• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Stil not the best Yoshimtsu ever imo.
this one should be in
Oqdfzq5.jpg
The best Yoshi is still the Tekken 3 mushroomhead.

Akabeko

Oct 27, 2017
Really cool design this time. That VO is awful though. I know you can choose between Japanese and English, but I kinda wish they had an option for each character to speak their native language...

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
Are you sure? Besides, the title card is saying "The Original Mechanical Ninja", which also got me confused because I've always assumed he was mostly organic in SC and a robot in Tekken.

Yoshimitsu is the name given to every leader of the Manji clan. This version of Yoshimitsu is the same one as the Tekken games where he loses his arm and is replaced with a mechanical arm.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Are you sure? Besides, the title card is saying "The Original Mechanical Ninja", which also got me confused because I've always assumed he was mostly organic in SC and a robot in Tekken.
I think it's mostly showing that this is the original Yoshimitsu from SC 1 to 4 since Soul Calibur V had a different Yoshimitsu. The Yoshimitsu of V killed the one that appeared previously.

OP
OP
Silky

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

Yoshimitsu is the name of the sword, the Manjitou in Soul Calibur is probably the most futuristic entity in the series lore.

Yoshimitsu is the mantle of the Manji leader in Tekken. That one slowly goes through cybernetic enhancements through Bosconovitch up until like 4. Each Tekken afterwards is basically a new chassis for him

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Why is his voice not just the cool unique sounds he makes in tekken ? Just strange.

Have previous soul cal's had the ability to change a single characters voice from English to japanese ? Like in Street Fighter X Tekken ?

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
That's Yoshimitsu alright. Not much else to say. Well I guess it is cool seeing those familiar grab animations. Design is kinda boring compared to the last few games imo. Better than 3's but 4 and 5 (especially) had way cooler designs.

Also smh at hating on the English voice. It's cheesy goodness and he has the best lines too. Namu namu namu!

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
He has a cyborg arm in SC. It even had a specific customization slot back in Soulcalibur 4.

Sargerus

â–˛ Legend â–˛
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That art looks great, i still prefer Cthulhumitsu from T7 tho
tekken_7_yoshimitsu_6000x6000_by_tekkensevenplayable-db6fqzu.jpg

Evilisk

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshimitsu is the sword and not the character. The characters change because the swords possesses them. That's why the character was an alien in one of the Tekken games.

As a Yoshimitsu fan this doesnt sound correct

I know Yoshimitsu in Soul Calibur 5 was a completely new character that killed the old one and did inherit the sword (there's even artwork with 5 Yoshi holding OG Yoshi's helmet) but the Yoshi from 1 to 4 I'm pretty sure is the same person

Tekken Yoshi also isn't an alien IIRC. He's got a cyborg arm but just dresses like a weirdo

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
All i hope we get an option for Japanese voice over, not once i played the series with english setting. To cringe and just overall bad.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Around 0:32, he does some moves that have gold flashes that *look* like Brave Edge moves but he's not in Soul Charge .
yrvPGR.gif

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is such a top tier character design.

It's pretty tragic how much love and care Namco can put on certain male characters only to resort to the trashy misogynistic designs for the female cast.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
Annnnd that is still not Hwang!

I like his new look though. The red hair could be better flowing in-game because it looks great in the illustrated art.

May 5, 2018
How is Yoshimitsu a surprising return. He's been around since SC1 and it's expected to see him return. Glad to see him back though, always enjoyed his play style.

Oct 25, 2017
Not getting the complaints about the voice, he sounds like Yoshimitsu should sound. Cool super too, looks like his blade steals souls™

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
That English voice is awful. But presumably they'll have Wakamoto for the JP one again so it's all good.

Kinda feel like the design looks a bit too garish in game, but it's great in the artwork.

He sure seems to have a lot of new mechanics or moves. Best guess is he absorbs souls with some of his moves and then he can spend it on those yellow flash moves?

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
That English voice is awful. But presumably they'll have Wakamoto for the JP one again so it's all good.

Kinda feel like the design looks a bit too garish in game, but it's great in the artwork.

He sure seems to have a lot of new mechanics or moves. Best guess is he absorbs souls with some of his moves and then he can spend it on those yellow flash moves?
I am kinda out of the loop, but that sounds like a good confirmation that we get japanese va. Have seen footage only in english so far so i was a bit concerned.