• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Yo-kai-Watch-14.jpg

Welcome to the ResetERA Yo-kai Watch Community

What is Yo-kai Watch?
It's a multimedia franchise from Level-5 that has just hit its fifth anniversary. Encompassing games, anime, and manga, the series has been a hit among kids and adults.

Games

Yo-kai Watch
Nintendo 3DS (2013 Japan, 2015 USA)

The first game in the series, introducing us to our protagonist Nate (or Katie) as he approaches a strange prize machine and pulls a capsule containing the ghost-like Yo-kai Whisper, who teaches him that Yo-kai are everywhere causing problems for people. He gives him the Yo-kai Watch which lets him find them.

latest
latest

Yo-kai Watch 2: Bony Spirits (Ganso) and Fleshy Souls (Honke)
Nintendo 3DS (2014 Japan, 2016 USA)

After Nate loses his memories of the Yo-kai Watch and all his friends, he must venture to reclaim them and find the one responsible for taking them. That includes traveling back in time to meet his grandfather in his youth, and learn that he invented the Yo-kai Watch.
A massive improvement over the first game, fixing several problems.

latest

Yo-kai Watch 2: Psychic Specters (Shinuchi)
Nintendo 3DS (2014 Japan, 2017 USA)

The definitive edition of Yo-kai Watch 2. Adds several new quests and Yo-kai, and an expanded Blasters mode. This is the version to get if you just want to try one of them.

latest
latest

Yo-kai Watch Blasters (Busters): Red Cat Corps and White Dog Squad
Nintendo 3DS (2015 Japan, September 2018 USA)

Take on the role of the Yo-kai themselves in this spin-off action RPG. Play with friends or go online to battle nasty boss Yo-kai. Includes several Ghostbusters references.

Games only in Japan (at the moment)

latest

Yo-kai Sangokushi
Nintendo 3DS (2016)

Another spin-off title, crossing over with Koei-Tecmo's Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Join a feudal Yo-kai warlord and take part in turn-based strategy battles.
Chances of coming over? Don't count on it. UPDATE: And it's more than likely not happening.

latest
latest

Yo-kai Watch 3: Sushi & Tempura
Nintendo 3DS (2016)

Yo-kai Watch goes American! Nate moves to America while his hometown of Springdale is protected by new protagonist Hailey Anne. Both go on their own journeys to figure out all the Yo-kai problems.

latest

Yo-kai Watch 3: Sukiyaki
Nintendo 3DS (2016)

An expanded third version that adds several new Yo-kai, bosses, and an expanded Treasure Blasters mode. It even received frequent updates.

91Tw-RgfNlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Yo-kai Watch 3 (International Edition) (2018 and 2019)

In a special version made only for Western audiences, play the definitive version of Yo-kai Watch 3 which combines all three versions into one. You might be here a while.

latest
latest

Yo-kai Watch Blasters 2: Secret Treasure of the Legendary Banbarayar: Sword & Magnum
Nintendo 3DS (2017)

Going more of an Indiana Jones route, Blasters returns to go on a big treasure hunt.
Chances of coming over? Maybe if they port it to Switch.

yo-kai-watch-4-1-1.jpg

Yo-kai Watch 4
Nintendo Switch (2019)

The franchise makes the jump to consoles. Little is known about the game other than the inclusion of the cast from Yo-kai Watch Shadowside, a sequel series set 30 years in the future featuring Nate's daughter as one of the protagonists.
I really hope we get this sooner rather than later.
UPDATE: Gameplay reveals it will play similar to the first Ni no Kuni, a big departure from the first three games.

Other games

Yo-kai Watch: Just Dance Special Version
Nintendo Wii U (2015)

A collaboration with Ubisoft, dance to your favorite Yo-kai tunes. Most of which never saw release in America due to copyright reasons. Don't expect this for several reasons.

latest

Yo-kai Watch Puni Puni
Mobile (2015)

A popular mobile puzzle game, take a team of Yo-kai and pop to defeat and befriend others.
It received a localization in America in 2016 and Europe in 2017 known as Yo-kai Watch Wibble Wobble. But due to dwindling players (thanks to many bad decisions), the games were discontinued. Though it still goes on in Japan.

There's also a 214 episode anime series, the Shadowside continuation that's still going, a manga with 9 volumes out in English (14 in total) and four movies with a fifth on the way. Oh and merchandise too I guess...

