• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Beating absolutely nobody to the punch...

After first testing the feature in its beta apps, Microsoft today rolled out party chat to its public Android and iOS Xbox mobile apps. The feature allows Xbox Live users to communicate with their gaming pals via both voice and text when they're out of the house and away from the console. That heightens the community feel of party chat and brings it more in line with something like Discord, as Tom Warren pointed out when Microsoft first announced this was coming.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/14/...hat-voice-text-now-available-android-ios-apps

Last edited:

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
Booo. Switch already could do this...

But really, I can't understand hho MICROSOFT can deliver apps so... poor developed?

Deleted member 62

The Xbox app is... fine? It does what's expected and is reasonably on par with the Windows 10 app as far as I can tell.

The Switch app does nothing. Some Splatoon 2 stats, I guess.

Yeah, I mean I know that the Switch app is crap. But that user said the Xbox app is poorly developed, and as I haven't used it in a while, I'd like to know what he thinks is wrong with it and this new feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.