• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Joo

May 25, 2018
Genre: Lord of the Rings RPG

Director: Cory Barlog, Dan Houser

Writer: Neil Druckmann

Artist: Adam Badowski

Composer: Howard Shore

Influences:
– God of War's tight combat and fantastical elements,
– ND's emotional depth and story potential,
– Witcher's art direction with a touch from Cory,
– RDR2's social sim elements and enormous varied world
– Top notch lifelike animation from rockstar, ND, SSM combined
– Howard Shore's Lotr trilogy -like score

Oct 27, 2017
-Genre
I'd go for a wide-linear FPS with level design inspired by Halo:CE and Crysis and no ADS.

-Director
I'd quite like to see Cory Barlog (God of War) try his hand at this genre, but I'd also like to see Alex Ward (Black, Burnout) have another crack with a big budget.

-Writer
I think maybe Neil Druckmann (The Last of Us) because I really like how he writes characters. And Drew Karpyshyn (ex-Bioware) because I've enjoyed all his plots and they always have a good twist.

-Artist
Whoever is lead artist on Overwatch. I love its visual style and I think it'll age really nicely. I also really like the design of the spaceships and tech in Helldivers, so whoever was responsible for that.

-Composer
Ari Pulkkinen (Resogun, Nex Machina, Trine). I love his electronica music and would like him to get more exposure.

-Sound designer
Either whoever is responsible for this at DICE or at Creative Assembly (re. Alien Isolation in particular). If I'm firing guns I want them to sound loud and scary and dangerous.

-Gameplay designer
I really liked what Kurt Margenau did with Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. I'd also like to hire whoever was responsible for the level design and pacing in Titanfall 2.

For the first game I'd go narratively pretty straightforward; encounter hostile aliens on another planet and got to get off-planet and back to warn Earth/the alliance of Earth planets. Basically the whole setup is pretty similar to the original Halo but narratively I've never liked the direction they took after the first game. I'd want wide levels, a feeling of discovery like Halo or Unreal and gameplay that's relatively old school. Have a small selection of about 8-10 weapons (on a weapon wheel), about 6-8 distinct enemy types with different behaviours and a nice level of environmental interaction allowing for tactics, like in Crysis 1.

Alright, I like this topic so let's give this another go:

-Genre
Third-person action sci-fi shooter not a million miles from Mass Effect.

-Director
How about Alex Garland? I like how his films have depth to them and I'd want the game to have a lot of tangible atmosphere and downtime rather than all just shooting.

-Writer
How about the two dudes who wrote God of War 2018 with Cory Barlog? Their names are Matt Sophos and Richard Zangrande Gaubert according to my memory, and totally not just copied and pasted from Wikipedia.

-Artist
I'd want the game to be colourful and strange and alien in its art, but I don't know who could best achieve that. I want to say the lead visual effects artist from Annihilation, if that's not cheating? Or maybe someone who worked on Warframe, although I personally don't really like the character art in that game.

-Composer
Paul Leonard Morgan. Wrote the soundtrack to Dredd, and I believe he's already done a few games as well. I think he's a very underrated composer and can do a broad range of genres.

-Sound designer
I don't really know any sound designers in games or film, but I think it's a really important aspect of immersion. Whoever's like the lead sound designer from DICE or Naughty Dog would be a good bet as their games always sound outstanding.

-Gameplay designer
Whoever was responsible for the movement and controls in Metal Gear Solid V, and whoever was responsible for the level design in the recent Hitman games.

So I'm thinking it's a sci-fi game set across a small number of mid-sized planets and it has a mixture of exploration and action, and I would like the alien aspects to see really alien. Not necessarily horrific, but just very strange and unique. There's probably some great examples buried in the various planets of No Man's Sky. I don't really care for the big party lots of sex aspect of Bioware games, but I'd like a small group of characters making their way to uncover a mystery. Maybe it's a smaller part of a larger puzzle that turns out to be galaxy-threatening.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Genre - ARPG(He-Man and the Masters of the Universe)
Director - Cory Barlog
Writer - Chris Avellone
Artist - Joe Madureira
Composer - Hans Zimmer

Somebody make this happen...LOL.

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies for the bump but I really like this topic idea.

-Genre
First person shooter by Naughty Dog.

-Director
How about Marty Stratton and Hugo Martin, who directed Doom and are currently working on Doom Eternal. They seem to have a good idea of how to make a shooter that has a good balance between modern and retro.

