• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arthoneceron

Oct 27, 2017
Minas Gerais, Brazil
As someone that always played the SF games as a casual, I'm not feeling myself motivated to buy Street Fighter V, neither Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. For different reasons, but that's the true.

I don't know if it was because SF never had a big single player campaign, or the Arcade mode was so simplified that I never cared about the story of the characters. Maybe both plus the incompetence of Capcom to bring something new to a formulaic franchise.

But looking at their immediate competitors, Mortal Kombat X, they have more than a Online Mode, an poorly-made Story Model (and I'm saying that as a Visual Novel fan), an Survival Mode and a Training.

For MvC:I, the tone of the conversation differs. The game itself feels wrong when you look back at the Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. Of course, there are new characters, but the elements on the screen are really messed up, the story feels bland and uninspired, the MCU being part of this killed most of the interest on the game. Dragon Ball FighterZ is just a nail to the coffin. The game itself turning into a meme didn't help too.

The last game I bought from Capcom was Street Fighter vs Tekken, and the gameplay itself was good there. Kinda differen that I was expecting, but good anyway. I wish that the on-disc DLC never existed and didn't killed the interest on the game, but that kinda explains how the things turned itself for Capcom.

Well, apart from all the things that you already know, I wish that Capcom didn't make the disservice for their fans on bringing something new to the table, because, apart from their Marketing decisions, the gameplay on the games are good. Also, it doesn't matter that generally there are lots people that play their games in tourneys or watch them in their houses, if the game itself isn't devoted to cultivate a player base, the failure is imminent. Ono and Capcom apparently learned that in the hard way.

Also, I'm not sure if the SFV exclusivity deal helped the things to get this worse, but I think that if that never existed, the game could have come in 2018 holidays and mostly of their bad decisions never existed in that scenario. I only hope that the SFV:AE correct most of that.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't they trying to appeal to the casual fighting gamers with MvCI? Isn't that the reason why it's 2v2, even more basic abc strings and the game looking jarringly realistic. I don't think that worked out for them.

Now they seem to be backpedaling and saying the game was intended for the core fighting gamers all along.

MvCI is far from basic and probably more execution heavier than it's predecessors, the art style was likely a mandate from Marvel . So no idea where you got all that From.

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
Man I wish they would have asked him to explain why smash and Pokken sell lots more.

Would have been interesting to see his answer

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter 4 sold something close to 10 million units. Its not very limited as far as appeal. What limited V was Capcom being cheap and unwilling to pay for their own game and letting Sony buy exclusivity

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Considering there are people who will buy Injustice 2 just for Hellboy and the Ninja Turtles its laughable that Capcom doesnt understand the importance of a games roster and content.

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
When I watched Esports, funny thing was that the more popular fighters (SFIV & V, MvC3, Smash, MK9 & 10, Injustice 1& 2 and Killer Instinct) were boring to watch.
Fighters with less viewers on the other hand like BB, GG AC & Xrd, P4, UNIEL KOFXIII & XIV and even Skullgirls, provided some of the most tense and unforgettable experiences. Those fighters were also much harder to master and play.

Though newcomers trying to learn the game should avoid watching esports alltogether.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
The game is much harder to play now as a result of all these system wide changes from the last game.
While I've grown accostumed to the game I cannot deny that stuff like no assists and the button layout are so much less accessible than 3.

They understand, they understood too well in fact just looking at the Capcom side.
What? The Capcom side was equally as bad, if not worse than the Marvel side, tho.

DR2K

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
While I've grown accostumed to the game I cannot deny that stuff like no assists and the button layout are so much less accessible than 3.

When you lose one character the game isn't essentially over. There's a reason Xfactor is based on the number of characters available and only that.

I just can't believe they removed such a elegant system in favor the random stones.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I could be wrong but I think the easiest thing that Capcom could have done to change the reception of Street Fighter V would have been to make it $39.99. even at $49.99, the expectation from the consumer is immediately changed.

