• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is this, The Lobster? Deal or no deal?!

• Deal

Votes: 915 63.1%
  • No Deal

Votes: 428 29.5%
  • Get harshly scolded by your partner for even considering it

Votes: 107 7.4%

• Total voters

RionaaM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm already single forever for free, so bring on the money. Getting a bunch of money without having to do anything sounds like the best thing ever.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I can't imagine most people taking the money and not regretting it in 20 years. Your friends will mostly all be married. You going on those vacations yourself? Living in your mansion alone? At some point you just become the crazy rich dude trying to buy your friends' time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't asexual people also want companionship?

Personally, having someone who knows you, loves you, and validates you is worth more than money.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
Not even if I wasn't already married. I need close relationships. Even with the money I'd spend the rest of my life feeling desperately lonely.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm going to be single forever anyway. No on will have a piece of trash like me. The money would just be a bonus.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
As long as this doesn't force me to not have sex, by all means, I'll take it. Otherwise, no.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gay and would love to be properly compensated for what will end up being my destiny anyways
Nnnnnnnnnnnnn
373147084691472384.png

Deleted member 8741

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No. I make enough money now to feel secure and my wife has been my best friend through some of the shittiest parts of my life. My priority is for my wife to be supported and loved - not for my own selfish pursuit.

divination

Oct 26, 2017
As a gay man, I've never seen myself as fitting into the heteronormative expectation of getting married, settling down, having kids anyway, so yeah show me the money.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017
Mmm I don't think so. My girlfriend makes me happier than any amount of money, I think.

Renna Hazel

Oct 27, 2017
20 million isn't even close to enough to have me even entertain this thought. Add a 0 and I'd have considered it and sided with my boyfriend in the end anyway.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Forever single... but also being able to setup your immediate family for the foreseeable future if invested correctly? Oh man I'd seriously consider doing that.

I'd consider doing that for my siblings and parents alone.

Emwitus

The Fallen
Feb 28, 2018
At some point you run out of money or things to do with it. My wife is the greatest thing about me. So how bout no.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, having a romantic partner that loves and cares about you to death is worth more than all that money.

To me at least.

Osa15

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I'm going to be single forever anyway. No on will have a piece of trash like me. The money would just be a bonus.

+1
I am doing that for free right now. So, I will be a bit stupid not to take such money. With that amount of money, I can at least wipe my tears with 100 dollars bill.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
I'm married but I said deal.

I would take it, transfer half to my now-ex-husband, and accept that we'll be best friends.

Besides, love isn't constrained by how you're legally recognized. (I'm assuming single here just means you can't get married ever.)

Mega Man X

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely 100% yes! That is a life changing amount of money. I'd even be celibate for life if I had to just show me the money.

Having unstable and generally small income is what's making me have occasional thoughts of dying. Considering I don't party or have generally dangerous and expensive addictions like drugs or alcohol, having that amount of money would literally save my life.