So come on out Era friends and let's discuss Specter Watch. Wait...

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Very cool thread. Big fan of the series, it's one of the few games that unites my kid, my partner and I, we all played the first two alongside each other, trading and sharing tips. Really hope the third game isn't passed over in favour of moving straight to 4.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh neat, a community thread. Love this series, and as a big SRPG fan I hope we get Sangokushi one day.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, finally. I need an Inazuma Eleven one too.

But anyway, am I the only one watching Shadowside?

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017

I'm watching it. It's pretty interesting so far, liking the more story-driven direction. Hopefully it doesn't become "endless".

The English dub has gotten weird. Not the new voices, they're fine. But they're mixing up episodes. The one that aired yesterday took segments from later in the series. It's like the Doraemon English dub that took random segments and just aired them with no concern for broadcast order or anything. I know part of it was that they couldn't air the segment involving Swosh but it really feels like they messed things up somehow.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I too am surprised this series didn't get a community thread yet. Another thread to watch for me.

Not sure if I want to get Cat/Dog squad as I wasn't that big of a fan of the Busters gameplay in Yokai Watch 2, however I really hope Yokai Watch 3 comes to the west.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Got Psychic Spectres for my daughter and she really liked it (not a big fan of Pokémon actually). So I am looking quite a bit toward either 3 or 4, whichever one comes first.

Miller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm watching it. It's pretty interesting so far, liking the more story-driven direction. Hopefully it doesn't become "endless".

The English dub has gotten weird. Not the new voices, they're fine. But they're mixing up episodes. The one that aired yesterday took segments from later in the series. It's like the Doraemon English dub that took random segments and just aired them with no concern for broadcast order or anything. I know part of it was that they couldn't air the segment involving Swosh but it really feels like they messed things up somehow.

This is because their intention is to ultimately skip specific segments completely. I have been watching the dub religiously since it premiered but this finally made me drop it.

With that said, really pumped for Busters getting localized. Excited to see the netplay scene around launch.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

I think I left off on episode 7 or so? I liked what I saw of it for sure. But like with YW I'll probably wait to get really into it until we get a dub.

I'll definitely have to import the game though. With this year being a Busters year, we're not getting YW4 until like 2020 unless they just decide to skip 3.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017

It's been a while since I watched the anime (though I actually caught a bit of the new dub on TV yesterday). What's the segment with Swosh referring to?

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
It's been a while since I watched the anime (though I actually caught a bit of the new dub on TV yesterday). What's the segment with Swosh referring to?

Episode 79 had a segment where they go to the beach. Eddie ends up acting really chill (like he takes a volleyball to the face and brushes it off). Nate learns it's because Swosh making him act that way. He wants to be like that too so Swosh inspirits him and Bear as well. They're acting chill, but then a wave washes away their swim trunks. Instead of freaking out, they brush it off and decide to wear things they find on the beach. Like a plastic bag, seaweed, a shell (with an uncomfortable close-up), a crab, and all three wear octopuses. Swosh then leaves and gives his medal.

The English dub removed it, replacing it with the segment from Episode 81 where Cadin returns and tries to stay awake for a concert.

Last edited:

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Episode 79 had a segment where they go to the beach. Eddie ends up acting really chill (like he takes a volleyball to the face and brushes it off). Nate learns it's because Swosh making him act that way. He wants to be like that too so Swosh inspirits him and Bear as well. They're acting chill, but then a wave washes away their swim trunks. Instead of freaking out, they brush it off and decide to wear things they find on the beach. Like a plastic bag, seaweed, a shell (with an uncomfortable close-up), a crab, and all three wear octopuses. Swosh then leaves and gives his medal.

The English dub removed it, replacing it with the segment from Episode 81 where Cadin returns and tries to stay away for a concert.
Oh, yup, now I remember that, lol.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually pretty hyped for Blasters.

I'm loving the story arcs. The current one is promising. Hime is such an interesting character, haha.

Jenoss

Oct 26, 2017
Hope to see a sort of remake for switch with multiple games united togheter, something like yokay watch 1-2-3..
I know that's not a old game and that didn't deserve already a remake/remaster , but, i really think that many didn't manage to try the series (especially on the west)

DanteRavenkin

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Aw, I love Yo-Kai Watch. I hope they do a Switch remake of the first couple games so people like me can catch up before the new future based one. I really wish Level 5 or whoever didn't mishandle the franchise so badly here in North America. It deserved better than it got.

edit: apparently I'm not the only one who wants remakes ^

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017

At least Nintendo is promoting Blasters. And even with that, people will still ask if there's online, because fuck doing research.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
We're definitely getting YW3, but I'm not sure beyond that. No idea how the anime's currently performing on Disney XD, but they do seem to play it side by side with Pokémon when there're new episodes.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
I heard the manga is doing well too. Viz mentioned it sells well along with Pokemon Adventures and the Splatoon manga.

