• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What is this, The Lobster? Deal or no deal?!

• Deal

Votes: 915 63.1%
  • No Deal

Votes: 428 29.5%
  • Get harshly scolded by your partner for even considering it

Votes: 107 7.4%

• Total voters

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Considering my life would be probably roughly the same if I had 2 million dollars or 20 million dollars - like I wouldn't actually enjoy all that money anyway, too much stuff to own that I would not have time to enjoy and travels aren't actually so expensive when you enjoy them with a partner and are conscious of spending - nope. I can make myself 2 million dollars if I try super hard in some years, that's not something unheard of, as long as I have someone like a partner or my parents helping me, or even make more. Once at 2M, I can make more easily.

Handicapped Duck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
May 20, 2018
Ponds
Where's the contract? $20,000,000, that would set me for life and I could better enrich the lives of people I love and charities I donate to. Decision couldn't be easier for me.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I've been single all my life (I'm 33). I'd rather give money to charity or something than be with somebody. I don't deserve anyone anyway.

Crimson-Death

Oct 27, 2017
Purgatory
I have too much crap to do, no time and no patience for myself, let alone a relationship at the moment. I had enough of it anyway, I am over it. Give me the money. Can do a lot of good in the world with it.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
giphy.gif

furikuri

Oct 28, 2017
Man reading through this thread, it's produced some choice posts. No, being single is not a problem to correct. Millions of people around the world can, and do, in fact live single and happy, fulfilling lives. People in here thinking you need an SO or you're automatically bound to have a "miserable" life is some warped shit.

2.) Holy shit these posts are both insensitive and shitty.

Yeah, it's a bit off-putting—some of these posts come off as an attempt at shaming people for not being romantically/sexually active. It's interesting how posters who (otherwise) seem reasonable and/or "woke" will punch down on others whenever they find it convenient to do so.

Sometimes, it feels as if people are desperate to prove that they're the most normal person on ERA, and the only way they can do that is by disparaging people who don't conform to their personal definition of "normalcy". It's so tiresome.

Last edited:

Rhaya

Oct 25, 2017
You mean I get 20 million dollars now and I can still date and fuck every girl that says yes as long as I don't marry her?

Deal!

Tezz

Oct 27, 2017
Of course I'd take it. But I suspect aromantic aces are ineligible for participation.

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
As an ace, that's already the plan. I'll happily take several million dollars to do so. I'd probably donate a quarter of it, use a quarter of it to set my family right (pay off parents' debts, set aside college funds for my nephews, etc.), and then save the rest for emergencies/to support myself while I pursue my passions (learning how to make games, write a novel, etc.).

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
This isn't even a question for me. I actively avoid relationships as it is. If you paid me even $100k per year, I'd do it. For $20 million, I'd make much more ridiculous concessions than being single forever.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I would have done it for sure when I was still single.

Now I wouldn't give up my wife for 20mil though.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I've been on enough shitty dates to decide on being single forever so this is just asking if I want $20 mill lol

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Yes. Been single (as in not being in a romantic relationship) for roughly a decade and have given up on this awkward 'game' these days. I think with 20mil USD (though I'd prefer EUR!) on my account I'll manage for another few decades! Imagine all the fun and non-issues you would have with 20 million! (I mean, we're not talking about having no friends, social life or whatsoever).

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never ever, I'm far too romantic for that and don't care that much about money anyway.

Never mind that suddenly having this much money can and probably will seriously mess up your life.

Deleted member 3465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Space
Nope! I fully believe I can find a good long-lasting relationship and make 20 million dollars on my own. So best of both worlds! Maybe if this question was asked when I was 70 I'd consider it :P.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
Hell yeah I'd take the deal. I'm going to be single forever anyways and my family and I could use that money to escape from poverty and debt and pay for any medical expenses for my sick relatives. I couldn't care less about some hypothetical partner when I could take care of the family I already have.

Bring on the 20 mil!

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think so. I don't want to be alone, though I understand some are perfectly happy without an SO. 20 million would make me never worry about money again, but when I think about stuff i'd do with it like wanting to travel the world it's something i'd want to do with an SO. I make enough money to be comfortable as is so I think i'd turn this down nearly instantly.

Biteren

Oct 29, 2017
it sounds like a good deal to me, i mean women arent clamoring to get some of this anyways...