• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
aXyIER1.png
Release Information

Developer: Good-Feel
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Nintendo Switch
Genre: Collectathon 2D Platformer
No. of Players: Up to 2 Players
amiibo: Yes
eShop Download Size: 5.3GB
Release Date: March 29, 2019
Price: $59.99 / £49.99 / €59.99

PbVwvKo.png

On the topmost peak of the island of the Yoshis sits the Sundream Stone, a mystical stone of legend which makes one's dreams come true. Baby Bowser and Kamek swoop in to steal the stone, only to break it and send its gems all over the world! The Yoshis must reclaim the gems and restore the Sundream Stone to its original power.

3sCjO6b.png

Yoshi's Crafted World is the newest game in the Yoshi series, continuing the tradition of cute artistic aesthetics and collectable focused platforming. Every level features a Flip-Side, where you go through the level flipped-around backwards, seeing how the levels are constructed, allowing you to find secrets and hidden details! Every level has a newfound sense of depth to it.

Z2r9p8E.png
XsptIWg.png

However, hand-crafted aesthetic isn't just for show! New to the series, Yoshi's Crafted World lets you throw Yoshi eggs into the background or foreground, and you can even navigate 3D spaces! The world is more dynamic then ever before.

Returning from Yoshi's Woolly World, the game features a multiplayer mode along with the easier Mellow Mode. Mellow Mode gives Yoshi a pair of wings to fly around freely, and can be toggled on/off at any time in the menu. In multiplayer, one Yoshi can hop on the other to throw eggs with ease!

U1y3uxI.png

While the actual platforming may be a breeze for veteran players, the real difficulty comes in acquiring all the collectables!

V6mf382.png

4j8kwYM.png
erbFTnZ.png
ePwx2l3.png
tJR3oxL.png

cPyj6mb.png

Yoshi can wear certain items as armor to protect his health. The rarer the costume, the more hits it can take! Collect them through the capsule machine, or tap a compatible amiibo to receive special costumes based off that character! There's over 100 to collect and try!

Compatible amiibo
(Each listing gives you a separate costume)
  • All Mario variants (including Dr. Mario)
  • All Peach variants
  • All Luigi variants
  • All Bowser variants
  • Koopa Troopa
  • Smash Yoshi and Super Mario Yoshi
  • Green Yarn Yoshi
  • Pink Yarn Yoshi
  • Light Blue Yarn Yoshi
  • Mega Yarn Yoshi
  • Poochy

METACRITIC: 81
OPENCRITIC:

Check out the review thread for more details about the game's reception!

YjQrEIn.png

Apr 21, 2018
This game kind of crept out of nowhere and got far more glowing reviews than I expected. Definitely on my radar but will probably wait until I have someone to play it with.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
is the point system still like it was in the last game, where you could collect everything over multiple run throughs of the stage?

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Great, i've already seen one of those "All Bosses in this new game that isn't even officially out yet" thumbnails.

Still looking forward to picking this up tomorrow though. I wasn't sure if I would be getting it day one, but some Aussie stores are selling it for a bargain day one price. That made it a definite purchase for me.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
really cute and informative ot! this is my first yoshi game, it looks really cute.

on first read, I read
U1y3uxI.png

as "LGBT ALLIES" and I was like yas yoshi, get it!

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
fabulous OP, OP. Looking forward to this. Didn't realise simplygames were shipping early or I'd have ordered yesterday. Now I'm probably a bit stuck - either order from Simply for cheaper price, or buy digitally for immediate access.

I really enjoyed the demo. Nice relaxed pace game, but with some decent hidden parts and collectibles to add replayability.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Poochy Kid's banner is tops, also makes me wish I had the yarn poochy.
To buy Day 1 or not.....I could use the cool down alternative to Sekiro and Apex

Deleted member 26156

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Was a great pleasure working on this with Muzy, had a lot of fun with it! I bet this is the first OT with an actual model made for it haha.

yQlVrBi.jpg

This game's gonna be so good.