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'd love to read a post-mortem on what happened with the Hasbro toyline. For those that don't know, here's a gist of it from what I recall..
Big write up on the Toys:
Bandai holds the license for YKW toys in Japan, making the medals, electronic watches, and other various toys. These toys were localized elsewhere, notably in Korea (where they seemingly exclusively got slotted medalliums like in the show, Japan only got one for vol 1 then switched to the plastic pages we got IIRC), and inexplicably, even in Singapore with the Asian English dub, and romanized names printed on each medal.
For some reason in the West, we got stuck with Hasbro instead, which opened up some interesting crossover potential (including YKW themed Monopoly Jr and Game of Life, but unfortunately are both awful).
The toys themselves were molded after the Bandai versions, but with strange alterations. The grooves on the bottom of each medal that the watch reads to detect what Yo-kai it is where shifted slightly askew, of which I can only assume was a scheme to prevent importing Japanese medals to use on your US watch, as they'd no longer fit, even though the grooves themselves were copied 1:1. This necessitated shifting the scanner on the watch itself, which destroyed the symmetry and made it way harder to use. Worse yet, apart from small changes like a bad watchface redesign, the LED was removed from the US version, and the volume was made significantly, downright obscenely louder than its Japanese counterpart. As if they were overcompensating for the muffling that would occur when it was worn on your wrist, but I imagine very few use it like that and even covered, it's painfully loud.
(And on the topic of anti-importation, which was a frustrating topic as someone who wanted to buy US medals to use on an imported watch: Through some hard modding I was able to make watches that could bypass this restriction by opening up the side of the medal opening. Starting with the Yo-Motion series of medals, Hasbro started to break with the established groove patterns, so medals no longer correspond to the same Yo-Kai between regions. Incredibly frustrating.)

For the medals themselves, the main collectible, it was a nightmare. With the original gray medals Hasbro made the decision to not bother printing the names of each Yo-Kai on the medals (like all Bandai versions). But instead of giving us cleaner art, the name space was just printed over with a generic pattern instead. To Hasbro's credit, they did move the copyright info to the bottom of the medal which was a good change.
Medals were also non-randomized within each 'booster box'. This was good in that every box had the same distribution of medals, so if you purchased a sealed box you guaranteed yourself a full set. The bad was that they didn't bother to at least scramble the packs, which meant that once someone discovered which pack in a box contained the Legendary (1 per box) medal, they could find it in every other box. Which meant if you bought from an opened box at retail, you'd pretty much be guaranteed not to get the Legendary. An absolute joke.

And that was just the start of headaches for collectors. Hasbro treated us to a really nice SDCC bundle of the 'Jewelnyan' set of medals, but apart from that, it was chaos.
IIRC, the medal booster boxes themselves did not have unique barcodes, which meant that retailers had no way to distinguish between a box of Series 1 medals, or series 2, 3, or 4. This meant that buying medals online was impossible, as was checking a stores stock. All you'd ever see was Series 1 listings.
To make matters worse, the way Hasbro handed sending stock to stores was abysmal. You could go to your local Walmart from the day the product line released to the day it disappeared and never see anything besides Series 1 (which was true for me, apart from the later Yo-Motion). You could never find Series 2/3/4 stocked in any store, and they made it near impossible to buy online.
Hasbro started to send their stock of products that you'd never even gotten the chance to buy directly to Dollar Stores, which was the fate of the plushes and figurines for most people, the obvious sign of the toyline's impending death.

