn't want too many recent characters, unless they're like ultra-super popular and already iconic. YW feels like it's already way past its prime. But anyway, I was just commenting on that aspect of the trailer, I don't want to derail the thread any further.

As for the trailer itself, it looks alright, though I can definitely that Level 5 bland touch that made me drop NNK back in the day.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind Yokai Watch, but I don't especially care about it. I'm pretty indifferent towards it. I don't play those games, but I was curious what it looked like on Switch. As for Smash, It's just that I'd rather Nintendo focused on character/series with more history, especially if it's gonna be paid DLC. Joker from Persona 5 is fine I guess because the series has been around for a while, but I wouldn't want too many recent characters, unless they're like ultra-super popular and already iconic. YW feels like it's already way past its prime. But anyway, I was just commenting on that aspect of the trailer, I don't want to derail the thread any further.

As for the trailer itself, it looks alright, though I can definitely that Level 5 bland touch that made me drop NNK back in the day.
Joker is hardly iconic. He's even newer than Jibanyan. And while Persona has been around for some time, it definitely didn't become notable until just a couple years ago unlike YW which had notoriety upon conception. Don't see the problem in giving more contemporary popular series that have much closer connections with Nintendo than Persona being repped.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played NNK so I don't have a familiar feel for the battle system, however it looks interesting. Not sure if this is coming to NA shores this year, but I hope it does or at least early 2020.

Would be cool if for this Level 5 localised this to be more faithful to the original text.
It's not the 90s anymore. Western audiences can handle playing a character from a different country.
Maybe, maybe they will keep the Shadowside protagonists names the same as it is in the original(but it seems like a small chance), but I doubt they are going to change Nate's name back to Keita or the Yokai's names back to their original names with exceptions like Jibanyan and the main town will still be called Springdale.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Framerate still looks like hot garbage. Unlike Ares, this is only launching on the Switch, so it doesn't have a beefier platform to lean on. This still needs a lot of work. Hilarious that they're still claiming Spring when that is 100% not happening

Inspirit

May 29, 2018
The battle system looks confusing, but let's not act like it wasn't in the first place. I'm not digging the art style though, I don't understand people online calling it incredible and wishing Game Freak would do the same with Pokemon. It's literally as lazy and simple as Pokemon Let's Go. Adding a cel-shading filter won't change that...

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Looks beautiful. Not a fan of NNK combat but it's fine.

Still have to play 3.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Here's hoping the next Pokemon looks significantly better than Let's Go. Because this game makes Let's Go look a gen behind.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The environments look rather small. Don't know if that's due to the demo restrictions or the areas are really small