Charging the full 60 really sets up the expectation of a complete and fleshed out game and maybe it's not appropriate to do that with a fledgling gaas platform. I'd really like to know how things would have turned out if the game had been 40 bucks.

MVC infinite looks like a lost cause though. That game had negative buzz for a long time and seems to have come through on it with the release.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
They had the right idea. But god damn did they fuck it up between the presentation and starting roster. It's kinda crazy how Injustice 2 and now Tekken have a more interesting crossover selection than the actual crossover game.

Hoping things get better once more dlc is out. If they ever do a arcade edition style thing for MVC:I. I could see it being a lot better

Deleted member 30569

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Fighting games are big right now. Capcom is the only company struggling. Smart people are obviously just rejecting their bullshit.

Which is a twisted irony, since you could argue that Capcom single handedly brought about the resurgence of fighting games with Street Fighter IV. Prior to Street Fighter IV, the genre was in a pretty bleak state. I remember the mid 2000s, those were some rough days for us fighting game fans.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
And that's the problem. Casuals see this posted on the internet and assume it's the community when in reality it's mostly online warriors and stream monsters who never go to any events.

Yup, I've been in many communities (I was mostly an FGC guy who crossover'd to Smash 4 and then back) and at worst, it's just some people not caring for Smash, or just kinda say it as a meme "lol Smash isn't a fighting game, m i rite?", but those same people will be cheering at EVO when Hungrybox makes a crazy comeback in Melee.

I actually found more disinterest the other way around, Smash players in person generally don't seem to have any interest in any other game but the Smash series (usually thinking the other games are boring to watch or think they have a huge execution requirement when in actuality Melee is one of the most execution heavy games of all time), whereas the FGC is more willing to accept weird shit like Windjammers and get hype over it.

Twitch chat and Kappa is just a vocal minority.

Weren't they trying to appeal to the casual fighting gamers with MvCI? Isn't that the reason why it's 2v2, even more basic abc strings and the game looking jarringly realistic. I don't think that worked out for them.

Now they seem to be backpedaling and saying the game was intended for the core fighting gamers all along.

Was just a bunch of PR nonsense. Once people actually started playing the game, we realized the PR was not truthful.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
MvCI is far from basic and probably more execution heavier than it's predecessors, the art style was likely a mandate from Marvel . So no idea where you got all that From.

The game had srk motions being simplified (which the change was def for casuals). The difference between an abc combo vs an optimal combo isn't much due to scaling which indirectly favors casuals (There are obviously exceptions to this like Thanos and a few others). Less clutter/noise filling the screen because of 2v2. Their reasoning for the change was it is too chaotic for the average player. More effort with story mode...

It's exactly what I said. They were trying to appeal to the casuals. Also, I never said the game can't be execution heavy or it's basic. Some of the mechanic decisions were definitely geared for newcomers to get their feet wet.

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
The game had srk motions being simplified (which the change was def for casuals). The difference between an abc combo vs an optimal combo isn't much due to scaling which indirectly favors casuals (There are obviously exceptions to this like Thanos and a few others). Less clutter/noise filling the screen because of 2v2. Their reasoning for the change was it is too chaotic for the average player. More effort with story mode...

It's exactly what I said. They were trying to appeal to the casuals. Also, I never said the game can't be execution heavy or it's basic. Some of the mechanic decisions were definitely geared for newcomers to get their feet wet.

It feels more like they added a few things to have a check in a box than to do anything actually meaningful for casuals. They probably thought the story mode would have grabbed enough of them tbh.

Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter 4 sold something close to 10 million units. Its not very limited as far as appeal. What limited V was Capcom being cheap and unwilling to pay for their own game and letting Sony buy exclusivity
Street Fighter IV had the advantage of being the first street fighter in a looooooong ass time though. So many people would have bought it as a "oh shit I remember Rai-you and Ken on SNES!!!" kind of reaction. SFV was never gonna get that because a lot of casual players would be like meh I already got street on PS3.

I feel like bringing people in by streaming, etc is a good idea and seems to be working. Evo viewership grows year on year. So they must be doing something right. IDK how to translate that into game sales though.

