• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Whenever I click the insert drop down menu and select media and paste my imgur link, I get these imgur borders surrounding my image. How are people posting images and screenshots without the imgur border?

Example:

Sorry to feel like such a noob, I never thought I'd have to ask this lol

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
You should see the option to "get share links" on or near the upper right of the image. Click that and then copy the appropriate URL.

I usually copy the URL in the bottom left box, and delete the image tags if I don't need them.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I do that, I get an error saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator"

Works fine for me?

Edit: Also yeah make sure it's the individual picture's URL

IPQiC7v.jpg

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
vVQFzYJ.jpg

Youre clicking the media icon (red) instead of the image one (yellow). Click the yellow one.
Whenever I do that, I get an error saying, "Something went wrong. Please try again or contact the administrator"
The image icon will only take image links (something that ends on .jpg, jpeg, png, etc....) while the media icon is able to figure out the image link from an album imgur link. Try right clicking the actual image on imgur for the direct image link or copy the link given when clicking download image on imgur.

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I tried the image icon, after media failed. The image icon is giving me the error.

edit: okay if I copy the link imgur gives me directly, it fails. if I right click the image like you said, and copy the image link through that and then select the picture icon, it works?

IPQiC7v.jpg

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Share link or BBCode? I tried both and get the same error.
You want to either copy paste the bb code directly into the forum reply box, skipping either icons or click the download image link and paste that into the image icon box.

So the image icon will take : "https://i.imgur.com/IPQiC7v.jpg”
Or just paste the text in the bb code section and it'll format correctly when you preview or post it: "[img\\\\ ]https://i.imgur.com/IPQiC7v.jpg[/img]" without the \

OP
OP
criteriondog

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, so what works for me is post to imgur, then right click, "Copy imgur URL" and post it using the image icon. Is this similar for mobile (iOS)?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
In the imgur app on phones when you are looking at a picture click it, it will kinda zoom it like it's selected, click the download / share button from there and it will have the img url (w/ .png, .jpg, etc) at the end and that one embeds.

On desktop it's easy as you said just right click, on iOS use my instructions above in the app.

Alternatively in Safari you can hold to copy the image, and if you paste that image into the URL bar it will paste the url to the image. You can then select all and copy.

DPT120

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, OP. I've always wondered how to do this. I've done it once then forgot.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I haven't been posting images for 20years. A long time ago I used to on old invisionfree boards, but then I took a long break from message boards and then kinda forget, minus here and there.
I dunno, I've been using imgur BBcode copy for nearly a decade now. Don't know how you could use the site and not see the obvious sharing tools. Or in absence of that, copy the actual URL and insert with IMG tags.

masaa

Oct 27, 2017
France
This thread is a good opportunity for me to mention that you can also directly resize your picture without using a graphics editor just by clicking on it when writing your post.

IPQiC7v.jpg