• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Ee-io0DU0AAnlQy

Ee-io0FUMAE3XOb

MBS

Oct 25, 2017
SF6 rumors were not just rumors after all. I wonder if he also was the abolished DMC2 Director until Itsuno took over.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
wow he is really leaving Capcom, yeah no wonder that last SFV presentation felt so different

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Puts that reaction from the Capcom staff to Harada's ribbing in that roundtable stream in a whole new light.

Still though, the man did give us SFIV, so I'll ways be grateful to him for that.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There's the confirmation of that 6 rumor I guess.
Literally an end to an era.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Wow it's gonna be like that huh.

Regardless of how some people feel about Ono, I still thank him for the memories all these years.

WazR5h5.png

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
he is a good guy. He can't do his new job with the virus around, so it's no wonder he's leaving.

All the best. Hopefully he can find another job in the FG department.

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, "leaving", more like fired I guess

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Damn...he really must have messed up SF6 for that to happen.

Deep Down not happening, slow SF V start and not delivering on SFVI must have been too much for Capcoms suits.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
While he currently isn't so fondly looked on , hell def be remembered as someone who helped bring a new boom for the FGC with SFIV's release.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Wow.. Huge news. I know the SF community has been very critical of SFV and the lack of SFVI. But I truly wish him the best. He's so funny and passionate

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
He already was demoted and the last rumors about his involvement on SFVI weren't really good, but it's still unexpected to see him go. Wish him the best.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
End of an era

Damn... the fact that those rumors were probably true and SFVI was a mess... DAMN!

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Mistakes aside, Ono was incredibly passionate about his work which is always admirable. I hope he finds success elsewhere.

Izunavis

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Despite the ups and downs, good luck to you Ono. I wish you well wherever the future takes you.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Dude more-and-less was responsible for the huge resurgence of the fighting game scene in the mid 00s so he deserves his props.

That being said, I'm glad Street Fighter has some new blood at the helm. The final season having a Rival Schools character and an actual roadmap is already giving me hope for the future of the franchise and other Capcom fighters.