-Writer
I'm not sure plot is too important for the first game, provided you have a fairly well laid-out premise and good world-building. I'll say Amy Hennig as I've always liked her dialogue and writing.

-Artist
The lead artist from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (gorgeous game with big scale) and the lead artist from Bulletstorm (I really like the visuals and scale in that game).

-Composer
I'd get Royal Blood to do an alt-rock soundtrack for it. Lots of noisy guitars and drums.

-Sound designer
The sound design in God of War was superb, so whoever was responsible for that.

-Gameplay designer
Steal some encounter designers from Bungie and summon the inspiration they had around the time of their peak encounter design, Halo Reach.

I'd love to see Naughty Dog tackle an FPS next. I've just finished a re-play of Uncharted: TLL and it has a really nice flowing feel to the controls and fun combat with a lot of emphasis on position versus enemies and keeping on the move. I would like to see something taking inspiration from Half-Life, with a lot of interactivity with things in the environment, as well as the pacing of Titanfall 2 (or, to be fair, Uncharted: TLL) where you're always exploring an idea and then moving on to the next thing. I also think Sony should invest more in FPSs and ND would be the best dev in their line-up to tackle it with something big and new and breathtakingly impressive.

Nov 23, 2017
*Pick up to 2 for each role
-Genre
I pick JRPG. With
-Director
I pick Tetsuya Nomura. To help him along, I'll select Hironobu Sakaguchi. Nomura's a dreamer and THE GUCCH can frame Nomura's narrative tightly. I want all the Nomura bullshit but coherently.
-Writer
I'll take Kazushige Nojima
-Artist

Give me Tetsuya Nomura again. I'll have nobody help him. He's the man.
-Composer

Nobuo Uematsu. THE GOAT. Greatest. Of. All. Time. Period. Let him do this thing.

I want a futuristic SciFi JRPG where you are a clone of the President of the Earth. You the clone, are the good guy. However, there are several clones that are bad and are aligned with the President. The goal is to unravel why this is all happening and what strings are being pulled. I want to go more in depth on this but I'm having a hard time recollecting my thoughts at the moment.

Transistor

Vodka martini, dirty, with Tito's please
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Genre: Tactical Strategy
Director: Yasumi Matsuno
Writers: Yasumi Matsuno / Hironobu Sakaguchi
Artist: Akihiko Yoshida / Keiichi Okabe
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto

Just give me fucking final fantasy tactics 2 already

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd give Kojima the bag and let him crack on. He has never let us down and he's crazy enough to make another masterpiece.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Genre: social strand simulator
Director: cory barlog
Writer: yoko taro
Artist: Blizzard design
Composer: Hitoshi Sakimoto and Michael Giaccino
PR: Hideo Kojima
100M would last this team around 6 months.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't need $100 million to fill out my dream roster for staff. I already have a list of people I'm actually going after hiring in the future. That said, if money was no problem and I could relocate anybody I wanted to work with?

-Jeff "Yak" Minter
-Omar "Bock" Cornut
-Simon "Stealth" Thomley
-Christian "Taxman" Whitehead
-Bill "Slash000" Stiernberg
-Daniel "Lazygecko" Barlin
-Matt "BigEvilCorp" Philips
-Tiido "TmEE" Priimägi
-"Furrtek"

Make it all work somehow, then sit back and admire the god-like work this team would produce.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Im gonna buy the rights to garfield and let yoko taro direct it without limitations except it has to star garfield

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Genre: RPG
Director: Cory Balrog
abc74c5fa476509ea5b56bdbde1821f3.jpg

Best director ever.

Oct 25, 2017
Genre: Horror
Director: Hidetaka Miyazaki
Writer: Yoko Taro
Artist: Masahiro Ito
Composer: Keiichi Okabe

It would probably be a disaster but whatever lol

ThLunarian

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
A game by Team Cherry in collaboration with Hideo Kojima. Music composed by Uematsu. Art and graphics by whoever did Ori and the Blind Forest. Any genre that can tell a robust story, except for FPS (nothing against them, just not my personal preference)

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
I'm playing Death Stranding right now and I'll give that $100million to Kojima and let him go wild.

Producer: Kojima
Director: Kojima
Writer: Kojima/Del Toro colab
Artist: Yoji Shinkawa
Music: whoever in Kojima spotify list, lol

Genre: whatever Kojima/Del Toro want. Hopefully mech action game like Zone of Ender or Pacific Rim

Flygon

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know what I'd do with 100mil. Any game budget ideas would probably fit in under 500k. 100mil is the sort of budget you'd give to Video Game: The Movie.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
I'd hire the guys from Hollow Knight.
If they can make that with 3 guys, imagine what they can do with 3 guys and 50 million €

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
This is actually a childhood fantasy.

