• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you take the deal?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 55.1%

• Total voters

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
If you accept, you will be transported into the Tekkaman Blade world as of the beginning of the TV series, right near where D-Boy lands on Earth.

If you survive for 3 years, you will be sent back to the real world at the time you left and in the condition you left, except you retain your memories of the Tekkaman Blade world and are now US$ 50 million richer. If you die, then you are dead.

You can go as yourself, or you can be assigned one of the characters below. If you choose a character, you will get their body, powers, skills, memories, etc, though you retain your own memories, skills, knowledge as well. However, you will end up returning to reality as that character, and reality will be warped to accommodate your choice.

Characters:
Firefly (Honkai: Star Rail)
Indrick Boreale (Warhammer 40,000)
Raven Beak (Metroid Dread)

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Yeah survive 3 years getting dropped at the beginning of a damn near Tyranid invasion.

What a deal.

NTMBK

May 22, 2023
d6lc40mi3yzb1.jpg

Just going from this poster, that's a big ol' nope

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
For those who haven't watched it, the key things to note:

- Earth is invaded by bug aliens. They're each individually better than tanks, so if you meet them, you're fucked
- The army trying to save the world doesn't have anything special to save it
- Tekkaman Blade is strong enough to take a nuke to the face so he can fight them but you don't know he's a good guy and technically he's not guaranteed to remain that way

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
Last edited:

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds bad. Don't know if it's better or worse that the Muv-Luv universe, though.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Actually I'd have to double check but I think if you're a human in the Tekkaman Blade universe for 3 years there's a significant chance that you'd be physiologically altered to become compatible with the Radam parasite within that timeframe.

Oct 27, 2017
For those who haven't watched it, the key things to note:

- Earth is invaded by bug aliens. They're each individually better than tanks, so if you meet them, you're fucked
- Tekkaman Blade is strong enough to take a nuke to the face so he can fight them but you don't know he's a good guy and technically he's not guaranteed to remain that way

Thank you for providing the necessary context the OP omitted which is kind of vital when making a decision like this.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that all the Tekkaman except for Blade are leading the invasion of Earth. Again, they're strong enough that they can be hit by a nuclear bomb directly in the face and be perfectly fine. They can also fly and shoot laser beams that can destroy any weapon on Earth and stuff like that. There's about a handful of these folks.

Soda

Oct 26, 2017
Dunedin, New Zealand
Thank you for providing the necessary context the OP omitted which is kind of vital when making a decision like this.

I genuinely think these threads shouldn't be allowed if OPs don't include context. Like, I read the OP hoping for context and then just close the thread because I wasted my time without it.

Anyway based on the additional context, this sounds awful. Definitely not. I admittedly also don't recognize the three optional people I could become so maybe that makes it feasible?

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Did I mention that the Tekkamen, who again are largely leading the invasion, are so fast when they fly that when two of them fight in orbit at the end of the series, crowds of people across the globe watch it from the surface of the Earth as if it's a pair of shooting stars flying across the night sky?

Last edited:

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
No about what world that is but going off the posts id stand no chance so no

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
Sounds bad. Don't know if it's better or worse that the Muv-Luv universe, though.
So the worlds of Blue Gender meets Gundam Universal Century but worse?

No thanks
To be honest these 90s bug alien invasion anime (probably inspired by the Starship Troopers anime) all kinda blend together and you're in for a bad time in any of them.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that all the Tekkaman except for Blade are leading the invasion of Earth. Again, they're strong enough that they can be hit by a nuclear bomb directly in the face and be perfectly fine. They can also fly and shoot laser beams that can destroy any weapon on Earth and stuff like that. There's about a handful of these folks.
Well there's also Shara but... welp

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-TpFzkSQ74

Dega

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'll pick Raven Beak or something and just wait 3 years on some secluded island or cave or bunker.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
God no; even if you don't get accosted by giant bugs on a day to day basis, being a Tekkaman isn't all that great at all given that you can either be completely brainwashed into leading the Radam, or be like D-Boy and have it slowly destroy your memories and most of your mental faculties

Haven't gotten that far in the story to know who Firefly is in Star Rail, and don't know that much about 40K, but your best shot is probably just becoming Raven Beak. And uh, I dunno how being a Chozo would work if you win and get back to the real world.