All of this was navigable, still. But the worst came with promos. The first was prior to the toyline being released, NYCC Jibanyan medal, which as that (fan) name implies, was only released at NYCC. There was the Toys R Us exclusive 'Paws of Fury' medal for online preorders, then there was the Slush and Rattelle medals, exclusively given away for a limited time at GameStop for spending $10 and $20 respectively on YKW merch. And lastly was the Flumpy medal, same deal, except for spending $10 at Barnes & Noble. For some context, there are ~7,000 GameStops in the US, and there are ~<650 B&Ns. This made Flumpy significantly harder to find, and worse, I'd read a lot of people having trouble getting them even when they went, due to either bad distribution or bad communication at Hasbro's end. A frustrating time for those in the US, but for those in Canada/EU, some of those promos weren't even released. But the final kicker was the last US promo medal, a legendary: Gilgaros. Presumably. It was never announced, or clarified, but rather, was just silently included in shipments of YKW merch in orders made from GameStop over a short period of time. Isn't that insane? The Netherlands got it in a Nick magazine, apparently.
But US fans had the tables turned on them when YKW had more success elsewhere. Some of these might have seen wider distribution, but tmk: 'Gush' was an exclusive medal in France, 'Betterfly' and 'Coughkoff', and 'Jibanyan S' in Spain, 'Komasan S' for spending 30 Euros at GameStop and 'NyaKB Jibanyan' in Italy, and most annoyingly, Enefly and Flengu being exclusive to re-releases of YKW1 in Germany, IIRC? Among a bunch of others. Collectors needed to bend over backwards to import difficult to find medals overseas, or wait in hopes that Hasbro would distribute them everywhere..eventually. They never did.

As a final laugh, and the last slap in the face I can recall, with the release of Yo-Motion medals (where Hasbro took a unique divergence from Bandai's toys in that they added a couple of animation frames in each medal at the expense of the artwork, and a projection unit to the watch), Hasbro decided to inexplicably re-use artwork from the original series of medals for their Yo-Motion counterpart medals, in spite of the Japanese versions all having unique artwork to use already. Presumably in an attempt to double-charge us, once for the re-used art medal, and then for the original, new art medal. This, combined with their import crackdown, and asinine promo medal handling was where I gave up on the toy line, myself.

Unfortunately, it was later discovered that some of the Yo-Kai watch names spoken in the voicework when scanning unreleased medals in the watch were the original prototype names, giving us the reason for why some medals in the original base series were never released, and why they never will be, collectors can never have a complete set.

And worst of all, Hasbro still holds the license I guess. They've released the Prototype U watch as 'Model U', only in France from what I'd seen. And they doubled down on 'Yo-Motion', literally, by sticking another three holes in the artwork for 6 frames of animation.
But it's dead in the US.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to read a post-mortem on what happened with the Hasbro toyline. For those that don't know, here's a gist of it from what I recall..
Big write up on the Toys:
Bandai holds the license for YKW toys in Japan, making the medals, electronic watches, and other various toys. These toys were localized elsewhere, notably in Korea (where they seemingly exclusively got slotted medalliums like in the show, Japan only got one for vol 1 then switched to the plastic pages we got IIRC), and inexplicably, even in Singapore with the Asian English dub, and romanized names printed on each medal.
For some reason in the West, we got stuck with Hasbro instead, which opened up some interesting crossover potential (including YKW themed Monopoly Jr and Game of Life, but unfortunately are both awful).
The toys themselves were molded after the Bandai versions, but with strange alterations. The grooves on the bottom of each medal that the watch reads to detect what Yo-kai it is where shifted slightly askew, of which I can only assume was a scheme to prevent importing Japanese medals to use on your US watch, as they'd no longer fit, even though the grooves themselves were copied 1:1. This necessitated shifting the scanner on the watch itself, which destroyed the symmetry and made it way harder to use. Worse yet, apart from small changes like a bad watchface redesign, the LED was removed from the US version, and the volume was made significantly, downright obscenely louder than its Japanese counterpart. As if they were overcompensating for the muffling that would occur when it was worn on your wrist, but I imagine very few use it like that and even covered, it's painfully loud.
(And on the topic of anti-importation, which was a frustrating topic as someone who wanted to buy US medals to use on an imported watch: Through some hard modding I was able to make watches that could bypass this restriction by opening up the side of the medal opening. Starting with the Yo-Motion series of medals, Hasbro started to break with the established groove patterns, so medals no longer correspond to the same Yo-Kai between regions. Incredibly frustrating.)