As to how to bring in people that like talking about FG single player content on forums- a more challenging question . I don't think a "good story mode" and arcade mode are really going to be enough even if capcom deliver it tbh. Everyone's expectations for single player has changed.

It feels more like they added a few things to have a check in a box than to do anything actually meaningful for casuals. They probably thought the story mode would have grabbed enough of them tbh.
Also this for sure. MVCI is still insanely hard. I think the easy one button combos don't actually work, any new player I play against never wants to use them lol.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
The recognition that arcade fighting games aren't going to experience explosive growth is healthy. Slow, steady attempts to grow the core audience is much more sustainable.

Pivoting toward esports as a growing revenue source when sales growth is slow is a smart direction for fighting games that will likely prevent another crash.

It does pose potential danger to the grassroots FGC, though. As esports becomes the product, publishers are going to want more control over that product and the revenue it pulls in.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Remember when Soul Calibur games had the Weapon Master modes where you went on quests with dungeons and such? This is such a simple way of opening a fighting game up to more possibilities than just climbing a ladder online.
Soul Blade came to PS1 with more options, content, and single-player content than most Capcom fighters did, and that was over 20 years ago.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Blanka Lovin' Dude said:
Core users who have been honing their skills day in, day out are overwhelmingly strong, so that newcomers don't stand a chance; because of this, the genre becomes a "closed market," only for a certain set of players, which is why compared to other genres it won't see the same explosive growth in users.

Newbies fight other newbies...at first. Thing is, the difference between people who like putting lab time vs those who don't rapidly has the former abandon the latter.

And when the latter encounters the former with butthurt from the salties amongst them who spend near-infinite amount more time crying than seeking KNOWLEDGE!!! you get this myth rejuvenated.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you want to grow the fighting game market, then you should definitely focus on single player content. MK9 should be the bare minimum these days for how much single player letter a fighting game has. Not everyone wants to compete against other pros online.

And for the eleventy billionth Groundhog Day-like time, when it's rewarded properly and reliably yes. But again, not every story-heavy Fighter is MK9...

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
If you could remind me now, of the supposed awesome state of fighting games at that time? Use that awesome memory of yours! :-P

Nah you're actually right. We call that the 'dark ages' for a reason. Other than the mediocre Mortal Kombats, Guilty Gear, and Tekken, not a whole lot to look forward to in terms of fighting games until Capcom announced SF4.

I'm not a huge fan of SF4 but it revitalized the fighting game genre massively.

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
Isnt there a story how Injustice 2 is the most returned game? Because people bought it for story mode only and returned it back?

Right now the problem I would say not how much content you put in but what you have to offer? Some people wont play SF because its SF they know that they had little fun int the series.

For Example next tekken going to have to come up with totally new combat system, most FG to be honest. Because all what they do know in terms of gameplay is "Look how pretty this is" instead of experimenting with new hardware.

Geese Howard

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I'm not new to fighting games, so I can't judge how welcoming MvC:I is to them, but when I got my hands on the game, the impression I got was that what's there isn't really adequate to actually teach people about the genre. I get that -- especially for a licensed game like this -- catering to people who just want their favourite functions characters to do some cool moves matters a lot, but good teaching tools could help convert some of those newcomers into those core users that actually care about the genre. Though with all the other problems that game is plagued with, I understand them not worrying about the learning curve too much.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
I mean, if you fill the game up with single player content I don't see why casuals would be turned off of fighting games. I've played fighters on and off for years and never touched the online stuff. It was just me vs the CPU with the occasional match with my brother. There's no barrier of entry if you're just playing the game on the easiest setting. Games like Guilty Gear have dedicated modes to teach you how to play. Capcom just got away with doing the bare minimum for decades because I guess gamers back then were fine teaching themselves how to do things. Doesn't fly anymore.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If you could remind me now, of the supposed awesome state of fighting games at that time? Use that awesome memory of yours! :-P
I don't know...

