• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Link here:

Bungie.net

3HbBS6p.jpg

F.A.Q
We know you have a lot more questions about the move to Steam. Below are the most commonly asked questions. For more information, head over to our Help Forums.
Which Destiny 2 purchases will transfer over from Battle.net to Steam?
The move from Battle.net to Steam will include a one-time transfer of ALL Destiny 2 content that a player already owns. These will include Player Accounts, Destiny 2, Expansions, Silver, Annual Pass, etc.

Can players pre-order Shadowkeep on Steam now and link accounts to accommodate the move later?
Yes. Players may purchase Destiny 2: Shadowkeep from Steam's product page right now. On August 20, we'll welcome PC players back to this page to begin the process of linking their accounts on Blizzard's Battle.net and Steam to facilitate the transfer of content on October 1.

What will we find on Steam on October 1?
Current players of Destiny 2 on PC will be welcome to continue their adventure in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep, the next chapter in the story. New players will be able to take their first steps into that world in Destiny 2: New Light.

What happens if I don't sign up to move my Guardians to Steam?
Unfortunately, Destiny will no longer be available on Blizzard's Battle.net after October 1. We hope you'll follow us to our new home to continue your journey. It just wouldn't be the same without you.

You cannot play on steam until oct 1; this is just to prepare for it.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
That took all of two seconds, even when I had to log into everything at work. Good on Bungie for making the process painless.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
i got whatever it was from that humble monthly a couple months ago

is it worth trying to link, I don't think I ever played it

im asking if I get anything from it/have less stuff to buy or something in case I try to play it in the future

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Oh wow. I didn't know that my Destiny 2 purchase would transfer to Steam. I thought I'd have to buy it again.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

im asking if I get anything from it/have less stuff to buy or something in case I try to play it in the future

You'll have to link it eventually. It's being removed from battle.net and moving to steam

Also the first year of content is going f2p on oct 1 via steam

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Well that was fast and easy! Now I just hope we can somehow use the existing installation, really don't want to download all of this again via Steam.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
So our steam name is gonna show up in game now? I just remembered my steam name was "Griffith Did Nothing Wrong"

Kadath

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a problem since on Bungie I don't see the annual pass being transferred, despite it being active on Battle.net.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, I'll probably migrate next month when I get a new graphics card and buy forsaken annual pass on Bnet.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

If you never played it and don't plan to play it before October 1st, you don't need to. You will be able to get the new free version on Steam after that. This transfer is for players currently playing.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thing is broken. Cant get past the accept privacy statement. Yes i scrolled to the bottom. Button does nothing.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can't agree to the transfer agreement either. The "I Agree" button is greyed out.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to do it but site is probably haunted.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So, i have destiny 2 through humble bundle and linked it to my battlenet account, and when i do this all it lists under my transfer content is 0 silver. How the hell do i get the actual game onto steam?

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Have they given any insight on how much the season passes will cost? I want to get the current annual pass to get all the current content but I don't want to get shafted if they lower the price even more

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
For those having problems, I think since it went live, the site is probably getting hammered. Maybe wait afew hours ?

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
Have they given any insight on how much the season passes will cost? I want to get the current annual pass to get all the current content but I don't want to get shafted if they lower the price even more
Well last year, the annual pass for the Y1 content was $20 a little before Forsaken's release. It stands to reason they'd do the same thing for the Y2 stuff going into Shadowkeep.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Most of my online friends are on Steam, hoping to have more people to play D2 with soon.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
So, i have destiny 2 through humble bundle and linked it to my battlenet account, and when i do this all it lists under my transfer content is 0 silver. How the hell do i get the actual game onto steam?
I don't think it lists it if you haven't actually played D2 (The Monthly version is the version that's going to be F2P anyways in October)

EDIT:
But its a paid game, i thought this process was to get the game onto my steam account?
The base game is becoming F2P in October 1st. This is for people who bought the expacs and any silver from B.net

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
And done although i didn't install destiny 2 even once via the blizzard.net launcher. I got the game for free via blizzard.net launcher.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Most of my online friends are on Steam, hoping to have more people to play D2 with soon.
With the game going free-to-play and having a lot of positive word of mouth lately, I think there will be a surge of new players come October. Can't wait for it to hit Steam.

But its a paid game, i thought this process was to get the game onto my steam account?
The base game (which was what was in the Humble Monthly bundle) and the Curse of Osiris and Warmind expansions are going free-to-play on October 1st, so any purchases of those three things on Battle.net won't carry over to Steam due to them becoming free for everyone anyway. If you haven't purchased anything else or played the game yet, then there really isn't a whole lot that you can transfer, if anything. But if you start playing before October on Battle.net, anything you earn or buy will transfer once the Steam version is out.

Casker

Oct 25, 2017
Well last year, the annual pass for the Y1 content was $20 a little before Forsaken's release. It stands to reason they'd do the same thing for the Y2 stuff going into Shadowkeep.
That's the current price it's going for. They've been discounting it since forever now (probably since they announced they were going to steam?) but since there will be the new season passes I wondered if they'd discount further or release the pass individually like how they're releasing the future ones.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny : New Light is Free to Play , contains the base game and two year 1 expansions which is Curse of Osiris and Warmind. The paid content is Forsaken + year 2 annual pass and ShadowKeep + Year 3 annual pass.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
I am so looking forward to this move. I'm just hoping that Bungie doesn't get all weird about the many QoL features that Steam offers like they did initially with Discord and other overlays. To quote myself from an old thread where I was defending Steam features and what it takes to fully utilize my admittedly over-complicated controller setup:

Here's a breakdown of what I have in place to be able to start Destiny 2 with paddles and gyro via my Xbox Elite Controller with Brook Xone Adapter (which presents itself to the OS as a Switch Pro controller), or my Hori TAC Pro keypad (which presents itself to the OS as a DualShock4 controller):
  1. Create an alternate executable with OSOL so that Battle.net will open, start the game, and then close itself afterwards so that I don't need to emulate a mouse to hit Play, but keep a target executable as long as the actual game excutable is running.
  2. Create a GloSC profile that points to the OSOL executable so that Steam Input can properly hook into the running process and provide alternate controller support and remapping
  3. Add the GloSC excecutable with the specific profile to Steam as a non-Steam game, so that I can launch via Big Picture Mode.
  4. So now when I'm ready to play Destiny 2 on this controller, I can finally launch the shortcut via Big Picture Mode, which launches GloSC, which launches OSOL, which launches Battle.net which launches Destiny 2.
  5. If any of those steps breaks down, or if there is a game update pending, out comes the keyboard/mouse to fix it and try again.
  6. Play the game, but even though I have GloSC running, I still can't use the Steam Overlay to access game critical websites like Destiny Item Manager or Braytechbecause Destiny 2 actively blocks 3rd party overlays
  7. Oh, and a few updates ago GloSC broke and no longer closes itself once Destiny 2 terminates, so I have to manually close all that down after each play session.

You know what I'll need to do to play Destiny 2 with my controller come September 17th when it moves to Steam?
  1. Launch Destiny 2 via Big Picture Mode

Easy access to DIM and Braytech via the Steam Overlay is going to be another gamechanger.