For the medals themselves, the main collectible, it was a nightmare. With the original gray medals Hasbro made the decision to not bother printing the names of each Yo-Kai on the medals (like all Bandai versions). But instead of giving us cleaner art, the name space was just printed over with a generic pattern instead. To Hasbro's credit, they did move the copyright info to the bottom of the medal which was a good change.
Medals were also non-randomized within each 'booster box'. This was good in that every box had the same distribution of medals, so if you purchased a sealed box you guaranteed yourself a full set. The bad was that they didn't bother to at least scramble the packs, which meant that once someone discovered which pack in a box contained the Legendary (1 per box) medal, they could find it in every other box. Which meant if you bought from an opened box at retail, you'd pretty much be guaranteed not to get the Legendary. An absolute joke.

And that was just the start of headaches for collectors. Hasbro treated us to a really nice SDCC bundle of the 'Jewelnyan' set of medals, but apart from that, it was chaos.
IIRC, the medal booster boxes themselves did not have unique barcodes, which meant that retailers had no way to distinguish between a box of Series 1 medals, or series 2, 3, or 4. This meant that buying medals online was impossible, as was checking a stores stock. All you'd ever see was Series 1 listings.
To make matters worse, the way Hasbro handed sending stock to stores was abysmal. You could go to your local Walmart from the day the product line released to the day it disappeared and never see anything besides Series 1 (which was true for me, apart from the later Yo-Motion). You could never find Series 2/3/4 stocked in any store, and they made it near impossible to buy online.
Hasbro started to send their stock of products that you'd never even gotten the chance to buy directly to Dollar Stores, which was the fate of the plushes and figurines for most people, the obvious sign of the toyline's impending death.

All of this was navigable, still. But the worst came with promos. The first was prior to the toyline being released, NYCC Jibanyan medal, which as that (fan) name implies, was only released at NYCC. There was the Toys R Us exclusive 'Paws of Fury' medal for online preorders, then there was the Slush and Rattelle medals, exclusively given away for a limited time at GameStop for spending $10 and $20 respectively on YKW merch. And lastly was the Flumpy medal, same deal, except for spending $10 at Barnes & Noble. For some context, there are ~7,000 GameStops in the US, and there are ~<650 B&Ns. This made Flumpy significantly harder to find, and worse, I'd read a lot of people having trouble getting them even when they went, due to either bad distribution or bad communication at Hasbro's end. A frustrating time for those in the US, but for those in Canada/EU, some of those promos weren't even released. But the final kicker was the last US promo medal, a legendary: Gilgaros. Presumably. It was never announced, or clarified, but rather, was just silently included in shipments of YKW merch in orders made from GameStop over a short period of time. Isn't that insane? The Netherlands got it in a Nick magazine, apparently.
But US fans had the tables turned on them when YKW had more success elsewhere. Some of these might have seen wider distribution, but tmk: 'Gush' was an exclusive medal in France, 'Betterfly' and 'Coughkoff', and 'Jibanyan S' in Spain, 'Komasan S' for spending 30 Euros at GameStop and 'NyaKB Jibanyan' in Italy, and most annoyingly, Enefly and Flengu being exclusive to re-releases of YKW1 in Germany, IIRC? Among a bunch of others. Collectors needed to bend over backwards to import difficult to find medals overseas, or wait in hopes that Hasbro would distribute them everywhere..eventually. They never did.

As a final laugh, and the last slap in the face I can recall, with the release of Yo-Motion medals (where Hasbro took a unique divergence from Bandai's toys in that they added a couple of animation frames in each medal at the expense of the artwork, and a projection unit to the watch), Hasbro decided to inexplicably re-use artwork from the original series of medals for their Yo-Motion counterpart medals, in spite of the Japanese versions all having unique artwork to use already. Presumably in an attempt to double-charge us, once for the re-used art medal, and then for the original, new art medal. This, combined with their import crackdown, and asinine promo medal handling was where I gave up on the toy line, myself.

Unfortunately, it was later discovered that some of the Yo-Kai watch names spoken in the voicework when scanning unreleased medals in the watch were the original prototype names, giving us the reason for why some medals in the original base series were never released, and why they never will be, collectors can never have a complete set.

Unfortunately, Hasbro still holds the license I guess as they've released the Prototype U watch as 'Model U', only in France from what I'd seen. And they doubled down on 'Yo-Motion', literally, by sticking another three holes in the artwork for 6 frames of animation.
But it's dead in the US.

Pretty good write-up. That would explain why I only saw Series 1 in every store. That was a really dumbass move by Hasbro. It's like they sent the toyline to die.
Not to mention the overabundance of Whisper plushies compared to everyone else.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, they completely fumbled the toy line.

