• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
This is a tough question, as there are probably a dozen series that I'd love to see revived and just as many that I'd be fine with killing off.

Revive: Portal
(Also considered: Half-Life, F-Zero, Silent Hill, Thief, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell, Perfect Dark)

Kill: Fire Emblem
(Also considered: Assassin's Creed, Destiny, Call of Duty, Dota, Pokemon, Halo, Forza)

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Bring back F-Zero
Kill whatever the hell garbage Paper Mario has become (alternatively bring back old-style RPG PM, kill...uh...idk...Fire Emblem)

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
Bring back Mega Man Legends. I need to see him
get off the moon

Kill... oh, i don't know, basically any yearly FPS franchise, I really don't care.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Revive: Sleeping Dogs
Kill: Someone said Red Dead earlier so I'll just copy that. Not like I really despise the series though.

CurseVox

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts (USA)
I will say this until the end of time if I have to but..

Bring back F-ZERO w/ proper online functionality and a course builder
Kill Pokemon and take Animal Crossing too if needed.

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Revive Megaman Legends, absolutely kill Fortnite. Easiest decision of my life.

Just in case adding bodies to the pile also gets me more revives, kill FIFA just to see what becomes of EA and revive F-Zero. Oh, and kill Call of Duty (hi ActiBlizz) and revive Shinobido, but with an actual budget.

archreaper93

Oct 27, 2017

My tastes>your tastes. Objectively.

18428.jpg

Deleted member 1656

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So-Cal
Kill: Metal Gear — technically, it's still alive — hello and goodbye, Metal Gear Survive!

118OmUu.jpg

It would be mercy, really.

Revive: The Wolf Among Us S2

ZJd0TgJ.jpg

John198X

Nov 9, 2018
Revive = Silent Hill. The way Konami seems to have historically treated their traditional game dev staff seems pretty awful, so let's license it out or sell it to someone that really cares and/or has interesting ideas instead.

Kill = Anything and everything exploitatively micro-transaction or loot box heavy, especially with a large underage playerbase.

BigWeather

Nov 4, 2017
A more interesting dilemma is if there is a franchise so beloved to you that you'd let a random franchise be killed (perhaps another that you also love).

For me that's Ultima, provided it picks right back up at its peak (Age of Enlightenment, IV through VI) and continues on that quality and ambition.

ΑGITΩ

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Revive: Baten Kaitos or Skies of Arcadia

Kill: 2D Kirby (so they can reinvent the brand, theyve peaked with this style)

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Revive: Interstate 76 (and vigilante 8 series). modern open world engines, physics, VR and such would make for a killer experience.

Kill: Postal. Because who honestly cares about that series anymore?