I was enjoying Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 5, Smash Bros Melee, Dead or Alive 3 and 4, Virtua Fighter 4 EVO, and some pretty solid Bloody Roar games back then, long before SFIV came out.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
The recognition that arcade fighting games aren't going to experience explosive growth is healthy. Slow, steady attempts to grow the core audience is much more sustainable.

Pivoting toward esports as a growing revenue source when sales growth is slow is a smart direction for fighting games that will likely prevent another crash.

It does pose potential danger to the grassroots FGC, though. As esports becomes the product, publishers are going to want more control over that product and the revenue it pulls in.

This

Big budget Marketing and Cinematic story modes aren't going to keep people playing for long. Even SP modes get very redundant after a while. The only things thats going to keep people playing is MP.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
If execution was really the problem than how is Tekken 7 selling at all? The game is complex and doesnt even have a tutorial mode of any kind.

Capcom is pointing fingers at several other factors rather than taking any blames themselves. They launched SFV with little content and got trashed for it by the casual audience. The gameplay was there and many core fans stuck around but the reputation was already set in stone. If Capcom released SFV Arcade edition as the original game I feel like SFV would be selling upwards of 4-5 million and we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Its not a matter of simply throwing together a long cinematic story mode as that didnt save MvCI. Its a matter of the package as a whole.

Presentation, good graphics, diverse set of modes and unlockables to keep players wanting to get everything, multiplayer options, etc.

Other fighting games that offer this (Smash Bros, Tekken, Injustice, MK, etc) are selling well. Capcom got left behind.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there's anything that can be done about fighting games being hard. Look at Street Fighter 5: they made broad changes to make the game easier to play, and it is in fact easier than ever with regards to the dexterity requirement. However, the psychological challenge of one on one fighting is unaffected. It's just as hard as ever. The feelings get hurt just as bad as ever. Fighting games are hard.

Nov 2, 2017
Nah you're actually right. We call that the 'dark ages' for a reason. Other than the mediocre Mortal Kombats, Guilty Gear, and Tekken, not a whole lot to look forward to in terms of fighting games until Capcom announced SF4.

You act like the franchises you listed weren't plenty for what has always been a niche genre outside the 1990s.

You also had the Soulcalibur at its peak between 2003 - 2005. Dead or Alive was a showpiece for the Xbox brand, for like, 6 years. The Anniversary Collection reignited interest in SF and helped the 2D scene a lot, in general. Online fighting games started becoming a thing with that release and It also made Third Strike popular in the US (along with the parry vid). People were playing MvC2, which was at the height of its competitive - and probably general - popularity between 2005-7 and it was being released on a new system like, every other year. CvS2 was at the height of its competitive popularity - this also had an active online community. Melee was at the height of its popularity (probably the most popular thing happening in games, period, at this time) and Brawl released shortly afterwards. You had Melty Blood, and plenty of other anime games that weren't popular outside the informed/enthusiasts, but were seeing plenty of play on college campuses and in competitive environments.

There was plenty going on if you weren't just someone looking to play a new shiny version of Street Fighter. When people refer to the "Dark Ages" what they really mean is that Capcom wasn't releasing any new games at that time, because 3s bombing in the arcades (and arcades dying) told Capcom no one wants to play fighting games. The whole "Dark Ages" meme got perpetuated by bad video game journalism outlets that had no insight into competitive FGs because youtube/streaming hadn't become a thing yet.

SF4 definitely gave the genre at large a boost, but there was plenty going on for FGs before it. SF4 also became a double-edged blade because many of the newcomers that joined the genre via that release got attached to the Capcom brand and it's taken Capcom continuously screwing up for that generation to just start to shake out of that trance.

Last edited:

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, if you fill the game up with single player content I don't see why casuals would be turned off of fighting games. I've played fighters on and off for years and never touched the online stuff. It was just me vs the CPU with the occasional match with my brother. There's no barrier of entry if you're just playing the game on the easiest setting. Games like Guilty Gear have dedicated modes to teach you how to play. Capcom just got away with doing the bare minimum for decades because I guess gamers back then were fine teaching themselves how to do things. Doesn't fly anymore.
Pretty much how I play them as well. I really don't care that Guilty Gear for example has mechanics that are completely beyond me as I can still have fun just using the basic moves against a CPU. I don't actually set the AI to easiest though as I like to set it to a balance where there's a chance of close fights. My issue with SFV single player was it was either brain-dead and pointless like the character story AI or unbelievably punishing like later survival mode opponents (especially since unlike an arcade mode there's no way to retry after a loss).

