• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
By the way, online clothing store Omocat is going to be selling offiical Yo-kai Watch t-shirts this Friday. First official merch we've had in a long time.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't bring myself to buy YW3 after the utter letdown I found Busters to be. I'm trying to hype myself because I do so enjoy the series, but it's tough.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I just can't bring myself to buy YW3 after the utter letdown I found Busters to be. I'm trying to hype myself because I do so enjoy the series, but it's tough.
I love the series, but Busters has never interested me for a second. It's a completely different thing compared to the main entries.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Went hogwild on YW3 in the past few weeks. I'm 123 hours in and still conceivably have quite a bit to do.

And now I'm considering buying a Japanese copy of YW4 soon because I'm insane. I probably won't in the end... but then I think about how it'd be fun to brush up on Japanese reading comprehension skills while playing. *thinking emoji*

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Went hogwild on YW3 in the past few weeks. I'm 123 hours in and still conceivably have quite a bit to do.

And now I'm considering buying a Japanese copy of YW4 soon because I'm insane. I probably won't in the end... but then I think about how it'd be fun to brush up on Japanese reading comprehension skills while playing. *thinking emoji*
Woah, 123 hours? That's insane.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Too much filler content, if you ask me. I'd like them to pare back on the breadth and add a little more depth.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen more than one person infer that there are a little over 100 Yo-kai in YW4, but I haven't seen anything about that in trailers or other official sources. Wonder where that's coming from.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Honestly ? Gameplay looks so much fun compared to pokemon. If pokemon made gameplay as fun and interactive as yokai watch 4 I wouldn't mind a bit if they made the game with only 200 pokemon or so.

Anyway does anyone know when is the localization for this game ? I really liked what I saw from the gameplay.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly ? Gameplay looks so much fun compared to pokemon. If pokemon made gameplay as fun and interactive as yokai watch 4 I wouldn't mind a bit if they made the game with only 200 pokemon or so.

Anyway does anyone know when is the localization for this game ? I really liked what I saw from the gameplay.

No idea. Level-5 is notoriously slow when it comes to localization.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
They honestly making a dumb mistakes not having them released world wide. The game would be more popular if they do so.

See, Level-5 doesn't just want the game out. They want the anime on TV, they want the toys on store shelves, you need the whole package if you want the game. Of course now things are... different. Though the games do decently (YW3 did surprisingly well on the eShop) and Level-5 seems pleased with the anime's performance on Disney since they put Inazuma Eleven Ares on there, however the merch is basically dead. Level-5 and Hasbro screwed the pooch on the toys hard. The only merch that exists now is expensive shirts from OMOCAT.
The whole "package deal" thing is probably why it's taken over two years to get Snack World (and we still don't have it)

At least they're still doing other collabs. The mobile game Knights Chronicle just started an event where you can pull various Yo-kai Watch characters. Likely because it's developed by Netmarble and they're working on a game called "Yo-kai Watch Medal Wars". Still, the American version of Knights Chronicle got the event so... maybe we'll be getting Medal Wars? Maybe?

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

If they're gonna bring it over here, it'll probably take two years at the least since it won't have the highest priority (and probably has a ton of dialogue). I'll just get it now and will probably buy it again when they release it over here.

But yeah, what I've seen has looked pretty fun 'n charming. I'm excited to hop in... and brush up on my Japanese along the way!

The Pokemon controversy has also been pretty god damn wacky, lmao. I'm one of those people who's been playing those games for twenty years, and I'm totally fine with not every pokemon being there.

Deleted member 40102

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
See, Level-5 doesn't just want the game out. They want the anime on TV, they want the toys on store shelves, you need the whole package if you want the game. Of course now things are... different. Though the games do decently (YW3 did surprisingly well on the eShop) and Level-5 seems pleased with the anime's performance on Disney since they put Inazuma Eleven Ares on there, however the merch is basically dead. Level-5 and Hasbro screwed the pooch on the toys hard. The only merch that exists now is expensive shirts from OMOCAT.
The whole "package deal" thing is probably why it's taken over two years to get Snack World (and we still don't have it)

At least they're still doing other collabs. The mobile game Knights Chronicle just started an event where you can pull various Yo-kai Watch characters. Likely because it's developed by Netmarble and they're working on a game called "Yo-kai Watch Medal Wars". Still, the American version of Knights Chronicle got the event so... maybe we'll be getting Medal Wars? Maybe?
They can still make worldwide release aligned with all that. It just seems like western market isn't a priority for them and I think its bad move. I believe if they gave western market as much priority as japan then the game will eventually be popular worldwide especially on switch.

If they're gonna bring it over here, it'll probably take two years at the least since it won't have the highest priority (and probably has a ton of dialogue). I'll just get it now and will probably buy it again when they release it over here.

But yeah, what I've seen has looked pretty fun 'n charming. I'm excited to hop in... and brush up on my Japanese along the way!

The Pokemon controversy has also been pretty god damn wacky, lmao. I'm one of those people who's been playing those games for twenty years, and I'm totally fine with not every pokemon being there.
Wait whaaat ?? 2 fkin years ???? Well shit I thought and gonna be able to play it at least by the end of the year.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Maybe this is a random question, but are we ever going to get the other Yokai watch movies localized? My daughter got a nekomata toy from Japan and really wants to watch the movie...

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this is a random question, but are we ever going to get the other Yokai watch movies localized? My daughter got a nekomata toy from Japan and really wants to watch the movie...
At this rate it seems unlikely. We don't even know if Shadowside will be localized yet.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The Level-5 panel is in about 45 minutes at Anime Expo. I didn't brave the insane lines today but hopefully there's at least some news. The name is "Inazuma Eleven Ares and More!" so I realize I'm putting a lot of hope in the "and more" part but I'm sure at least a cursory Q&A will bring Yo-kai Watch up.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Somebody also translated official info relating to updates in the coming months for YW4.

There'll be a free update in August that adds a map, more bosses, and other Yo-kai. They're apparently going to have paid DLC as well later in the year.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I just got the Switch version of YW1. I'm looking forward to putting in some hours.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, haven't updated this in ages. But we finally got a tiny bit of localization information.
Yo-kai Watch returned to Final Fantasy XIV, and with it we got the localized name for Snake King Kaira. He's now Lord Ananta. Naming him after the Ananta Shesha.
Still no word on when the game is coming. ... If the game is coming.

Last edited: