• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona

FF16 producer Yoshida featured
in Uniqlo's magazine this month with the release of the FF 35th anniversary T-shirts. Here's what he said near the end of the interview about 16:

Right now the development of FF16 is in its final stage. As a single player game, we are aiming to integrate story and gameplay even further. Different to a game where many people play online at the same time, the extent to which the game has an individual focus changes how immersed you are in the story. I think it's become a story with quite a lot of depth. To people who have grown up, entered working society and think "reality isn't as easy-going as a video game", and at some point ended up separating from Final Fantasy, we want to want them to remember their passion from back then. We're making the game with that intention.

Credit to u/MKillerby from Reddit for the translation.

And @alberich_ff14 from Twitter for sharing the interview

reset.gif

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
As soon as there is a Square or Sony conference, we know it will be there.

but I also don't believe it is this year. Early next year. Perfect March game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Don't worry Yoshi-P I never lost my passion for the IP and FF14 pushed it even higher than ever before, I trust you.

Now gimme that showcase pretty please with the 2022 release.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This is great news but people will act like the game will be delayed tons. I wouldn't be surprised if this is out before FF VII R 2

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The lack of updates has been a shame but it's great that they're seemingly sticking to what they said about not showing more of the game until it's close to release.

ragolliangatan

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 31, 2019
I think March 2023 will be it's release- I don't think they are going to release it in the Fall due to Forspoken

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Now only if we could get a crumb of an indication for when we'll get more news. I'm dying for literally anything over here. They said Spring and we're nearly halfway through the season!

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I think March 2023 will be it's release- I don't think they are going to release it in the Fall due to Forspoken

I dont think that matters. Plenty of companies release multiple games close to one another. If they are good, they will sell regardless. If FF16 is ready to go, they aren't going to delay it because of Forspoken.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Then where it is? Can't Yoshida-san see the pain of Era users with clown avatars?

Feb 16, 2022
I have bets going that this will be 2023 at the latest against people who claim "I know how SE works, they're lucky if it makes it this decade". Prove them wrong, Yoshida.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I really love the following:

To people who have grown up, entered working society and think "reality isn't as easy-going as a video game", and at some point ended up separating from Final Fantasy, we want to want them to remember their passion from back then. We're making the game with that intention.

This would honestly be my greatest wish for the game. If it evokes the kind of feelings I got from back in the day as a kid playing a Final Fantasy and getting fascinated by world, characters and story it would be a dream come true.