• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017

This man be self aware.

edit: actual translation

Screenshot_2020-09-27_How_Square_Enix_Is_Managing_Hype_Expectations_For_Final_Fantasy_XVI.png

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
It's a fantastic news that they are not going for extremely realistic graphics.

Last edited:

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Definitely feeling late 2021/early 2022 vibes. Yoshida as the producer means we're getting a quality production shipped on time and on budget.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
I thought graphics looked amazing but I guess lot of people are never satisfied no matter what.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Chad Yoshida throwing shade at Americans and also devs who put out bait trailers.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly wonder if he had to convince SE to allow him to reveal it with gameplay and not a CGI trailer.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing the Japanese fanbase don't make those tired jokes then, lol.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I thought graphics looked amazing but I guess lot of people are never satisfied no matter what.

I thought they looked good, but I feel like it's a step down from FF7R. I know it looks a lot more open but I would think a ps5 open world game could look about equal to a linear current gen game. I'm sure it will look a lot better by the time it's done

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Excited for that teaser site in October, hope we get some character names and renders.

Personally guessing an early 2022 release at this point. I think a 2021 release is possible but if it was concrete they'd have led with it.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to see this running on an actual PS5. I bet it ends up looking a lot better. I'm thinking that this releases 2022.

Orioto

Oct 26, 2017
Paris
The 4k trailer already showing some really detailed, i have hope the final thing will deliver next gen worthy wow.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
This is all sounds great. As a big ff fan, I am about as excited as I usually am for a new FF game, but probably have a higher confidence than usual that this is going to be excellent.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Excited for that teaser site in October, hope we get some character names and renders.

Personally guessing an early 2022 release at this point. I think a 2021 release is possible but if it was concrete they'd have led with it.

Wouldn't be shocked if theirs plans was FFXIV expansion at its usual slot with 16 being the big fall title but when COVID hit and 14's patches and expansion got delayed, 16 got pushed into the following year.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lol calling me out here though I can't hate, he's right. Hopefully it ends up being great.

Elyian

Feb 7, 2018
I wish more devs would take some ques from Yoshi and team in this regard. I love the fact that we saw nearly 4 minutes of meaty footage rather than a CG reel that doesn't really capture what the final product would be like. Also glad that this is much further along than most of us originally thought, exciting to have a reveal of a new FF entry and not have to wait too long for the actual game to release. Hoping this becomes the norm for SE!

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
It looks great and I ask anyone that has not seen it in 4k to see it on their tv youtube app. The hair, faces, character clothing cloth material and the armor IMO all look better than XV. I do not think i am exaggerating.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was initially whelmed("it looks like a FFXIV expansion!") by the trailer, I thought the 4K trailer looked good.

golguin

Oct 29, 2017
Yoshi P shows exactly why FF14 stays on track with such a great output in terms of quality and quantity. The guy who fixed FF14 keeps development based in reality.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I thought the game looked really good. Not the best of the next gen showcases, but it was running real-time, and is probably a year or more away from release, so I don't think we need to worry about that too much at this stage.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
I don't think people stating "see you in 2035" were necessary referring to lower-quality graphics but simply just Square-time of announcing stuff waaay too early.

If anything, the perfectly average real-time graphics of this game reveal makes me feel positive of the change in Square Enix attitude. This feels real and what's being reported is that it's well underway and closer then expected. I would love for Final Fantasy games to release more frequently again like back in the day, every 3~4 years. They got way too hung up about Pixel perfection starting with the Final Fantasy Spirits Within movie and the PS2/PS3 era.

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017
Thank god SE is learning from the past.

Although I would of liked to see some CGI since FF15 barely had any and that was a disappointment.

Templeusox

Oct 25, 2017
I think the graphics looked fine, the lighting was just a little flat. I'm sure that will be touched up as development continues. Game looks hype as hell though. The trailer was so well-edited and paced.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Good on him making fun of the dickheads who say "see you in 203x".

Glad this game is making good progress. Can't wait to see more next month.

Spehornoob

Nov 15, 2017
Yoshi-P is exactly the kind of blood the franchise needs.

Someone with enough respect for the franchise's legacy, but also pragmatic enough to understand what the faults have been the past few years.

Plus, godlike Project Management skills.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Beautiful, well done

I thought that the first shot at the campfire was instantly recognisable as Final Fantasy and something about looked next gen, of course as the trailer went on there were rough spots but it still looks great

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm telling you that for a fact because 2 insiders mentioned it, one of them publicly on here.

I don't buy it. At most it was possibly a very slim chance even before COVID. 14 might be an mmo but it's audience overlaps and so they wouldn't want the two games competing.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I appreciated that it looked pleasantly realistic in that it doesn't bankrupt the company in terms of cost of development.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I'm glad they showed gameplay and not a teaser. Even if it looks rough in terms of graphics. Worth a PS5 alone

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I mean SE brought this on themselves with how they completely mismanaged the development for FF15. I'm excited for this, but you can't exactly blame people for being skeptical of when it will release after the disaster that was FF Versus 13/FF 15.