• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sebastopa

Apr 27, 2018
So, either this was taken from this 4chan leak a few weeks ago, or...I don't even know? Maybe some of these are actually real?

EDIT: Folks, I'm obviously not suggesting those titles are real. I'm saying perhaps a few real ones are in there with the fakes, or it was complete luck that that 4chan person happened to put in what may be the real name.

JoOE4Cr.jpg
Shit plz be real lol

Kirby Warriors GOTY

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
This is obviously fake as hell, but Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin 4 are all my top desired games right now on Switch. So I'm really upset that this isn't even remotely plausible.

FWIW, as other posters have mentioned, some of the titles are unquestionably fake but it could be a list mixing fake and real to throw people off. The poster below compiled a list of those that seem potentially real. I would be super psyched to see many of those. Especially Paper Mario and Pikmin as you mentioned also. :)

At the same time I should really not let myself believe these as significantly possible lest they end up being fake and I end up feeling disappointed.

Here are the titles that don't jump out to me as being obviously fake from that post. I've highlighted the ones that I personally feel may have a shred of legitimacy to them, but am ignoring third party titles.
  • PUBG
  • MK8D DLC Pack 1
  • Metroid Prime 4: Alteration (on the fence on overall fakeness here)
  • Animal Crossing: Town Founder
  • New Super Mario Bros. Collection
  • Paper Mario: Clay Catastrophe
  • Overwatch
  • Yoshi's Crafted World
  • Mario, Sonic, and Pac-Man at the 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games
  • Nintendo World
  • Punch-Out!! A New Challenger!
  • Pikmin 4
  • Switchmo

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Enrico25
Could you elaborate on your comments please? I'm just going to talk in circles otherwise
Look, I don't know exactly why you are defending him like you know what his inner thoughts are, I commented on his comment at face value because I found it to be disrespectful to the victims of a tragedy. If he wants he can come and defend himself.

But anyway I will stop now, already made my point and this is just needless off-topic.

Enrico25

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Enrico25
Could you elaborate on your comments please? I'm just going to talk in circles otherwise
I didn't mean to be disrespectful. I was just saying that probably next week some announcement will be leaked (like by Famitsu) so Nintendo has to upload the Direct as soon as possible.
Even a month delay would be fine by me. I'm obviously concerned about the poor Japanese people affected by the earthquake but this isn't the delay topic so I didn't talk about it.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Someone was clearly not around in the Wii U / Project Cafe / Weinerpoop days

https://www./threads/project-cafe-rumor-cafe-weinerpoop-post-7513.429803/post-28315367

Dude i was there when the N64 was unveiled (yes, i'm old-ish). And no i didn't believe something that has the name Weinerpoop ... i mean, i can't even type that word without laughing, good grief. ^^

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not getting anything Yoshi to show up in any game page's suggestions. I just see "Yoshi for Nintendo Switch (working title)" in the all games menu.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's possible, but what are the odds? Seems unlikely. This random 4chan guy saw it, and no one else on here or any other site saw it. ehhhh

A bunch of people probably saw it but nobody cared enough or made the connection to post it on twitter as a leak. And anyway how often do people actually look at the "you may also like" list on their website?

I seriously doubt this first appeared today.

Joegrine_25

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
So, either this was taken from this 4chan "leak" a few weeks ago, or...I don't even know? Maybe some of these are actually real?

EDIT: Folks, I'm obviously not suggesting those titles are real. I'm saying perhaps a few real ones are in there with the obvious fakes to avoid suspicion, or it was complete luck that this 4chan person happened to put in what may end up being the real name.

JoOE4Cr.jpg

oh

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
"Crafted World" for a game taking place in a world of crafts is not some completely unpredictable thing, after the last game was called Woolly World for taking place in a world of wool.

I mean, it's not outside the realm of possibility that someone knew the actual title and wanted to leak it alongside a bunch of obviously fake stuff to be cheeky about it, but still.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
If more stuff get leaked before the direct it would be sad considering the reason why they're delaying it in the first place.

Really disgusting actually.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
So, either this was taken from this 4chan "leak" a few weeks ago, or...I don't even know? Maybe some of these are actually real?

EDIT: Folks, I'm obviously not suggesting those titles are real. I'm saying perhaps a few real ones are in there with the obvious fakes to avoid suspicion, or it was complete luck that this 4chan person happened to put in what may end up being the real name.

JoOE4Cr.jpg

all these potential GOTY megatons and yet i'm still most hyped for mario & sonic tokyo 2020

i need professional help

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017

JoOE4Cr.jpg
Fart Fucking Mania

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If more stuff get leaked before the direct it would be sad considering the reason why they're delaying it in the first place.

Really disgusting actually.

Stuff is going to leak from media outlets that had embargoes ending today or tomorrow, you can count on that. Though I guess they technically won't be leaks.

But it's hard to expect every single media outlet with information to respectfully hold onto their info when there's no legal assurance from other outlets that they won't publish an article before the Direct.

May 5, 2018

JoOE4Cr.jpg
Is WarioWare: Fart Mania gonna have Wario pretend to be a wrestler and he'll say "Whatcha gonna do, when me WAAAARIO, and my fartamaniacs, drop gas all over you!?"

Metroid Equestrian Racers though should be the obvious red flag here. How could you make a game where Samus and Ridley ride horses? Also horses don't exist in the Metroid verse right.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I really loved Woolly World, but this game just looks like a less imaginative re-skin of that game. Can't gt excited for it at all.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
What does this have to do with the Direct? It leaked before the Direct was originally scheduled to air anyway.

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017
Beside that it's a game I'm quite looking forward to.
I like wooly world and I also enjoyed what I saw of the switch one at E3 2017.
Stuff is going to leak from media outlets that had embargoes ending today or tomorrow, you can count on that. Though I guess they technically won't be leaks.

But it's hard to expect every single media outlet with information to respectfully hold onto their info when there's no legal assurance from other outlets that they won't publish an article before the Direct.
Unfortunately.
Still, every single media throwing an info because of nda out are shit for me because there would be no respect.

I won't change my stance on that, that's for sure.
Whether it's news I crave to know or not I don't care. Damn... money over life, how cool is that -_-.
The information is delayed "because of" a tragedy.
Anyone taking advantage of that won't get my respect. Whether they have the "right" to do it or not.

Last edited:

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Crafted World, huh? I think there will be something Labo related with this game.

Also, if Yoshi's part of the Direct, then i want Fire Emblem too.