Genre : point and click adv
-Director: ron gilbert
-Writer : myself
-Artist: Gary Winnick
- composer: Martin Andersson (instant remedy) or if we are to namedrop a great composer : Keiichi Okabe

Now this game would be a ekonomic disaster but probably quite interesting. We would probably have som money over after finishing the game.

I'd play it. <3

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
-Genre Action -- DevilMayCry/Bayonetta lane with a Superhero focus
-Director Hideki Kamiya
-Writer (me)
-Artist (cheap labor; I'd invest more into getting experienced programmers)
-Composer Hiroyuki Sawano

Last edited:

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Genre: turn based RPG
Director: me
Writer: me
Artist: not sure, I really like the visual style of the first trails in the sky so whoever was behind that.
Composer:Masafumi Takada, Shinji Hosoe, and a single specialty track by Nobuo Uematsu

lightning16

May 17, 2019
I wanna see Sakaguchi make another game. I loved The Last Story and I'm sad it may be his last console game.

-Genre: JRPG
-Director: Hironobu Sakaguchi
-Writer: Whoever writes the Trails in the Sky games
-Artist: Octopath Traveler artists (Wiki lists them as Naoki Ikushima and Mika Iizuka)
-Composer: Yasunori Nishiki

I'd love another take on something similar-ish to The Last Story's overall design, but with the worldbuilding and dialogue of Trails in the Sky games and the comfy small village feeling conveyed by the Octopath Traveler artists and composer.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'll just take 30 million for me and give the rest to ND so they can do whatever the fuck the want.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Top down isometric action game

director: miyamoto
Writer: no writing please, just game
Artist: Banksy
Composer: the RZA

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Genre - Isometric RPG w/ turn based cover oriented tactical combat akin to X-COM and Shadowrun Returns saga set in the world of Star Trek

Director -Josh Sawyer or Jacob Solomon

Writer - (as lead writers) John Gonzalez or Chris Avellone

Artist - Wesley Burt and Joshu de Cartier

Composer - Dennis McCarthy and Austin Wintory

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Direction / Design / Programming: Derek Yu, Justin Ma, Matthew Davis and myself.
Writing / Music: Toby Fox.
Artist: Paul Robertson.

I would pay money to work with these people, let alone being given a multi-million budget!

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Genre: Fighting Game
Director: Me, with some direction from Ken Levine
Producer: Ryota Niitsuma
Developers: Eighting
Artist: Ayami Kojima
Composers: Michiru Yamane and Jeremy Soule collab
Writer: Ken Levine

This sounds jank. But I have $100 million so who cares.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Revive Troika, hire key people from Arkane, let them make a first person open world RPG based on Arcanum setting with Dishonored art style.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Lori and Corey Cole to make a sci-fi RPG a la Quest for Glory series.

More RPG and less adventure, but I still want their humor and the different paths to solving problems.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
-Genre: Turn-based JRPG
-Director: Me
-Writer: Not Me
-Artist: Bill Stiernberg
-Composer: HyperDuck Soundworks & Joshua Queen

Buddy1103

Jan 8, 2019
Genre: first person
i would hire The Initiative over at Microsoft but i would get final say on art, music, and writing. i have an idea for a game that would be amazing but obviously have no way to make it. fps game are beginning to feel very same-y in the way they control. the company who evolves this is going to make a lot of money. Valve's new half life game is going a bit in the right direction. i'll be waiting for the call Microsoft :)

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First Person Shooter
Horror/ sci-fi
Kojima Productions

I would absolutely love to see Kojima Pro's take on the FPS genre. The depth of mechanics in MGSV and Death Stranding in an FPS could be incredible.

Horror sci-fi, some kind of Mass Effect level tech future mixed with some kind of locrsftian/demonic/supernatural horror. Set in space.

Squarealex

Nov 11, 2017
-Genre : Survival Horror
-Director : Masashi Tsuboyama
-Writer : Masashi Tsuboyama
-Artist : Ito & Masashi Tsuboyama
-Composer : Yamaoka

Silent Hill 5 but is Konami so... I buy the IP

-Genre : J-RPG
-Director : Hiroyuki Ito
-Writer : Sakaguchi / Nojima
-Artist : Minaba