OP
OP
Raftina

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
There is technically the Sol-Tekkaman suit that they develop later in the series, which can take out the radam grunts rather easily. Then again, there are only 2, and you are not going to be able to get your hands on one, because they are rare resources.

View: https://youtu.be/cxY9h37PnKc?t=1087

Just going from this poster, that's a big ol' nope
That is from the (much worse) OVA sequel Tekkaman Blade II. The original had naked transformations pretty much only for the male protagonist.

God no; even if you don't get accosted by giant bugs on a day to day basis, being a Tekkaman isn't all that great at all given that you can either be completely brainwashed into leading the Radam, or be like D-Boy and have it slowly destroy your memories and most of your mental faculties
You don't get to be a Tekkaman. You are just in their world, as yourself as one of the character choices.

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
The world of Tekkaman Blade blew ass. I mean, the anime was amazing, but the world is a nightmare. There's no way in hell I'm living there.

(also, holy shit, I miss Teknoman/Tekkaman Blade)

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
I saw this thread title and was about to say, this a deep fucking cut, lol

Appropriate amount of "who?" in this thread good job y'all

PatAndTheCat

Apr 1, 2024
Would you accept 5 million dollars to live in this world from an obscure piece of media that I'm not going to explain to anyone what it is so only a few people can respond?

To answer the question, no

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Metal Gear?!

Jun 26, 2020
Would you accept 5 million dollars to live in this world from an obscure piece of media that I'm not going to explain to anyone what it is so only a few people can respond?

To answer the question, no
Look, before Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball on syndication, before Pokemon on KidsWB, before Gundam Wing on Toonami, there was Teknoman on UPN, and it was good.

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
You saying I could be a Force Commander Space Marine? Yeah then you actually have a slight chance to survive.
I would make myself a quick bunker and stay there for the 3 years.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
You saying I could be a Force Commander Space Marine? Yeah then you actually have a slight chance to survive.
I would make myself a quick bunker and stay there for the 3 years.
I completely overlooked this part:
However, you will end up returning to reality as that character, and reality will be warped to accommodate your choice.
So you'd come back to a reality warped into 40K. What is the point of the 50 million in a grimdark future where there is only war?

This is possibly the most no-win scenario of a "would you" OP we've ever had.

Archaic

Oct 28, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
If you were a kid in Australia in the 90s, you watched Teknoman on Cheez TV. Before Pokémon, this was the biggest thing in morning cartoons before school. If they'd actually had toys for kids to buy, they would've made a mint. Just how many times did they end up showing the series in full, thanks to popular demand? Had to have been at least 3.

In any case, given how much of a hell world that setting is, you couldn't pay me to spend any amount of time there in that time period.

OP
OP
Raftina

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
I completely overlooked this part:

So you'd come back to a reality warped into 40K. What is the point of the 50 million in a grimdark future where there is only war?
I was mainly thinking of things like memory and record rewrites to explain why you are now a 3 meter tall dude with multiple duplicate organs, or why you are suddenly a short white haired girl with super powers. Or a giant bird man. Not that the entire universe becomes the setting where the character comes from.

Iirc being in that world is just a matter of waiting to be vaporized or worse. So no?
You could also get impaled by spider like bug aliens. That is much more likely than being vaporized, because only the enemy Tekkamen would vaporize you, and there are only half a dozen of them, who really only go after big targets.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
While I know what Tekkaman Blade is, I've never watched the anime so know nothing about that world, I will say though being transformed into looking like and having all the powers of Raven Beak with his suit sounds kinda dope.

I wonder if his suit is more powerful than the Tekkaman one.

Oct 27, 2017
I genuinely think these threads shouldn't be allowed if OPs don't include context. Like, I read the OP hoping for context and then just close the thread because I wasted my time without it.

You won't find any disagreement here bud. And the OP has responded a couple of times but still can't be bothered to update the first post, so I can't be bothered to answer.