I'm a much less loyal buyer of Capcom fighters these days. I should have waited for arcade edition for SFV and I just ignored MvCI. They've been behind in terms of catering to my type of player for a long time. I'm happy for fighters to have mechanics catering to pros as long as my casual ass gets some bones.

Chindogg

Oct 25, 2017
East Lansing, MI
You act like the franchises you listed weren't plenty for what has always been a niche genre outside the 1990s.

You also had the Soulcalibur at its peak between 2003 - 2005. The Anniversary Collection reignited interest in SF and helped the 2D scene a lot, in general. Online fighting games started becoming a thing with that release and It also made Third Strike popular in the US (along with the parry vid). People were playing MvC2, which was at the height of its competitive - and probably general - popularity between 2005-7 and it was being released on a new system like, every other year. CvS2 was at the height of its competitive popularity - this also had an active online community. Melee was at the height of its popularity (probably the most popular happening in games, period, at this time) and Brawl released shortly afterwards. You had Melty Blood, and plenty of other anime games that weren't popular outside the informed/enthusiasts, but were seeing plenty of play on college campuses and in competitive environments.

There was plenty going on if you weren't just someone looking to play a new shiny version of Street Fighter. When people refer to the "Dark Ages" what they really mean is that Capcom wasn't releasing any new games at that time, because 3s bombing in the arcades (and arcades dying) told Capcom no one wants to play fighting games. The whole "Dark Ages" meme got perpetuated by bad video game journalism outlets that had no insight into competitive FGs because youtube/streaming hadn't become a thing yet.

SF4 definitely gave the genre at large a boost, but there was plenty going on for FGs before it. SF4 also became a double-edged blade because many of the newcomers that joined the genre via that release got attached to the Capcom brand and it's taken Capcom continuously screwing up for that generation to just start to shake out of that trance.

Pre-SF4 we considered 128 man tournaments to be EVO levels. WNF gets that for SFV almost weekly.

The rise in popularity and variety of fighting games after SF4 is night and day.

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
Pre-SF4 we considered 128 man tournaments to be EVO levels. WNF gets that for SFV almost weekly.

The rise in popularity and variety of fighting games after SF4 is night and day.
The rise didn't happen solely because of Street Fighter 4, it happened because the introduction of online gaming to consoles made PvP much easier to accomplish.

Nov 2, 2017

You're making a different claim. I'm responding to the claim that there "wasn't much to look forward to" for FGs prior to SF4. This is demonstrably false.

I actually think the genre is in a very similar space, in general, to its "Dark Ages" with the very notable exception that tournament numbers are clearly much larger now (and all the opportunities that come with that).

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
If execution was really the problem than how is Tekken 7 selling at all? The game is complex and doesnt even have a tutorial mode of any kind.

Capcom is pointing fingers at several other factors rather than taking any blames themselves. They launched SFV with little content and got trashed for it by the casual audience. The gameplay was there and many core fans stuck around but the reputation was already set in stone. If Capcom released SFV Arcade edition as the original game I feel like SFV would be selling upwards of 4-5 million and we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Its not a matter of simply throwing together a long cinematic story mode as that didnt save MvCI. Its a matter of the package as a whole.

Presentation, good graphics, diverse set of modes and unlockables to keep players wanting to get everything, multiplayer options, etc.

Other fighting games that offer this (Smash Bros, Tekken, Injustice, MK, etc) are selling well. Capcom got left behind.

Tekken is srsly not selling anywhere near its prime. While the 1.7m it sold in its first month is good by FG standards. That franchise used to pull 4-5m easy. Even Tekken 6 sold 3.9m.

