• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
blog.ja.playstation.com

『FINAL FANTASY XVI』試遊レビュー&インタビュー! 本格アクションで感じる召喚獣の圧倒的存在感!

『FINAL FANTASY XVI』メディアツアーでの試遊レビュー&インタビュー! 本格アクションバトルはハイテンポで戦略的に、召喚獣合戦では圧倒的パワーを体感できる!
Taken from the JP PS Blog and run through DeepL.
First of all, it is true that "FINAL FANTASY XVI" is a six-month timed exclusive on the PS5 platform. However, that and the PC version coming out six months later are two completely different stories. I want to make it clear that the PC version will not be released in six months.
Because we have spent a lot of time and money optimizing the PS5 platform in order to deliver the best gaming experience possible. Of course, we would like to release a PC version at some point so that as many people as possible can play the game. However, if we start optimizing the PC version after the PS5 version is released, we will not be able to optimize it in six months, so it will not be released in a short span of six months. We would like to release it eventually, and I think we will, but right now we are not at the stage where we can say when.
First of all, I would be happy if you could play the PS5 version, which we have been working on to make the best game in the world. If the PC version comes out in six months, I may quit the company (laughs). I hope you will enjoy the PS5 version first, without saying, "I won't buy the PS5 version because the PC version will be released in six months anyway.
Was hoping we could possibly see a quick turnaround between the PS5 and PC launches but it's probably not too realistic. I'm just hoping we don't have to wait as long as we did for the XV PC port (though it's understandable if they want to go hard on all the extra bells and whistles).

Walnut

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
Austin, TX
I don't understand why he would be so insistent that the entire player base only play it on a specific console

g.a.u

Oct 31, 2017
I won't buy the PS5 version because the PC version will be released in six months anyway

Sep 13, 2022
I'll wait man
That's dissapointing that they dont work on these things at the same time. Is Square that small when it comes to mainline titles?

Syne

Feb 5, 2023
UK
and how many months for them to optimize the xbox version, huh?? 😭😭😭

Square:

hysterical-laughter.gif

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
Another reminder from devs that there is no magic 'port game' button and that porting is actually an expensive and time consuming process.

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just impressed that the translation is pretty much 100% accurate. It's not just artists that are on the chopping block due to AI advances, translators are gonna be almost totally redundant at some point. An editor is gonna be all that's needed, and even they won't be safe for very long :/

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
I won't buy the PS5 version because the PC version will be released in six months anyway

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I'm just impressed that the translation is pretty much 100% accurate. It's not just artists that are on the chopping block due to AI advances, translators are gonna be almost totally redundant at some point. An editor is gonna be all that's needed, and even they won't be safe for very long :/
Now that you say, I see what you mean

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The PS exclusivity time period is bad enough, needing to wait year(s) for the PC version really reduces my interest considerably. Will play eventually I guess.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Just how much money did Sony spend on this thing

If the PC version comes out in six months, I may quit the company (laughs).

big "i will cut off my own head" energy

It's pretty annoying to dick around PC gamers like this.

Slushimi

Oct 30, 2017
I want to play the game but that means getting a PS5 for one game, so

behOemoth

Oct 27, 2017
I'll wait man
That's dissapointing that they dont work on these things at the same time. Is Square that small when it comes to mainline titles?
As far as I recall, there are several interviews where they stated that the main thing why FF14 isn't on xbox (after they allowed cross-play) is because they can't deal with too many platforms.

CornIsGood

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I'll want to play it anyway (not a fan of turn-based series going full action combat), but if I do I don't mind waiting for six months after the PC version releases and I can grab it for half price.

Oct 30, 2017
I don't mind waiting. I'm pretty good at avoiding spoilers. I'm certainly not going to buy a Playstation any time soon--probably never again.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Glad he was open about this. There will no doubt be a PC version but it looks like with the pandemic they've prioritized the PS5 version. Square losing Nixxes must really hurt for them with how bad some of their PC ports have been lately.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
As a big user of DeepL, we're not there yet. It gets tons of things wrong from minor to larger. And I wouldn't ever use it to translate literature, only operational texts like this.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
i also assume that when it comes to pc it will be epic exclusive for at least 6 months. that said ive already decided that because i game on xbox i wont be getting this anyways.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
If Starfield hits June 23 i might skip the PS5 version and wait for the PC port, unless it's a 10/10 banger.

Diablo 4, SF6 and potentially Starfield are already too much to handle.

CrazyHal

Nov 1, 2017
Imo it's pretty odd that main line FF games comes out on PC way later when other Square games comes out on PC day one.

Marche90

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with not playing FFXVI, thanks. I highly doubt I will be able to run the game on my current pc, as it is, since I use an old Sandy bridge processor, which does not run Forespoken due to a lack of AVX2. Also, with the economy as it is I doubt I'll get a PS5 anytime soon, especially not when with sales I can buy a Series S for nearly a third of the cheapest PS5 available here in Mexico

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Glad he was open about this. There will no doubt be a PC version but it looks like with the pandemic they've prioritized the PS5 version. Square losing Nixxes must really hurt for them with how bad some of their PC ports have been lately.

Nixxes never worked on any of square's japanese releases anyway. I dont think that wouldve made a difference to their recent ports and FF16.