• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yoonshik

Oct 26, 2017
yakoi-watch-1beyl.png

Finally! : ]

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Probably the one Level-5 franchise I'm not particularly interested in, but I'm happy for anyone pumped for this.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Yeah, is this new Yo-kai Watch getting the new artstyle showed awhile ago or is a "proper" Yo-kai Watch entry following the previous episodes?

BGBW

Oct 25, 2017
When the 3DS upsets you so much you literally start making up scenarios of it 'taking Switch games' to lament about.

Halabane

Nov 10, 2017
Please no...let the 3DS just die. I know it has a big audience, but you get people to go to the next platform by stopping releases on the old one. We don't need games being held back by the 3DS.

The switch has exactly the SAME problem vita had. You can't travel with it easily as compared to the clamshell design of the 3ds. Worse those controllers on the side are very fragile. The battery life sucks so besides the huge case to protect the switch you need to bring a battery brick. I got thru PAX east this past week without having to charge during the day my 3ds while doing streetpass. Actually I like the graphics on the 3ds better than the switch...what did he say? Because the text is often scaled too small to read on the handhelds, you need a magnifying glass, the text was scaled for a small screen on the 3ds so its easy to read. They really need to work on that. I talked to some devs about that at PAX and they were also concerned about it for games like RPGs with lots of text to read.

I hope (I know it won't happen) that an updated 3ds with a better display and processor happens. I love my switch. Its great around the house but no way is it useful for everyday travel like the 3ds is. What kills the 3ds is not the switch but the cell phone. I know I have to accept it but man what a great device / family the ds / gameboy is/was.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Only Switch? I was really thinking Level 5 would double down on Switch/PS4 for all their big games, now that there's no dedicated handheld system (i count Switch as a hybrid, not a standalone handheld).

Just to make it clear, this is not a port-beg. I'm just curious that Level 5 seems to have different platform strategies for their game series, with Inazuma seemingly being both Switch and PS4.

Btw. is this going to be the game with those new, extremely creepy and unsettling designs for the Yokai?

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I hope people appreciate the irony of people port begging for a game to come to another system. I mean, you're right that for every game would be best if it came to all systems, but the same is true for games that are not on Switch.

Only Switch? I was really thinking Level 5 would double down on Switch/PS4 for all their big games, now that there's no dedicated handheld system (i count Switch as a hybrid, not a standalone handheld).

Btw. is this going to be the game with those new, extremely creepy and unsettling designs for the Yokai?
Japan seems to see it as a handheld system, so in that sense the choice is not surprising with L5's track record. I could see them release on multiple platforms in the West, though, although that would also make sense for the earlier versions (then again, porting from Switch to other systems is easier than from 3DS to those platforms).

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Japan seems to see it as a handheld system, so in that sense the choice is not surprising with L5's track record. I could see them release on multiple platforms in the West, though, although that would also make sense for the earlier versions (then again, porting from Switch to other systems is easier than from 3DS to those platforms).

Yeah, Switch was pretty much set in stone for the Yokai games, but like i mentioned in my edited post above, it's more that L5 seems to have different platform strategies for their "main" series, with the next Inazuma being multiplatform iirc. ^^

Ubiblu

Banned
Dec 20, 2017
Despite being a grown ass man with a family, I've put more time into YW 1/2/3 than the rest of my entire 3DS collection over the past few years (500 hours+). These games are insanely addictive with their bullshit gatcha / RNG-based capture mechanics. They also help keep my Japanese up.

So psyched for YW4 on Switch!