• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
The size is 511MB. The game looks a little bit rough on handheld. I haven't tried the docked mode but I cannot say I'm impressed.
screenshot10gjgc.png

screenshot2imjt7.png
screenshot3rvkcc.png
screenshot4ljk3w.png

Last edited:

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
One of my highlight games of the Direct. Thanks for the head up I was refreshing eshop like crazy lol

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
downloading. can't believe how amazing the game looked in that trailer compared to when it was first announced.

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
Will absolutely try it when I get home. I've been helping my youngest daughter through Woolly World recently so it'll be interesting to see how this one stacks up.

Those screenshots look a little rough, hopefully it's better in motion.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
The first level was kinda bad. If throwing eggs around is the gimmick, I'm not confident in the game being on par with Woohly World (which I really liked). It felt dull very fast.
Also, does Kazumi Totaka ask that much for a dub? These developers keep using the same sfx for Yoshi over and over again, it's super annoying after a minute. The animation also looked off.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just started. It looks it has good assets but the IQ is really not good. Far from native on handheld

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Played it and I didn't like it. Maybe a 3 year old will enjoy this but my issues are with how it controls and feels overall. Woolly world feels basically 10 times better than this.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Doubling down on the collectathon nature (dogs? cows?) isn't really what I want from this game and the demo level was far too simplistic and easy to get a read on what the full game will be like. I also found the new aiming system clunky. We'll see, I guess.

Unlovedjew

Oct 26, 2017
loved it. hope it becomes far harder later, but the depth and reverse world gimmicks are really neat.

Severance

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been paying Yoshi's Crafted World much attention and telling myself "nah I won't like this." Yet, I played the demo and it has a certain charm to it. It's got me interested. The demo level is very simple to be sure, but it is the first level. From what I've seen of the trailers, the later areas are much more interesting. It certainly seems exploration/collectathon focused. Which I tend to like. Super amazing game? Probably not. But it could still be quite enjoyable.

@dedmunk

Banned
Oct 11, 2018
I played the demo docked and performance is great except for the overworld (hopefully they can fix it). I streamed it on my youtube so I can share the video to anyone interested.

I was on the fence before but now I'll definitely pick the game up, it feels great to play.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
This is basically exactly what I wanted. Woolly World was one of my favorite Wii U games, and I like the way this game plays with level depth. So charming both in terms of its look and sound. Animation is lovely. I don't like that by default A is jump though. What madness is this?

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Its very wholesome, level is sinplistic off course so hope some of the later levels have a bit more complexity off course

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The framerate seemed a bit rough to me.

The movement felt a bit stiffer than Woolly World for some reason. HAD to stay on the predetermined 2D axes.

Mellow Mode seems to be very godly - faster movement, red coins shown like magnifying glass, warning when a flower is nearby.

I think an extra challenge for running the level backwards is good, but an additional thing like finding cows per level might be a bit much.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
This game is charming as fuck.

Won't be able to get it on launch since March is just so packed, but will get it later.

AppleKid

Feb 21, 2018
Was annoyed at its Direct inclusion... until they mentioned this. Demo helped justify it although I'm already sold on the game itself. Excited to try it out early and DOCKED

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a Yoshi fanatic so I will be buying the game, but those saying Woolly World is better are right at the moment. I'd say at least two steps better.

It's also just a demo though and 1-1, never want to overjudge things.

Spinky

Oct 25, 2017
London
It is launching a month before MK11 tho :p
I did quickly edit my post before I remembered this wasn't coming out in April, but it also comes out at almost the exact same time as the MK11 beta so the point stands anyway.

Between that, DMC5 and Sekiro, no way can I get this on launch. Will come back for green boi.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna download this (and DxM) to try them out myself but I want to know: does this game have even a lick of challenge to it?

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
The game looks ok, adding the different pathways was interesting but overall, platforming was just way too simple and basic. I don't think the aesthetic charms are enough to retain long term interest kind of like Kirby.

jpv_13

Oct 30, 2017
Like it so far. The first level is easy as it's more of a tutorial level than anything but the potential is there.

Thought it controlled pretty well, the idea that the level flips is neat, and I like the egg throwing mechanic. Will be interesting to hear in the reviews how it progresses, if it actually gets tougher as the game goes on could have a pretty good game here.

Also don't really agree with the initial perception that it looked bad handheld, personally thought it looked fine.

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
Awesome that they did this. Can't wait to try it out. Looks like it will scratch that Yoshi's Island itch.