Seriously. They're still releasing toys in France, but they're not good. The medals now have like 4 holes and they look ugly.
It's a double edged sword really. We either don't get toys, or we get ugly toys. At least I saw someone in a Jibanyan shirt the other day so the franchise has fans. Just wish we had more to put our money towards.

I hope Hasbro doesn't screw up Power Rangers...

shoyz

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
6 holes, actually. I felt conflicted about Yo-Motion as it does give the Hasbro medals a cool, unique feature in contrast to the Bandai medals, and gives them more toy/play value, but for collectors it does a number on the artwork/aesthetic which is what most people actually collect them for (I think).
A Yo-Motion casualty, Kyryn:
Yo-Motion 2x, Usapyon:
The 'Yo-Motion 2x' line is even faithfully continuing the Hasbro tradition of reusing artworks, including gray medal Wazzat and Yo-Motion's Terrorpotta.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
And this is why Snack World is likely never getting a release outside of Japan. At least not with all the physical collectibles.

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Hasbro definitely put way too much stock into physical merchandise, and that bit them in the ass hard. Kids in general don't buy physical toys all that much anymore, though I guess those kinds of ventures are at least a little more successful in Japan.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree about kids not buying physical merchandise as my kids, my nieces and nephews and all the neighborhood kids all have more toys than I ever did.

The problem with YW was that the quality of the watch was low and it didn't do much. It was also loud as shit and nearly unintelligible. It didn't help that the watch was also gigantic and built for adults. If the discs did more than play the intro music and have the Yokai say its name or catchphrase that would have been cool, but it didn't so the kids got bored super quick. The discs were also a pain for some of them to put in as they had to be perfectly aligned.

The Motion stuff was better, but still low quality.

tldr The Watch and discs were kind of lame and while some of the other toys were neat, the game and anime failed to catch fire in the same way as in Japan. Plus the kids were smart enough to get all the codes online so why buy packs?

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought some YW merch, but I never cared about the actual Watch/Medallions. Seemed like a waste of money tbh.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
I think Level-5 should work with a smaller toy company and release like mini-vinyl figures that come in boxes.
Not Funko Pop, but the other kinds.

Harmonius

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I knew I wasn't alone in enjoying this franchise. Running gag between me and my friend is that while I'm one of the apparent dozens online who liked Yo-kai Watch, he's one of the dozens who liked TMS#FE.

I almost wonder if Nintendo of America's going to skip over Yo-kai Watch 3 in localizing the games in favor of getting 4 out at a relevant point. I don't think the western release of 1 coming out 2 years after the Japanese release really helped matters out, and neither has the yearly releases of the game/poor quality of the toys.

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I just got Psychic Specters a couple of hours ago on sale for 25€.
Hope I made a good choice, I always wanted to give this franchise a go!

Zeroro

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I just got Psychic Specters a couple of hours ago on sale for 25€.
Hope I made a good choice, I always wanted to give this franchise a go!
Didn't really have the money to double dip after buying regular ol' YW2, but Psychic Specters does a good job of expanding on the content that's already there. Assuming you end up liking the general style of gameplay, I think you'll have a great time with it.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
It's International Cat Day. Of course, the Twitter celebrates it.

Not only them, but Nintendo too. Complete with the new B-Jibanyan outfit.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
They're inconsistent on the censorship of Usapyon's Invader Mode in the anime. Last week it was shown, this week it wasn't.

I'm amazed they're showing the Komasan Cab segments. It was made in response to legit viewer complaints in Japan so I thought they wouldn't address them here since I don't think American parents complained about them.

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017

Confirmation that Whismellowman has been changed to Whisped Cream.
Interesting to note is that in WibWob, that was his intended name but was kept as Whismellowman and they kept his Japanese design.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I'm only just seeing this thread!
I'm super excited for the Busters release soon! Have both versions preordered

OP
OP
DanarchyReigns
Oct 25, 2017
Less than two weeks to Blasters.
You can preload the game on the eShop now. Getting the digital versions gets you a bonus Yo-kai. Red Cat gets you Maginyan and White Dog gets you Sir Nyansalot.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah me too. Being a physical "luddite", it's annoying that digital buyers have an advantage. Especially now that the merch is dead and any possible pack-in medals have been killed. Japan got medals of Rubeus J and Hardy Hound
I know nothing about Blasters besides that I'm buying them and they're an enhanced version of the mini game in 2.
Is there trading? Will the digital folks be able to trade us their exclusives?