• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
We all know Amano for his works in the video game industry, mainly for the Final Fantasy franchise. But Amano is a 360 degrees artist having worked in many industries.

The January's Vogue Italia issue features a work of his on its cover—the artwork is a representation of model Lindsay Wixson-Young.

Also, follow Amano's Instagram profile, he's amazing.

wholahay

Dec 18, 2017
Gorgeous cover.

Also, if you guys don't know Lindsey Wixson's face, you may be surprised at how little her features are stylized here.

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Whaaaaat?!? Going at my local newsagent at 6.30 tomorrow to grab a copy 😱😱😱
Thanks OP!

Edit: ok is out next Tuesday ☹️

Lvng

Nov 1, 2017
Wonderful to see! And it's a neat reasoning behind the decision. Curious what there will be in the issue.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Yo, well done fellow italians.

Well, glad they sell that in a few stores here, gonna grab one and place it next to my The Sky.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
You can put his art on *anything* and it'll look spectacular.

I still think someone like Ariana Grande or Charli XCX would make great partners for his Candy Girls series.

lyMbXkl.jpg

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
His style is very unique.
One of the greatest artist in video game history for sure.

Lua

Aug 9, 2018
Amano also worked on an anime movie in the 80's with the guy who would later direct ghost in the shell, in case you want to see more of his art.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Amano also worked on an anime movie in the 80's with the guy who would later direct ghost in the shell, in case you want to see more of his art.

This movie is on drugs

Fun fact: They couldn't get anyone to fund the animation, so they published all the concept art and storyboards as an artbook through Amano's publisher to raise money. Pretty clever way to do things before the age of crowdfunding.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
just picked up an issue in LA. wondering if i should open it. not really a collector, but more like, is there more art inside?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty happy with my collection (Vogue included which was nearly impossible to find here in Milan, had to ask a colleague to grab one from another municipality) although a few FF games got lost through the ages.

image.png

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty happy with my collection (Vogue included which was nearly impossible to find here in Milan, had to ask a colleague to grab one from another municipality) although a few FF games got lost through the ages.

image.png

Nice collection! I had to call several bookstores before finding a copy.

(Games are in a separate room)

zMGVTfb.jpg