• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
996.gif

it looks like a The Office scene :'D

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Just imagine.

Switch Holiday 2018

Super Smash Bros. Switch
Animal Crossing
Pokemon
Yokai Watch 4

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
if you want yw alive please pray that pokémon is a 2019 title
If Yokai Watch launches in July (all mainline entries have), then I think they should have enough distance to both be successful.
I'm sorry...It's just Fire Emblem isn't as big as those titles yet (Maybe Yokai Watch level? Or maybe FE is bigger)
Just in Japan Yokai Watch is signficantly larger, worldwide the two are closer, but I still think Yokai Watch is slightly larger.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting - didn't we think this was going to go PS4/Switch like the other Level-5 properties? Looking forward to the game either way, since this necessitates a new, hopefully non-terrible battle system.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
Btw why is it assumed that it's Switch exclusive? (as opposed to Switch , PS4 , PC like we see a lot of lately )

Can't read Japanese, and the Tweet doesn't seem to say anything that rules out other platforms

GSR

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, no word on YW4 in the Famitsu previews. Maybe they're holding it back, or maybe it's being announced in some other venue?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yesss!

I was playing NNK1 yesterday and my thoughts constantly wandered towards "Man, I really want a Yo-kai Watch in HD!"

I want Yo-kai Watch 3 too, though.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Btw why is it assumed that it's Switch exclusive? (as opposed to Switch , PS4 , PC like we see a lot of lately )

Can't read Japanese, and the Tweet doesn't seem to say anything that rules out other platforms
The platform was announced in a magazine (Corocoro magazine), which is not a Nintendo-oriented magazine, so if they don't mention a PS4 version, then it hasn't been announced. Maybe they announce one in the future, but it hasn't currently been announced. As such, the idea that might be Switch exclusive is not unwarranted (especially since the other Yokai Watch games have been 3DS exclusive, even in the west).

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I guess they're probably going to use NnK2 engine, scaled of course, and in case this will be quite the looker then.

Deleted member 2793

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It's in the site "Switch『妖怪ウォッチ4』".

I also wouldn't expect it on PS4, much less PC. Inazuma is getting a PS4 version because it was greenlighted before the Switch and the PS4 is strong in Europe, a big market for it.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Wether it's a failsafe or not, it's always better to release it on multiple platforms than one.
I never said it was. Just stated that IE Ares PS4/multi was announced during a time were L5 didnt expect the Switch to be a viable system.

Same way SE announced their big japanese games for PS4/XBO at the begging of the gen - when the PS4 took off and they realized where there main audience was they scaled back on XBO announcements.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017

tiebreaker

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping they will start afresh and made it multiplatform like Shin Yokai Watch or something. But, I'm still interested to see how the game will turn out moving to a HD platform.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If the publishing costs offset the lost sales from other platforms, then sure. But it's not really like Level 5 is a struggling company like NIS was for example.
Guess you could add advertisement from the platform holder which is fair.

:/

I don't know where you got the idea NIS is struggling, but Level 5 last few releases hasn't exactly been successful, including NnK2.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Has that localization been confirmed or are we just assuming it will eventually come?.

Not officially to the public, but France is already broadcasting the season 03 based on the videogame and Viz Media did a private schedule of the franchise for business people in Spain last year where it estimated the game will launch this year.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
I head Inazuma Eleven is very popular in Europe (makes sense, since it's football), and in Europe PS4 is by far the biggest system, so that one makes sense in that regard. Yokai Watch was mostly big in France I believe, and in France Nintendo is very big, so I think they have less incentive to bring Yokai Watch to PS4 than they have for Inazuma Eleven.
Inazuma's not really all that popular in Europe. I think the anime is pretty successful in a few countries (Italy and Spain, I believe?) but completely unknown in others (Germany for example). Inazuma Eleven Go 2 released 3 years ago in Europe and yet there's no sign Go 3 will ever make it over — when the involved parties can't justify to bring the latest game over then I think that's all that needs to be said about Inazuma's popularity, really.

Heart_Attack

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Guess Level 5 loves burning their IPs to the ground. I don't see how Yokai on Switch will save a dying fad in Japan.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know where you got the idea NIS is struggling, but Level 5 last few releases hasn't exactly been successful, including NnK2.
WAS, don't forget to make that word bold too. But it doesn't matter anyway as that NIS dev said that if Disgaea 5 failed they would close up shop jokingly. Never saw that update, so oops :S