Tora

The Enlightened Wise Ones
Jun 17, 2018
Very excited for this one, hoping it gives the same joy as Captain Toad did.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Can't wait for this! I hope the costumes are as fun to unlock as the new color combos in Yoshi's Wooly World.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to finish the first world last night, looking forward to diving into more this weekend.

It's an absolute pleasure just to sit and look at.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I should probably do my taxes this weekend, but Yoshi is beckoning me to say fuck that, I don't wanna pay taxes anyway!

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
This game legit looks like a dream come true. I played through Woolly World once and enjoyed it, but there's something super enticing about this. The negativity about it perplexes me... like people saying it looks too kiddy. What? Yoshi has always been about appealing to a younger crowd ala Kirby, but there's a lot to appreciate as an adult considering the strong art style and replayability.

It's a shame the music is supposed to be so bland, but it's not the end of the world considering how strong the art direction is.

My roommate and I plan to beat the game start to finish, I'm super excited to do so. I hope the coop is good, but I'm not expected NSMBU levels of polish.

My only hangup right now is the forced replayability considering how if you truly want to 100% the game, you need to beat levels multiple times by finding the "souvenirs." What made Yoshi's Island so fun to replay was the challenge of beating levels without getting hit, in addition to getting every collectible. Why can't they just stick to that while having each souvenir collectible in one playthrough? I truly don't understand. I don't even care about the flip-sides as it gives you a new perspective on the level and further strengthens the art style, but the souvenir mechanic seems so forced, especially considering the gated levels behind flowers.

tyfon

Nov 2, 2017
Norway
Going to pick up this for my daughter.
Just got to make sure she is using head phones due to the music!

When we co-op I guess I'll just put on spotify :)

Very strange pricing on this here in Norway, it's 699 at gamestop but 550 at komplett.no.

Theorymon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty excited for this game, mostly because Woolly World was the first time in years where I played a Yoshi game that didn't leave a sour aftertaste in my mouth. The only misgivings Im having with this pre release is the huge downgrade in the soundtrack (Woolly World has excellent music). From the levels we've seen at least, this game looks more creative than Woolly World, so that's cool! This will be the perfect game to play while Sekiro is kicking my ass in particular :P. Also doubly funny because as far as I know, Good Feel is made of a lot of folks who worked on the old Goemon games, so hey more ninja stuff!

BTW, nice job Muzy and The Poochy Kid , like that handcrafted image!

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
Since this is a game STRICTLY for babbbies, I'm wondering if it will appeal to my almost 3 year old. How automatic is the co-op mode? She really can't do much, but she may enjoy "playing" along. Can she be in mellow mode while I'm in normal mode?

silver1289s

Mar 8, 2018
I adore the art style with this game and can't wait to see the rest of the levels because of it.

I'm also getting a very strong Yoshi's Story vibe, which is my favorite Yoshi game.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
This is the Yoshi's Story 2 that I've always wanted, so I've very excited to get this tomorrow. Will be playing Coop with the wife.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
I don't have any compatible amiibos for this :/
I did find a Yoshi yarn Amiibo for cheap online but not sure how trustworthy the website is.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Loving the header image is an actual physical maquette. Awesome work!

As with the game, I might grab since I currently don't have nothing to play but Tetris. Perfect to keep me busy till Cuphead hits.

Vinsanity

Nov 2, 2018
Since this is a game STRICTLY for babbbies, I'm wondering if it will appeal to my almost 3 year old. How automatic is the co-op mode? She really can't do much, but she may enjoy "playing" along. Can she be in mellow mode while I'm in normal mode?

I'm buying it for my 4-year old. She played through the demo like 20+ times and loves it. She also loves Kirby Star Allies.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
so pop my switch into my backpack for the commute into london tomorrow morning - Greggs for a Friday bacon sandwitch then Argos for Yoshi (£5 cheaper than eshop). Sounds like a plan. Not sure if I'm willling to play it on the train home though - stardew valley already makes me a little uneasy what people might be thinking :P