And even then , I think what Ono was referring to fighting games not experiencing explosive growth compared to other big genres like FPS,RPG..etc which sell in the 10-20m range.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Pretty much how I play them as well. I really don't care that Guilty Gear for example has mechanics that are completely beyond me as I can still have fun just using the basic moves against a CPU. I don't actually set the AI to easiest though as I like to set it to a balance where there's a chance of close fights. My issue with SFV single player was it was either brain-dead and pointless like the character story AI or unbelievably punishing like later survival mode opponents (especially since unlike an arcade mode there's no way to retry after a loss).

I'm a much less loyal buyer of Capcom fighters these days. I should have waited for arcade edition for SFV and I just ignored MvCI. They've been behind in terms of catering to my type of player for a long time. I'm happy for fighters to have mechanics catering to pros as long as my casual ass gets some bones.

It's amazing to me they were able to come out with something like Street Fighter Alpha 3 which was pretty solid as far as content goes, and never did anything like it again.

Mark H

Oct 27, 2017
This

Big budget Marketing and Cinematic story modes aren't going to keep people playing for long. Even SP modes get very redundant after a while. The only things thats going to keep people playing is MP.
Big part of the problem is that you need something to hook casuals and newbies in, and having good single player contents (and good overall presentation) is such a hook.
Once these casuals and newbies find that they enjoy the base game, then they can dive deep into MP.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Which is a twisted irony, since you could argue that Capcom single handedly brought about the resurgence of fighting games with Street Fighter IV. Prior to Street Fighter IV, the genre was in a pretty bleak state. I remember the mid 2000s, those were some rough days for us fighting game fans.

Companies other than Capcom were still releasing fighting games and making interesting experiments with the genre. Namco alternated between releasing Tekken and Soul Calibur games, KoF games kept getting released, Guilty Gear gradually built up a reputation for quality and and nearly helped define the notion of an "anime fighter".
Not much on the Capcom/Street Fighter front, but the genre didn't really stop, it was just slim pickings if you wanted something new with Ryu in it.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
And the river of "this view, it makes me feel good, so that's what would work on a macro scale" in the face of erratic and nuanced evidence flows on...

c2n1JV0.jpg

"To be worse than dead...forgotten."

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Injustice vs MvC:I are basically a tie. I don't think anyone can make the argument whether people are more familiar with Marvel vs DC, although it probably leans to Marvel if anything.
As far as MK vs Capcom's characters, I doubt many people know anyone outside a few of the core MK1 characters and they're probably on the same level as the core SF2 characters

Basically the assertion that Lui Kang/Sonya/Johnny Cage/Raiden/Sub Zero/Scorpion are better known than Ryu/Ken/Chun Li/Akuma/Bison is pretty hard to make, even factoring in the MK movies
DC has the CW shows which do a good job at exposing lesser known DC characters to a wider audience. Not to mention a decade of popular animated movies and TV shows. People have a basic knowledge of DC characters no matter how niche they are. DC has always been very good at marketing their stuff and Capcom can never match that exposure.

Last edited:

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, what really limited SFV was the content in the game, then the word of mouth made it worse.

Stealth

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is Smash Bros. which sells 10 million a game.....then a little bit lower you get Mortal Kombat which I think sells about 5 million a game......and then you have everything else.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but it's really crazy how there are actually buyers who have no interest in taking their skills online. I really don't get the point of playing if you're not interested in trying to fight other people. How much fun is battling against the AI even if the story mode is well done?

Oct 25, 2017
It's amazing to me they were able to come out with something like Street Fighter Alpha 3 which was pretty solid as far as content goes, and never did anything like it again.
Alpha 3 home edition was a home port of a massively iterated game (Alpha 1, 2 3 arcade releases, home ports etc) so when they were doing the port to console it's not like they had to work on the base content we're seeing them add now. The game was done so so they had time to add goofy shit.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
I think it's going to be a while before people catch up to what Ono is saying here. We the players aren't the only customers for Capcom's fighting games. Red Bull, Razer, and Ben Q are the customers too.